Thread: Jonny Davy (Death Metal vocalist)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Jonny Davy (Death Metal vocalist)

Jonny Davy. Vocalist to Job for a Cowboy... Easily my favorite band in death metal. His type has been bothering me for a while. I'm pretty sure he is Gamma and he comes off as an introvert. Though INTp seems doubtful. The lyrics in his songs seem to point toward Se/Ni and Te/Fi valuing and he generally seems to value those elements in person.

I cant find any good pictures but here are 3 videos. No need to watch them all but the last two are probably better than the first.

Here are examples of some of his lyrics:

4. Regurgitated Disinformation

Falsehood projects from a day-to-day instrumental broadcast that flows through the net of mass media
    The lungs swell as the puppets speak to the public as their words grow limbs to crawl and give birth to ignorance
    Reports endlessly drift and clock reality leaving mass audiences to believe into layers of fiction
    The hellish elite pull the vulnerable strings of journalism with the mastery of everyday blood money and ultimatums
    The boundless flavor of dominance on the starved tongue gives these kings a mental state of ambitious arousal
    For corruption steadily trickles from their fingertips and showers into the pool of forged mental assurance at their feet
    The sleeping masses live on in their so called tranquil lifestyle, they sleep and wake utterly
    Blindfolded in a regurgitated fashion money will always equal dominance, above law and above
    Government disinformation will constantly leave a nation as a forever
    Sleeping giant due to the ongoing voice of propaganda

4. Signature Of Starving Power

Let the money glutton kings recommence
    Their laws with a hushed signature of starved power.
    Silently wielding their supremacy
    Blindly over the heads of a shackled empire.

A thirst so immense that it violently chokes the majority rule
    To have absolutely no clout.
    A nation stripped naked of all rights from the fingertips
    Of ravenous dictating wolves.
    So simple for them to justify, so utterly effortless to execute.
    The crowned kings spoon feed a crippling and fear mongering agenda.

With new commandments birthed and implanted,
    They compose phobias from the running blood of thousands.
    Stand before your corporate Gods
    Intoxicated on money and power.

Let the money glutton kings recommence
    Their laws with a hushed signature of starving power.

A nation stripped naked of all rights
    From the fingertips of ravenous dictating wolves.
    So simple for them to justify, so utterly effortless to execute.

With new commandments birthed and implanted,
    They compose phobias from the running blood of thousands.

[Solo]

A nation stripped naked of all rights
    From the fingertips of ravenous dictating wolves.

Most of his lyrics are about the end times in Revelations tied into the conspiracies of MK ultra, illuminatti, and the enfolding of their plans into for one world government. Though the lyrics I posted have little to do with the biblical aspect and much more to tho with the conspiracies. Im pretty sure he isnt Christian yet I think he actually believes in the Illuminatti and mind control. In an interview he talked about how his Great Grandfather was the President to the Dominican Republic and "how the world is really messed up with propaganda and that people have no idea what really goes on outside of what the media tells them"..... this post is really long.
    Last edited by Sumer1an; 09-09-2011 at 03:39 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't totally discount ILI but if you want to keep it gamma I'd suggest LIE. Print interviews would be useful, as would examining interpersonal dynamics within the band as was done here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=35622

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsey View Post
    I can't totally discount ILI but if you want to keep it gamma I'd suggest LIE. Print interviews would be useful, as would examining interpersonal dynamics within the band as was done here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=35622
    Of course ILI is still a possibility, in fact, after watching a few more interviews I think its one of the most likely types for him. I mainly strayed away from it at first because he doesnt seem very intelligent at first but Im pretty sure he is just mentally lazy in his interviews making him seem that way. He could also be a type from another quadra... I just think gamma is the most likely.

He seems to value Ni.. all of the album covers use symbolism and in some songs he uses quite a bit of symbolism. such as this: and this:

Here are some print interviews:
    http://www.onemetal.com/2010/02/22/j...-onemetal-com/
    http://www.lambgoat.com/features/int...a_cowboy.aspx- Jonny isnt the only one talking in this one.
    http://www.metalsucks.net/2009/01/07...cks-interview/

Here are some interviews with the band:
    http://www.metalinjection.net/tv/vie...-at-nemhf-2011

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumer1an View Post
    He seems to value Ni.. all of the album covers use symbolism and in some songs he uses quite a bit of symbolism.
    Symbolism isn't proprietary to any particular IE.

Just sayin'.
    Maybe not IEs, but your favorite Uncle Carl used to talk a lot about Introverted Intuition apprehending archetypal images1. Last time I checked, images were symbols. Just in case, I'll check again...Yep2, still symbols.

1 - http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Jung/types.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Extracted from a translation of Psychological types
    Introverted intuition apprehends the images which arise from the a priori, i.e. the inherited foundations of the unconscious mind. These archetypes, whose innermost nature is inaccessible to experience, represent the precipitate of psychic functioning of the whole ancestral line, i.e. the heaped-up, or pooled, experiences of organic existence in general, a million times repeated, and condensed into types. Hence, in these archetypes all experiences are [p. 508] represented which since primeval time have happened on this planet. Their archetypal distinctness is the more marked, the more frequently and intensely they have been experienced. The archetype would be -- to borrow from Kant -- the noumenon of the image which intuition perceives and, in perceiving, creates.
    2 - http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/symbol
    sym·bol   
    [sim-buhl] Show IPA
    noun, verb, -boled, -bol·ing or ( especially British ) -bolled, -bol·ling.
    –noun
    something used for or regarded as representing something else; a material object representing something, often something immaterial; emblem, token, or sign.
    a letter, figure, or other character or mark or a combination of letters or the like used to designate something: the algebraic symbol x; the chemical symbol Au.
    a word, phrase, image, or the like having a complex of associated meanings and perceived as having inherent value separable from that which is symbolized, as being part of that which is symbolized, and as performing its normal function of standing for or representing that which is symbolized: usually conceived as deriving its meaning chiefly from the structure in which it appears, and generally distinguished from a sign.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    He seems to value Ni.. all of the album covers use symbolism and in some songs he uses quite a bit of symbolism.
    Symbolism isn't proprietary to any particular IE.

Just sayin'.
    Yeah I knew that but I was alluding to the fact that Ni valuing types are more likely to be drawn towards symbolism and esoteric type subjects. Both of which is included in some aspect or another in this band.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else have any ideas for his type? Not being able to figure out his type has been driving me up the wall.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Anyone else have any ideas for his type? Not being able to figure out his type has been driving me up the wall.
    LSI and I'm like fucking million percent sure about that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    I was actually considering that. At least I figured if he wasn't gamma, he was beta and probably an LSI at that. Though I dont actually know any LSIs that are really like him.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I was actually considering that. At least I figured if he wasn't gamma, he was beta and probably an LSI at that. Though I dont actually know any LSIs that are really like him.
    I know one, he's called TheInfantile and self-types ILE.

Any more bright ideas Korpsey ?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Come on korpsey you git, I challenge you, you gamma wicked person you.

EDIT: You're not a challenge at all, it seems.
    Last edited by Absurd; 09-09-2011 at 11:24 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the interest of practical exercise feel free to bring it up on irc and whoever's game can make this a joint endeavor. If your timing is right you'll even be able to enlist the aid of woof or nil, who are more knowledgeable and appreciative of this style. And the dialectical aspect of brainstorming not only expedites the analytical process by uniting multiple perspectives but also enhances the fun factor. And never forget: CONVERGENCE=SCIENCE

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    Maybe not IEs, but your favorite Uncle Carl used to talk a lot about Introverted Intuition apprehending archetypal images1. Last time I checked, images were symbols. Just in case, I'll check again...Yep2, still symbols.
    Look a little closer, Yep Yepper: "Introverted intuition apprehends the images which arise from the a priori[.] These archetypes, whose innermost nature is inaccessible to experience, [are] condensed into types. The archetype [is] the noumenon of the image which intuition perceives and, in perceiving, creates."

So instead of perceiving a symbol's phenomenal aspects (i.e. its appearance), introverted intuition grasps a symbol's noumenal aspects. That is to say, it registers the abstracted semiotic content of what is signified, not the sensually received sign. Though Br'er Uncle did briefly mention a vertigo-induced vision of a teetering, arrow-shot man, introverted intuition resonates not with the apparent form of that image itself but does so instead with its meaningful content. Ergo, archetypal image != picture.

Come on korpsey you git, I challenge you, you gamma wicked person you.
    What's amusing is your pleading insistence that I take time to actually care you're alive.

EDIT: You're not a challenge at all, it seems.
    Quite so, I'm a complete impossibility.

herp 2 da derp )))))))))): sux2bu :(((((((((((( herp 2 da derp )))))))))): sux2bu :(((((((((((( herp 2 da derp )))))))))): sux2bu :(((((((((((( herp 2 da derp )))))))))): sux2bu :(((((((((((( herp 2 da derp )))))))))): sux2bu :(((((((((((( herp 2 da derp )))))))))): sux2bu :(((((((((((( herp 2 da derp )))))))))): sux2bu :(((((((((((( herp 2 da derp )))))))))): sux2bu :(((((((((((( herp 2 da derp )))))))))): sux2bu :(((((((((((( herp 2 da derp )))))))))): sux2bu :(((((((((((( herp 2 da derp )))))))))): sux2bu :(((((((((((( herp 2 da derp )))))))))): sux2bu :((((((((((((

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsey View Post
    What's amusing is your pleading insistence that I take time to actually care you're alive.
    No worries, you're doing fine not responding. Me dead or alive, you stand no chance anyway. In other words, your resistance is futile.