Marxist Ne’er-do-well Red Villain's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Translation of "The Dual Nature of Man"

Hey, Im relatively new to the field of Socionics and I'm trying to do some more reading on the theoretical founders. Does anyone know where I can find English translations of Aushra Augusta's "The Dual Nature of Man" or suggest any other works concerning the topic?

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish I could answer this, but I'm looking for the same thing. It sucks to be us. I too want to read Aushra's books. I'd almost learn Russian merely to read this stuff.

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rick has translated the beginning of Dual nature of man
    http://socionics.us/works/dual_nature_of_man.shtml

Dual nature of man is also available online if you want to run it through a machine translator:

http://translate.google.fi/translate...a%2Findex.html

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Rob View Post
    Hey, Im relatively new to the field of Socionics and I'm trying to do some more reading on the theoretical founders. Does anyone know where I can find English translations of Aushra Augusta's "The Dual Nature of Man" or suggest any other works concerning the topic?
    http://www.socioniko.net/ru/authors/augusta.html

Here's the original articles that can be computer translated and gone thru.

I'm not sure if there is a complete English translation but Rick has some content here.

http://www.socionics.us/works.shtml

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    Rick has translated the beginning of Dual nature of man
    http://socionics.us/works/dual_nature_of_man.shtml

Dual nature of man is also available online if you want to run it through a machine translator:

http://translate.google.fi/translate...a%2Findex.html
    Thanks for these. This is what I needed to write that paper. We need to have a long and decent discussion about what these papers actually say, and whether we agree with it.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

lol

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tcaud I disagree. right now I'm mobilizing my army coalition to storm your place of residence. give up now and say you're wrong before I shove my rifles up your mouth.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

k

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Online version(still needs translation):
    http://daer.narod.ru/LIBRARY/dualprir.htm
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Dual Nature of Man by Ausra Augustinaviciute

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...gustinaviciute

Hey, all translators and would be translators, I want to start a effort to get this article a complete translation. This article is one of the more foundational pieces of Socionic information and I believe would be of great interest to many new and old members.

I have copied a machine translated version of the article and am in the process of formatting it, but if anyone wishes to take a section and provide a improved translation, it would be of tremendous benefit to all.

Rick has made one translation of section 1-6 here http://www.socionics.us/works/dual_nature_of_man.shtml but I hope to get the entire article translated.

Thanks to any and all that volunteer their time and effort in this process.

TIM
    IEI 4 sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't be of any help, but I woud like to say I certainly second this post.
    "If you can find out little melodies for yourself on the piano it is all very well. But if they come of themselves when you are not at the piano, then you have still greater reason to rejoice; for then the inner sense of music is astir in you. The fingers must make what the head wills, not vice versa."- Robert Schumann

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know Russian, but here's a clean-up of part 1 of Part I:

I. The Nature of Romantic Love

What is the source of romance? Is love merely humankind's interpretation of the sexual instinct? Many believe so. Yet love satisfies, not one, but two separate needs: (1) the need to satisfy sexual urges, and (2) the need to connect emotionally with another. Both are influenced by and dependent on such factors as intelligence, culture, societal conditions, etc. But these are not the source of love. For us, the most convincing hypothesis is that the phenomenon of love can be explained by man's dual nature.

This is reflected by many philosophers:

- "One person alone is not a man," wrote Feuerbach. "Only in coupling does he find harmony and completion."

- "The true essence of love," writes Hegel, "is to abandon awareness of oneself, to forget oneself in another and in each other. And yet, in that obliteration and dissolution, finally find and enjoy oneself."

- Similarly, Erich Fromm writes: "In love, a paradox occurs in that two beings become one and yet remain two."

To explain this perplexing phenomenon, the ancient Greeks devised the myth of the androgyne, as described by Aristophanes to Socrates in Plato's Symposium. As the story goes, humans once had double-bodies: two pairs of hands and feet, two faces. It was only when a wrathful Zeus cleft them in twain that we are all now half a body, perpetually yearning to regain our former completeness.

In a similar vein, Ryurikova writes: "It's a natural feeling of oneness with another person; an absolutely sublime experience. We know that, in his normal state, a person cannot feel the feelings of another. Only at the apogee of intense love is there this strange psychological mirage in which the two separate 'I's disappear, as it were, and merge with each other, rendering each psychological androgynes. It is almost a literal 'reincarnation' -- as if part of one's 'soul' has transmigrated into the body of another, has merged with his nerves, and not you can feel the other's emotions as if they were your own... Why this happens only in love, only among close friends is unclear. Psychologists and physicians have yet to solve this riddle."

If romantic love is a consequence of man's psychological structure, it is possible to describe it not only in the language of art, but in the precise language of science. We do not believe people get married solely to have children or sex. What a lonely life! Not to mention emotional isolation in marriage -- an unhealthy phenomenon -- leads us to take a more serious look at marriage.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet