Thread: Fe-dominant visionaries and intellectuals

Hybrid View

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fe-dominant visionaries and intellectuals.

Let's go.

Peter Molyneux is an EIE, imo. He has a history of having a very maudlin presentation and making huge promises that never get delivered (lol Fable).

Richard Dawkins? I've heard ESE thrown around but I can't really personally substantiate it.

As always if you somehow think this is an attempt to vindicate my self-typing, you have a thread for that. I'll give you a hint, as well: it's not this one.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two mathematicians:

John Baez (ESE)
    http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/

Writing sample

Popularizer of mathematical physics, writing style is very familiar, good at making difficult math topics approachable. Recently took a professional hiatus from math to research climate change and environmental issues.

Alexander Grothendieck: the father of modern algebraic geometry, one of the most widely renowned mathematicians of the 20th century. Became a hermit and doesn't do math anymore. Mainly considered EIE/ESE, but he could be IEI. Writing style is ever poetic and romantic.

Looks a bit like Steve Jobs, doesn't he?

edit: I now think Baez is ILE and Grothendieck is IEI.
    Last edited by Exodus; 10-18-2016 at 06:51 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about Cat King Cole, is he one?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Off the top of my head for ESFj I'm thinking politician Al Gore, writers Stephen King and J.K. Rowling, and composer Johannes Brahms. They're in the visionary category... if you read into their personality. The first two are Fe subtypes. This probably won't help you too much, but is a good collection of Fe/Si brand personalities to get a couple kinds of visionary impressions.

Richard Dawkins is ILE imo. He doesn't have that same humanistic softness that comes with Fe dominants.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    Off the top of my head for ESFj I'm thinking politician Al Gore, writers Stephen King and J.K. Rowling
    ...according to Ashton at least.
    and composer Johannes Brahms.
    But where do you get that from? Is it just that the music has this sonorous and expressive quality? Is there any evidence that Brahms really was ESE? Or it's just that his music sounds like that to you?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Al Bore couldn't be more lacking in Fe. anyone typing that as ESFj has got to be either braindead or pushing an agenda.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Off the top of my head for ESFj I'm thinking politician Al Gore, writers Stephen King and J.K. Rowling, and composer Johannes Brahms. They're in the visionary category... if you read into their personality. The first two are Fe subtypes. This probably won't help you too much, but is a good collection of Fe/Si brand personalities to get a couple kinds of visionary impressions.

Richard Dawkins is ILE imo. He doesn't have that same humanistic softness that comes with Fe dominants.
    Ridiculous. Dawkins is like the Alpha Steve Jobs, lol.

Also Wtf, jk Rowling is Fi as shit.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

EIE

Grigori Perelman

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grigori_Perelman
    Skinny, just like a good N type.

-
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Off the top of my head for ESFj I'm thinking politician Al Gore, writers Stephen King and J.K. Rowling
    I feel like stating my disagreements. I never saw anything that looked remotely like Fe with Al Bore Gore. I think Stephen King is Ni--I always thought IEI, but I'm okay with EIE, since sometimes mirrors can look the same from afar. I think that J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter books are full of Ne (I suspect EII, but well, I can't really type her on her books... but I think she has Ne).

I think I'll list Bono... I suspect Bono's an EIE (as I know that's never been mentioned before by anyone). And he seems very involved in his causes and I wouldn't be surprised if he saw himself as a visionary or is highly regarded as one (having vision and carrying it forth).

I almost think with Fe dominants that because a lot of them can be so charismatic and display their passions, that they often end up feeling like visionaries to themselves or looking visionary-ish to others. I don't know how I would think of a "true visionary."

I've considered mentioning ******.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sean Parker, creator of Napster and later took part in Facebooks success, is possibly EIE
    He talks a lot about poor usage in companies who don't do enough to stay relevant on a long term basis, mixed with strong understanding of dealing with new competitors/ideas that can push current companies out of business

EII INFj
    Forum status: retired