Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Nostalgia Critic

  1. #1
    ._. Aiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    2,014
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Nostalgia Critic

    Any ideas about this guy's type?








    Last edited by silke; 07-26-2015 at 07:48 AM. Reason: updated links

  2. #2
    you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    8,455
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ne-ENTp. A good portion of his humor consists of "how can ridiculous point be explained in relation to everything else," then he goes off on some tangent creating a long string of intentionally bad reasoning.

  3. #3
    Trevor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,855
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i see art criticism mainly as Irrational>Rational pursuit.

  4. #4
    Creepy-male

    Default

    I love this guy's humor so he may very well be an ENTp

    I'd had similar vibes, because he's very opportunistic about pointing out flaws and inconsistencies in a plot or stories logic and then milking it for lolz. Seems to point to an Fe-HA with Ti and Ne.

    He seems more ILE than LII because he isn't as stiff and goes with the flow of things a lot more, he doesn't really seem to genuinely care or be confused by the lack of logical consistency, but rather is just using it to opportunistic get lolz.

  5. #5

  6. #6
    silke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Posts
    4,660
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    not sure of his type, leaning on SLI-Te ... he makes for awesome gifs tho




  7. #7
    Haikus wacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    TIM
    9w8
    Posts
    3,526
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LII hands down. (IMO, lol)

    He reminds me of a roommate I recently had who I had typed as LII. Great conversations together, but eventually (even with tons of stuff to talk about) the conversations would peter out and he would eventually become somewhat annoying and I just wished that he would leave the room. : D

    With NC, I can see Fe suggestive / producing.

  8. #8
    For its own sake para's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Examining the next one
    TIM
    Aporia
    Posts
    499
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    SLI-like relaxed irreverence.
    Nothing is so difficult as not deceiving oneself.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Posts
    109
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ILE or IEE. I lean towards IEE because he gets way too personally offended in his reviews. He’s extremely annoying to me. Watch CinemaSins for actual Ti critique of movies.
    Last edited by Blue; 01-12-2019 at 06:30 AM.

  10. #10
    spiritual aggressor/volcel Troll Nr 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Playing with your head
    TIM
    Ne-ILE-C 7 LEFV
    Posts
    3,729
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Insert word critic think xLI. Anyway this style of thinking relies on introverted irrationality. Possibly SLI.
    Sol mb F type due to his inability to think alternatives.


  11. #11

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Posts
    109
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Insert word critic think xLI. Anyway this style of thinking relies on introverted irrationality. Possibly SLI.
    He doesn't critique so much as yell loudly about what he doesn't like about the movie.


  12. #12
    Total sweetheart PussyInASarcophagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    México
    TIM
    ESI 8w9
    Posts
    66
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    ILE or IEE. I lean towards IEE because he gets way too personally offended in his reviews. He’s extremely annoying to me. Watch CinemaSins for actual Ti critique of movies.
    LOL. CinemaSins is dogshit.

    Read actual film critics if you want an actual critique.

  13. #13
    Total sweetheart PussyInASarcophagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    México
    TIM
    ESI 8w9
    Posts
    66
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Unfunny ILE. His background is really funny though.

    His first job, how he writes jokes, the BTS drama of his godawful 5 hour long midnight specials, his power tripping and ripping off people who donated him 500k to make a garage set talk show lol

  14. #14
    spiritual aggressor/volcel Troll Nr 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Playing with your head
    TIM
    Ne-ILE-C 7 LEFV
    Posts
    3,729
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    He doesn't critique so much as yell loudly about what he doesn't like about the movie.

    Well, at least his style of thinking looks extremely dynamic. Very associative. It is not static analytical at all. Not very ethically inclined either and looks very irrational.
    Sol mb F type due to his inability to think alternatives.


  15. #15

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Posts
    109
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PussyInASarcophagus View Post
    LOL. CinemaSins is dogshit.

    Read actual film critics if you want an actual critique.
    No shit. You really thought I meant CinemaSins give actual film critiques? No I mean they use actual Ti in their critiques, unlike Nostalgia Critic. I mean, what do people make of 16:00 in that video above where he talks about how he was offended about Twilight lecturing about abortion, as he says. Why would ILE care in this way?
    Last edited by Blue; 01-13-2019 at 12:20 AM.

  16. #16
    Total sweetheart PussyInASarcophagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    México
    TIM
    ESI 8w9
    Posts
    66
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    No shit. You really thought I meant CinemaSins give actual film critiques? No I mean they use actual Ti in their critiques, unlike Nostalgia Critic. I mean, what do people make of 16:00 in that video above where he talks about how he was offended about Twilight lecturing about abortion, as he says. Why would ILE care in this way?
    He's extrapolating it but I get your point.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •