Thread: woofwoofl's enneagram type

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Exclamation woofwoofl's enneagram type

I've had a lot of suggestions for an Enneagram typing which is at odds with the one displayed here, and I wonder how much other people see that I don't in that regard, and specifically what that would be... I also want to hyperconcentrate everything in this thread to get the mojo going...

And yes, for all of the focus I've got on the environment around me, there's not a lot of me focusing on myself in those introspective kinda ways, despite me having been around myself for more time than anyone else has been around me... hence, the poll, which should hopefully show up (and if it doesn't, it would rule for a mod to get a poll up in here of all 9 types)...

Anyways, fire away, it's open season here
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3w2 fits very well with the overall picture of you.

I can only think of 7 as some other base type, maybe 7w8.

so/sx is consistent with your behaviour.

how about you let us know what other types people consider you as?
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

my first unpolished thought: assertive triad, not 8, 3 or 7.

competency triad feels good too which would leave 3.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he's clearly an sei 9.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Curious: what will you do with your enneagram type?
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3w2 without a shred of doubt. It's all over you, hombre.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

E3 looks to be the correct one, although, it's just me and I can be wrong.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah 3 makes the most sense.

If you're not very introspective, then that really points to 3.

I also think you might be a 7 though.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post
    Curious: what will you do with your enneagram type?
    One thing will be to find out when I'm integrating and disintegrating so I can do more of the former and less of the latter...

Also, if I can pinpoint some of my actions as being the result of disintegration, integration, wings, type, tritype, etc., that would be revelatory and a tremendous help for me

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    how about you let us know what other types people consider you as?
    I didn't want to; I thought it would color the results, but that bigass "3w2" all over my everything, coupled with the complete and total lack of any other Enneagram typing, could very well be doing exactly that

Anyways, a lot of strong cases for 7 have been made; 1 and 6 have been said to exist at least in my tritype or as a wing, and if other typings have been made, I can't currently recall them...

Thanks for all who posted so far, I've read them all and took them to mind

For all who didn't, fire away if you want to

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Though many aspects of 7 jibe with my knowledge of you I found that it was not only a general mis-fit but also that neither wing struck the proper note. 3w2, on the other hand, outlines your presented persona well. My reference is Rico & Hudson's "Discovering Your Personality Type".

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think 7w6 is a strong possibility for you, however 3w2 also fits.
    Last edited by Raver; 09-10-2011 at 08:51 AM.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    7 and 3 share general traits of the highly outwardly-directed individual who strives for experience and accomplishment, but the former often seems to encompass a selfish forcefulness in pursuit of desires that woof doesn't really exhibit. His promotion of others also strikes me as following an egalitarian "rising tides lift all boats" outlook instead of an egotistic one that draws others along in its wake, which also causes me to find 3 more fitting than 7.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsey View Post
    7 and 3 share general traits of the highly outwardly-directed individual who strives for experience and accomplishment, but the former often seems to encompass a selfish forcefulness in pursuit of desires that woof doesn't really exhibit. His promotion of others also strikes me as following an egalitarian "rising tides lift all boats" outlook instead of an egotistic one that draws others along in its wake, which also causes me to find 3 more fitting than 7.
    Fair enough, it does explain the ambiguity between the two Enneagram types.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Truthfully it's just an impression gathered from thumbing through a cheap book for five minutes each day on the toilet, plus observing individuals who appear to best suit either type. One important differentiating aspect I'll ponder a bit more is either type's "passion", according to my book being vanity for Threes ("I must perform") and gluttony for Sevens ("I must experience").

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just expressing an opinion here, and it's not going to be very helpful to anyone at all, but, I myself just kinda gave up completely on even trying to use the enneagram at all, a while back. This was after a couple years during which I 'tried on' every single one of the enneagram types except types 2 and 8, because those are the only ones that I'm sure I'm not. I did things to try to explain the differences between the enneagram and other typing systems, and in the end, I actually agreed with the people who said that the enneagram was a failed attempt to describe the same personalities that socionics had described better. But it's a long story and ehh, I don't care too much anymore.

Sorry that I can't be of any help, I was just griping.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just as I thought.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7w6 IMHO. Although I've had pretty bad experiences with 3s so don't take me as an objective source.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Truthfully it's just an impression gathered from thumbing through a cheap book for five minutes each day on the toilet, plus observing individuals who appear to best suit either type. One important differentiating aspect I'll ponder a bit more is either type's "passion", according to my book being vanity for Threes ("I must perform") and gluttony for Sevens ("I must experience").
    I just want to let you know before hand that my knowledge is limited in Enneagram as it is just something I have only recently decided to take seriously.

The primary reasons I feel 7w6 over 3w2 for woof is his general behavior:

For instance in music, rather than choosing to be a master of one instrument to indicate prowess, which is what a 3 might do. In his case, he has decided to be a jack of all trades, being proficient in several instruments, but not necessarily mastering them. To me this would indicate 7 behavior of wanting to learn several skill traits and not just be limited with one specifically.

I don't really see him as showing that much 8 behavior so a 6 would make sense as a wing for him, though it may not be that obvious at first glimpse. I think he most likely would be a head type over a heart type IMO. However, 3w2 is something that seems believable, but doesn't strike a chord to me as being his dominant form of behavior, which in that case it is most likely a part of his tri-type.

The main question comes down to is woof a head type or a heart type? I choose head type, but heart type is a distinct possibility. However either way, I'm pretty sure he fits the so/sx type stacking very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico1e View Post
    I'm just expressing an opinion here, and it's not going to be very helpful to anyone at all, but, I myself just kinda gave up completely on even trying to use the enneagram at all, a while back. This was after a couple years during which I 'tried on' every single one of the enneagram types except types 2 and 8, because those are the only ones that I'm sure I'm not. I did things to try to explain the differences between the enneagram and other typing systems, and in the end, I actually agreed with the people who said that the enneagram was a failed attempt to describe the same personalities that socionics had described better. But it's a long story and ehh, I don't care too much anymore.

Sorry that I can't be of any help, I was just griping.
    I used to feel the same way Nico1e, however I've realized that the Enneagram is essential in describing aspects of ourselves that are not adequately illustrated by Socionics. It covers ground on a lot of areas that Socionics fails to deliver despite the overlap and when you include type stackings than it becomes a more than suitable way to complete the puzzle of who and other people are.
    Last edited by Raver; 09-13-2011 at 05:32 AM.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mentioned to woof earlier that I thought about it a trace more and 7 is quite possibly it. 6 wing would be sensible if that were the case, too.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One important differentiating aspect I'll ponder a bit more is either type's "passion", according to my book being vanity for Threes ("I must perform") and gluttony for Sevens ("I must experience").
    ^ this. 7's motivation is going against limitations (real or imaginary), wanting to try everything and have every choice available to them, when unhealthy to the point of being unable to let any opportunity pass even if it means they can't achieve anything in the end, but are just grasping at straws - "the world limits me". 3's motivation is to be loved/admired (heart triad, people!), and they believe it to be gained through successes - "the world loves me for what I achieve, not for who I am". 7 is more into can't-stop-myself-from-trying-everything and 3 is into achieve-and-show-it. 3s are too often characterized as "posers" whereas they genuinely strive for success, not just image of it, but it's usually something which value would be widely recognized, unhealthy ones falling prey to making others' expectations their own.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sound 7.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    I sound 7.
    That's because you're a 7w6 as well.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hey korpsey, how many times can you go wrong before it really sinks in? Oh ye, hey Nicole, I'm supervising korpsey, come quick and type me, you Bob Marley looking freak.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did things to try to explain the differences between the enneagram and other typing systems, and in the end, I actually agreed with the people who said that the enneagram was a failed attempt to describe the same personalities that socionics had described better.
    I totally agree with you . I have no idea what type in enneagram I am and I've typed myself as 2, 4 and 7

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Once again, thanks for all who have commented and/or voted, or have been considering things that have not come to a conclusion solidly enough to post even

I've been reading a 305 page book on Enneagram that I'm 2/3 the way through (it's The Everything Enneagram Book by Susan Reynolds, who I heavily suspect is Delta and NF, probably Ne-IEE); I'll probably have to read some more, which means becoming a member of more libraries, which will give me more motivation to bike ride; all of the aforementioned are good things...

I'll have to look into the different triads to be more certain; when I get stuck in Socionics, I start going into Reinins, anything to move things forward so I don't get blockaded like this... I will say I've been paying more mind to 7 than I previously have, and it bugs me for me to be unable to nail it down...

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not 7w8? This was actually the first thing that came to my mind without much thinking. All in all, I think it's mostly 7>3.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Hey korpsey, how many times can you go wrong before it really sinks in? Oh ye, hey Nicole, I'm supervising korpsey, come quick and type me, you Bob Marley looking freak.
    Absurd I think you are triggering my ignore function. See, I typed you correctly.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Absurd I think you are triggering my ignore function. See, I typed you correctly.
    Piss off cunt, you're getting on my nerves and I don't like that.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I totally agree with you, I don't like the tragic and regrettable shortage of ILI females either. If I could get them, I would flood this place with them.

This is starting to feel like a thread derailment.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I totally agree with you, I don't like the tragic and regrettable shortage of ILI females either. If I could get them, I would flood this place with them.

This is starting to feel like a thread derailment.
    What the fuck are you even talking about? I mean, if ever would be put in a cage with you, you wouldn't make it out alive.