Thread: Hip hop violinist

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hip hop violinist

This amazing dancing violinist who did great in America's Got Talent until her act bombed in the 4th week was posted on the Alpha Videos thread.

I don't believe that she's alpha, though. I think she's either SEE or possibly Beta NF. Just curious what type other people come up with.

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think static, Pe dom. I dont have the sound right now, additionnaly ive a really bad speak english level, so determining Ne or Se will be hard to me.

edit : shes really nice
    "The final delusion is the belief that one has lost all delusion."

-- Maurice Chapelain

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

my guess is Fe-ESE, her mobilizing function seems to be Pe and it looks like she is modulating Si-Ne

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know her type, but she seems to clearly value over and she's studying "Therapeutic Recreation". Why do you say she values ? I don't see that at all...

While it doesn't say much about her as a person, this video's theme seems to be SEI:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    my guess is Fe-ESE, her mobilizing function seems to be Pe and it looks like she is modulating Si-Ne
    How do you tell that her mobilizing function is Pe from watching that?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RandomSequence View Post
    Why do you say she values ? I don't see that at all...
    Because she's all about drawing attention to herself...In a good way, but it seems to be a common theme in SEEs, although I've seen that in EIEs sometimes. Her whole act is to play the violin and dance...It's a really attention-getting thing. Then her video that I posted is all about self-promotion. Yes, any artist has to do that, and she has a sense of humor about it, but that seems to be a major theme with her. Also, she strikes me as being an irrational extravert type. So if not base-Se, then possibly base-Ne as noid said.

She reminds me a bit of a violinist I knew years ago whom I would type as SEE or possibly SLE, and also like someone I knew who was possibly Beta NF of some sort...and in general, people I've met who seem as if they're "a real card"...someone very spontaneous who can get away with doing all kinds of crazy things and would probably convince the people around her to do them as well. In the past, I always thought those people were SEE.

I don't know her type, but she seems to clearly value over
    How can you tell?

and she's studying "Therapeutic Recreation".
    I think people in any quadra could potentially major in anything.

While it doesn't say much about her as a person, this video's theme seems to be SEI:
    You mean the music, or the videographer's camera work? The fact that it has a nature backdrop?

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    When I add up what she is saying there is this concentrated expansive element present, Pe, that is hidden agenda for EJ types, rather than an evaluating, judging element Je that is hidden agenda for EPs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I add up what she is saying there is this concentrated expansive element present, Pe, that is hidden agenda for EJ types, rather than an evaluating, judging element Je that is hidden agenda for EPs.
    I'm just trying to understand here...Are you saying that if you see someone who shows an evaluating, judging attitude and gives an impression of Je, that means the person is Ep, and if you see someone who shows a sort of super-spontaneous, Ep quality, then that means the person is really Je?

Maybe I just don't get what you're saying. I see a lot of people on the forum typing as if the most salient functions are generally the ones quite far from the ego block. When that happens, it makes me wonder why they reject the more obvious interpretation that the most salient characteristics of a person would normally be those of the ego block.

I'm not saying your way is wrong; there are many different schools of typing, and this just really emphasizes that fact, that those who type in a "direct" way will always have the person's j/p reversed (and club different) from those who type by viewing the "hidden agenda" as being the dominant factor in a person's behavior.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'm just trying to understand here...Are you saying that if you see someone who shows an evaluating, judging attitude and gives an impression of Je, that means the person is Ep, and if you see someone who shows a sort of super-spontaneous, Ep quality, then that means the person is really Je?
    I'm not saying she "shows" this particular attitude but that she is seeking it, as hidden agenda is what is requested or sought.

Maybe I just don't get what you're saying. I see a lot of people on the forum typing as if the most salient functions are generally the ones quite far from the ego block. When that happens, it makes me wonder why they reject the more obvious interpretation that the most salient characteristics of a person would normally be those of the ego block.
    For me it is the creative/mobilizing area that tends to stand out in people's expressions. Unlike leading function their displays are intense and easier to pick up on. I would not say that either creative or mobilizing are "far" from ego block. In fact after the leading function these two are the next in line in terms of 'strength' of display.

I'm not saying you're way is wrong; there are many different schools of typing, and this just really emphasizes that fact, that those who type in a "direct" way will always have the person's j/p reversed from those who type by viewing the hidden agenda as being the dominant factor in a person's behavior.
    Manifestations of mobilizing function differ from those of leading or creative, so it depends on what exactly you're looking for. I would look for different cues if I was trying to find base or creative or dual-seeking as opposed to hidden agenda. It is just that in case of this girl and these videos that you have posted I found it easiest to gauge the HA. Other people will have other methodologies of course. I also agree with RandomSequence in that she shows a lot of Fe.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If SEEs were Fe, she'd be the first one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I saw the first vid. I was thinking somewhere along the lines of ExFp... but once I watched the second video I agree with you ESFp is more likely. I see very little Fe manifested in either clips. She was doing very little in the area of emotional dynamics with others. The most I could indicate is when she was trying to get the beachgoers attention whilst dancing around them which I would probably attribute to Se anyway. If she is Fe ego I would say SEI.... but even that seems really unlikely. Either way there wasn't a lot to go off to diagnose a type.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not saying she "shows" this particular attitude but that she is seeking it, as hidden agenda is what is requested or sought.
    Well okay, that's fine. Maybe a person in conversation brings up a topic that serves as a cue for someone strong in that area to fill in. And if you already have an idea of that person's type, you might then say that it's an example of HA-seeking behavior.

But in a case like this, how can you tell that she's seeking (not displaying in an ego-block way) Ne?

And how can you tell she's seeking it in an HA-seeking way, and not in a dual-function-seeking way?

(...And without already having determined what the person's type is to start with...)

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Well okay, that's fine. Maybe a person in conversation brings up a topic that serves as a cue for someone strong in that area to fill in. And if you already have an idea of that person's type, you might then say that it's an example of HA-seeking behavior.

But in a case like this, how can you tell that she's seeking (not displaying in an ego-block way) Ne?

And how can you tell she's seeking it in an HA-seeking way, and not in a dual-function-seeking way?

(...And without already having determined what the person's type is to start with...)
    I simply mentally add up what she is saying and how she is behaving, then try to summarize that and extract the overall aim, and then proceed to compare that to what is known about HA functions. I would have to write down the dialogue from the videos then analyze them piece by piece to show the Ne, which I'm way too lazy to do.

How can I tell it's HA: HA is expressed with greater frequency than DS, since HA is interwoven with creative, which people express quite readily. So what I see is people easily 'flipping' their creative and their mobilizing functions around. In comparison expressions of DS information tend to be all-or-nothing, black-n-white sort of intense sporadic shrieks rather than the smooth interplay that goes on between creative and mobilizing. There is different quality to the information that is expressed via DS.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't find hard at all to sympathize with an ExFp typing... IF she was alpha it would certainly be ISFp > ESFj, but i don't quite get the right vibes.

is ENFp entirely out of the question?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sumer1an View Post
    I see very little Fe manifested in either clips. She was doing very little in the area of emotional dynamics with others. The most I could indicate is when she was trying to get the beachgoers attention whilst dancing around them which I would probably attribute to Se anyway.
    Yeah, that's exactly what I saw. She seems to be trying to get people to do things, to notice her, etc. The others see Fe, I'm not sure why. Maybe it's the facial expressions...she's good with her face to communicate the tone of things. That was one reason I considered Beta NF as a possibility.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    i don't find hard at all to sympathize with an ExFp typing... IF she was alpha it would certainly be ISFp > ESFj, but i don't quite get the right vibes.

is ENFp entirely out of the question?
    ENFp seems a possibility. Her quickness and unusual ideas of what she wants to do might come from Ne. Her driven-ness and high level of energy are what suggested SEE over IEE to me.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

She sure as hell isn't an SEE I've got her as SEI of some sort...

I used to play the violin, but I didn't run around the mountains and bend over a lot while doing so...
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can I tell it's HA: HA is expressed with greater frequency than DS, since HA is interwoven with creative, which people express quite readily. So what I see is people easily 'flipping' their creative and their mobilizing functions around. In comparison expressions of DS information tend to be all-or-nothing, black-n-white sort of intense sporadic shrieks rather than the smooth interplay that goes on between creative and mobilizing. There is different quality to the information that is expressed via DS.
    Well I appreciate your trying to explain it. It seems that to really understand your process, I would have to be you. But that's okay...people have highly personal ways that they use to type people, and they make perfect sense to them...only they contradict other people's results (or rather, cluster in the formation of different "schools").

I was thinking also...being freedom seeking could perhaps be interpreted as Ni-seeking. It depends on how one defines Ni and Ne though.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think she is a composer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason I think SEE is plausible is simply because its probably one of the most diverse types I have seen. I have seen SEEs that are extremely quiet and reserved, ones that are super conservative, and ones that are really crazy. I dont see how she is necessarily out of the scope of SEE. Functionally to me she seems EP and she seems to be using Se. But if she really isnt SEE which seems to be the consensus then I say IEE. Because she really isn't similar to any ESE I have ever met. Plus she didnt do anything that directly pissed me off or made me vicariously embarrassed.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    ESE wouldn't surprise me; reminds me of Sarah Palin a bit.
    Yaep, I got the same impression.
    This is kinda Socionics basics, you could say.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sumer1an View Post
    The reason I think SEE is plausible is simply because its probably one of the most diverse types I have seen.
    Hey, I'm responding just to pick a fight with you.

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    Yes yes, very socionically basically. I concur.

Hey Ashton, what happened with your "socionics doesn't exist" gobshite theory. I think you're projecting mate, you spilled your milkshake ?
    Last edited by Absurd; 09-06-2011 at 07:03 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    Basic except that there's disagreement about Sarah Palin's type too. Rick types her as SEE (http://www.socionics.us/wikisocion/U...s_People.shtml). And on Russian socionics sites I've even seen her as types that aren't even ESF-.

Of course even if they're the same type, it's hard to compare a composer of pleasant music with an "ends justifies the means" Republican who will distort the truth in any way possible just to get elected.

In a way, though, this discussion is just a proxy for the flip side of the age-old INTp vs. INTj debate...e.g., which one appears more as an "irrational"/spontaneous type, and whether such behaviors are more due to rational/irrational or Ni/Se vs. Ne/Si.

Incidentally, here's a clip that may give a better idea of what she's like when not acting in a video (particularly ironic since we're projecting all of these type issues on this person we don't even know, just like what the video's all about):

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that's one way to prevent yourself from learning anything new...just shut your ears. I'm not saying that she couldn't possibly be alpha-SF, but I think there were some interesting and relevant points in my post, as well as the additional video.