Thread: A polite request for typing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A polite request for typing

After a little bit of prodding, I’m posting a typing thread. I would very much appreciate experienced input into my typing. I’ll try to provide as much information for you here as I feel necessary. If you need more, I’d be happy to oblige requests.

I have sporadically published material; mostly short stories and genealogical articles (the latter is not my own interest, but rather an attempt to consolidate the research my mother has accumulated on the family). I’m currently working on a “quick and simple” road-trip game that may or may not see publish. I’ve changed my major three times: studying Theology, Health Physics and Engineering and despite being mid-twenties, I’m still in College between spurts of mission trips and working.

People simultaneously confuse me and bore me. I am rarely surprised by what people do, though I usually hope I’m wrong. At the same time, people rarely react to myself as I would like them to. This has led to a frustration with humanity as a whole and even my decision to leave Seminary. I enjoy teaching in one-on-one scenarios, or even up to a half-dozen advanced students at a time, but teaching a classroom full of elementary school children was not enjoyable.

I have a tendency to do more than my fair share in any given situation I think has value, and submit to defeatism when I believe what I’m working on has less value than the effort I’m putting into it.

I've provided some pictures on the assumption that this helps some people.

Last edited by Cirnech; 09-26-2011 at 09:11 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how do you score on the 4 dichotomies?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The four Jungian dichotomies scored by Myers-Briggs?

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cirnech View Post
    The four Jungian dichotomies scored by Myers-Briggs?
    Yes, in socionics they are also used, they just gave them fancier names.

Introtim/Extratim
    Sensing/Intuition
    Logic/Ethic
    Rational/Irrational

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd rather not bias people's opinions with outside information. I was kind of hoping to get new information as opposed to being told what people think I expect.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd rather not bias people's opinions with outside information. I was kind of hoping to get new information as opposed to being told what people think I expect.
    ah yes I see, no problem.

Let's keep it for afterwards.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Links to your stories, please.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd go for INFj at first impact. VI-wise, you remind me of a friend which I consider INFj; at the very least, you have an introverted vibe. Plus, you immediately talked about people in your opening post, which might be considered as a (perhaps weak, but nonzero) signal of F-preference. You also talked about what I considered your "creativity" but also a "weakness" i.e. inventing new games but being too indecisive about a prospective caree, which might point to Ne-creative. There is only one feeling Ne-creative type, and that is INFj.

Take it with a big grain of salt, I could self-criticize my own argument very easily, but that's the best I can give ATM.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't written in nearly a decade and they aren't posted online anywhere. You'd have to dredge through old editions of Dragon Magazine for my work. I think it's all pen-named under Sam Campbell. I'll see if I can't pull up some of my more recent work, though.

Marxist Ne’er-do-well Red Villain's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IxTp

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, from what you've read and the thread title I get Delta vibes. I'd say Delta introvert is pretty likely but more information is needed.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

Delta, not IEE
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would you consider posting a video?

I'm practicing my public typing skills so take this with a grain of salt, but based on the OP alone, I'd tentatively vote for Delta NF with an emphasis on Te (my version, not necessarily socioncs' version). So I'd probably vote Ne subtype Delta NF.

Further writings of yours may alter my perceptions, as may a video.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII, SLI come to mind. SLI>EII probably. Similar to my girlfriend's SLI brother.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I'd go for INFj at first impact.
    I didn't get anything from the description, but somehow he just looks like a person I could dualize with.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

lol

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The root cause of your issue is you don't know what you really have to offer yet, so you stay way too self-involved and stuck on yourself. Which you think will help cure you but it will just make you even more upset and drive you down a deeper hole of narcissism. You are in a catch-22, that's hard to break out of because you are a smart guy.

First, I would try to discover things that other people like about you. Focus pleasantly on what you can give to other people, not what you yourself enjoyed from the experienced. Your challenges in life will be learning to listen to other people without taking it to personally in a negative way. And try to find your own happiness based off that true connection.

When we find out what we really do for other people and what they really mean to us, our true unique gift, I think that pulls us out of the hole.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I first saw the picture of you my instinct was EII... (I know two EIIs that look pretty similar to you) and when I read your description I thought EII fit pretty well. soooooo EII it is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I appreciate the experience and effort people have expressed, I’d like to suggest some refining of that direction. I hope no one takes my intellectual rebuttals poorly, that’s not my intent. I’d really like to know where people stand on what I’ve posited.

Anndelise, there are very few pictures of me, much less video. The pictures provided are rare, as I’m usually uncomfortable with people taking my picture (I’m not quite sure why).

The Delta Quadra (LSE/EII/IEE/SLI, especially EII): Wow. I had no idea I would get so many Delta Quadra comments! At first glance, I can really relate to Delta Quadra values: a quiet, relaxed atmosphere; rational explanations of their actions; talk about new beginnings, growth; ect. However, it’s all too easy for people to describe me as “intense” when I’m engaged in what they call “arguing over nothing” (but I call friendly debate). I also have a dramatic streak, a flare for being larger than life, for brief periods of time (an activity that Deltas find disconcerting).

LSE: I don’t think anyone suggested this one, other than the fact that it’s a Delta-type. I honestly couldn’t peg-myself as this type. I don’t have any kind of knack for aesthetics of life and leisure. I do however appreciate people who do.

EII: This is honestly the type I can say I refute the least (that has been suggested here), in fact, I’ve been repeatedly tempted to settle on it as my own typing. After reading a number of profiles, I can however say that this type focuses too much on people, and while I admire the humility and patience if INFj’s, I’m just not deeply connected to people enough to follow suit.

IEE: Again, other than being Delta, no indication that anyone believes this is the case. I was surprised re-reading this type as to how much it clicked with me, but I have neither the natural insight into people’s emotions nor the lack of confidence in my knowledge base that is indicative of this type.

SLI: One of my best friends is probably an SLI but I have neither the aesthetic focus of this type nor the short-sightedness.

Some other types meantioned or implied:

ILI: (Mentioned as an IxTp) I don’t share the INTp’s inertia or its disinterest in forming emotional bonds.

ESI: (Abbie’s listed Semi-dual. I looked this one up, simply because of the vagueness of her comment.) I do not share the ISFj’s impulsive behavior or it’s appreciation for physical aesthetics.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Abbie’s listed Semi-dual.
    I didn't. I was vaguely agreeing with the EII suggestions without any substantial reasoning.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just wanted to make sure I had my bases covered. It was worth re-reading, any way.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best guess: INXj
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Since you looked so similar to an EII, consider the quasi-identical IEI? It could work based on current info. How do you feel about Beta quadra membership?

Addendum: Also, other Ij types.
    Last edited by GuavaDrunk; 09-18-2011 at 11:44 PM.
    Reason is a whore.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd guess ILE. As an LII I identify with a lot of your self-description, but you describe yourself as more outgoing than an LII, and you seem more certain of your opinions than most LIIs, which is one significant difference I've noticed between the two. While LIIs spend what most people would consider way too much time analyzing and re-analyzing what they believe, trying to eliminate even the slightest hint of error, by comparison ILEs come to conclusions quickly and then move on to new ideas.

Theology and Engineering are heavily Logical subjects, and I don't know what "Health Physics" is, but it sounds Logical. Inventing games and constantly changing majors are also typical activities of ILEs; an ILE friend of mine did the same thing.

Your frustration and lack of connection with people, and lack of control over how people respond to you, likely stems from Vulnerable Fi, which deals with forming and estimating opinions, sentiments, and relationships. Your dislike of being photographed is likely related to your weak Se, which deals with things like physical appearance and what sort of impact your "image" has.

"Arguing over nothing" is often how Delta types describe an Alpha NT's passion for strict logical accuracy (Ti), which they usually see as excessive and for all practical purposes (the only purposes they're interested in ) unnecessary. Being "intense" and "larger than life", on the other hand, makes it quite unlikely that you're an LII.

My "gut feeling" also suggests ILE, based on similarities to other ILEs that I know, and though of course I don't expect anyone else to trust such subjective evidence, I have learned to take it into account in my own reasoning, as it is frequently accurate.

Therefore, since several different lines of evidence point toward ILE, and none that I see point away from ILE, I am left to conclude that you are in fact, ILE.
    Quaero Veritas.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    I'd guess ILE.
    This was my first thought, in just glancing at the photos for VI.

I kinda have to disagree with the people who guess INFj, I think INFjs' eyes come across friendlier, more emotionally open.

ILE was my 1st guess on just VI. Then I read what you wrote: and you talk about getting bored easily, switching majors several times, and humanity... Can definitely see Ne as a possible ego function.

Whether Ne ego makes you Alpha NT or Delta NF, is more up to you. We'd need more information to type you accurately. But looking at those 4 types would be a good start. Good luck in figuring out your type!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Krig, Health Physics is the study and application of radiation protection and control (my current Major).

Some people asked for my previous typings by MBTI, and I withheld that in order to get some fresh perspectives (which I appreciate). I type very, very strongly along Introverted, Intuitive, and Thinking Dichotomies; I test very weakly as Judging. I think the LII stays true into socionics, myself.

I constantly tackle problems with what might be described as the rational equivalent of a sledge hammer. (I have discovered this does not work with people. I need a new tool.) If I don’t have a problem, I will build one to tear down. I don’t deal well with people, and constantly find myself at odds with groups that engender an atmosphere of aggression or intensity. During my time doing mission work I had to learn public speaking, and I spent a great deal of time at it as a Theology student. I get very nervous every time I think I might really have to do it again, but I can do it if I have to. By myself, I’m usually toiling away at some portion of an idea, usually grounded by how soon I’ll need to have it finished. In a group, I’m very task oriented, with small talk making me uneasy (we got together for a reason, right?). Once I’ve made up my mind, it’s very hard to convince me otherwise unless confronted with irrefutable evidence.

I want to welcome anyone who thinks I’m wrong to explain it to me. Honestly, I love nothing more than to be proven wrong (or convinced I’m wrong), as it means that I’ve actually learned something as opposed to the monotony of the day where I’m not challenged.

I'd also like to keep my typing open to challenge. I'm not infallible, and as people see more of my antics, they might see something that validates or violates my (current) typing.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI: (Mentioned as an IxTp) I don’t share the INTp’s inertia or its disinterest in forming emotional bonds.
    just go away