Thread: A polite request for typing

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A polite request for typing

After a little bit of prodding, I’m posting a typing thread. I would very much appreciate experienced input into my typing. I’ll try to provide as much information for you here as I feel necessary. If you need more, I’d be happy to oblige requests.

I have sporadically published material; mostly short stories and genealogical articles (the latter is not my own interest, but rather an attempt to consolidate the research my mother has accumulated on the family). I’m currently working on a “quick and simple” road-trip game that may or may not see publish. I’ve changed my major three times: studying Theology, Health Physics and Engineering and despite being mid-twenties, I’m still in College between spurts of mission trips and working.

People simultaneously confuse me and bore me. I am rarely surprised by what people do, though I usually hope I’m wrong. At the same time, people rarely react to myself as I would like them to. This has led to a frustration with humanity as a whole and even my decision to leave Seminary. I enjoy teaching in one-on-one scenarios, or even up to a half-dozen advanced students at a time, but teaching a classroom full of elementary school children was not enjoyable.

I have a tendency to do more than my fair share in any given situation I think has value, and submit to defeatism when I believe what I’m working on has less value than the effort I’m putting into it.

I've provided some pictures on the assumption that this helps some people.

Last edited by Cirnech; 09-26-2011 at 09:11 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how do you score on the 4 dichotomies?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The four Jungian dichotomies scored by Myers-Briggs?

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cirnech View Post
    The four Jungian dichotomies scored by Myers-Briggs?
    Yes, in socionics they are also used, they just gave them fancier names.

Introtim/Extratim
    Sensing/Intuition
    Logic/Ethic
    Rational/Irrational

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd rather not bias people's opinions with outside information. I was kind of hoping to get new information as opposed to being told what people think I expect.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd rather not bias people's opinions with outside information. I was kind of hoping to get new information as opposed to being told what people think I expect.
    ah yes I see, no problem.

Let's keep it for afterwards.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The root cause of your issue is you don't know what you really have to offer yet, so you stay way too self-involved and stuck on yourself. Which you think will help cure you but it will just make you even more upset and drive you down a deeper hole of narcissism. You are in a catch-22, that's hard to break out of because you are a smart guy.

First, I would try to discover things that other people like about you. Focus pleasantly on what you can give to other people, not what you yourself enjoyed from the experienced. Your challenges in life will be learning to listen to other people without taking it to personally in a negative way. And try to find your own happiness based off that true connection.

When we find out what we really do for other people and what they really mean to us, our true unique gift, I think that pulls us out of the hole.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I first saw the picture of you my instinct was EII... (I know two EIIs that look pretty similar to you) and when I read your description I thought EII fit pretty well. soooooo EII it is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I appreciate the experience and effort people have expressed, I’d like to suggest some refining of that direction. I hope no one takes my intellectual rebuttals poorly, that’s not my intent. I’d really like to know where people stand on what I’ve posited.

Anndelise, there are very few pictures of me, much less video. The pictures provided are rare, as I’m usually uncomfortable with people taking my picture (I’m not quite sure why).

The Delta Quadra (LSE/EII/IEE/SLI, especially EII): Wow. I had no idea I would get so many Delta Quadra comments! At first glance, I can really relate to Delta Quadra values: a quiet, relaxed atmosphere; rational explanations of their actions; talk about new beginnings, growth; ect. However, it’s all too easy for people to describe me as “intense” when I’m engaged in what they call “arguing over nothing” (but I call friendly debate). I also have a dramatic streak, a flare for being larger than life, for brief periods of time (an activity that Deltas find disconcerting).

LSE: I don’t think anyone suggested this one, other than the fact that it’s a Delta-type. I honestly couldn’t peg-myself as this type. I don’t have any kind of knack for aesthetics of life and leisure. I do however appreciate people who do.

EII: This is honestly the type I can say I refute the least (that has been suggested here), in fact, I’ve been repeatedly tempted to settle on it as my own typing. After reading a number of profiles, I can however say that this type focuses too much on people, and while I admire the humility and patience if INFj’s, I’m just not deeply connected to people enough to follow suit.

IEE: Again, other than being Delta, no indication that anyone believes this is the case. I was surprised re-reading this type as to how much it clicked with me, but I have neither the natural insight into people’s emotions nor the lack of confidence in my knowledge base that is indicative of this type.

SLI: One of my best friends is probably an SLI but I have neither the aesthetic focus of this type nor the short-sightedness.

Some other types meantioned or implied:

ILI: (Mentioned as an IxTp) I don’t share the INTp’s inertia or its disinterest in forming emotional bonds.

ESI: (Abbie’s listed Semi-dual. I looked this one up, simply because of the vagueness of her comment.) I do not share the ISFj’s impulsive behavior or it’s appreciation for physical aesthetics.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Abbie’s listed Semi-dual.
    I didn't. I was vaguely agreeing with the EII suggestions without any substantial reasoning.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just wanted to make sure I had my bases covered. It was worth re-reading, any way.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI: (Mentioned as an IxTp) I don’t share the INTp’s inertia or its disinterest in forming emotional bonds.
    just go away