Thread: The "You're Mistyped, Gul!" thread!

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The "You're Mistyped, Gul!" thread!

Think I'm mistyped? Deeply convinced that, despite any indication that this belief is sound, my latest thread is somehow a vindication of my MANIFESTLY ERRONEOUS and PATENTLY UNTENABLE self-typing?

Post here with your grievances! I more than likely won't read your post, but at least you have an appropriate forum that isn't a completely unrelated thread.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, just forward thinking. It's a neat solution for the problem of my wanting to make theory threads and people who want to challenge my self-typing.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, i mad.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey i know let's pay attention to gulanzon hello gulanzon how are you gulanzon how's your new thread working out gulanzon

TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w9 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cat King Cole View Post
    No, i mad.
    y u mad tho?

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sheesh, considering a thread about Gul, started by tcaud, was shut down this morning, I just figured this was a thread Gul started to help bypass crap like tcaud's thread attempt. Trying to contain it all in one place rather than having others put it all over the forum.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    u scared?
    lol

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Explain a time when you consciously and deliberately tried to make another person's life more fun.

Within the last week.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    u scared?
    Nerd alert at :57. Peed his pants like a little fuffy dog.

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Explain a time when you consciously and deliberately tried to make another person's life more fun.

Within the last week.
    I try get keep my LII friends in the social loop any time we get the opportunity. I get Feltusk into Google+ hangouts whenever he's online (which is multiple times a week); and I keep planning to get another friend out and about (and drunk), but we fall out of touch too frequently for these plans to materialize. I pretty comfortably put on shows for them too, which is great fun for me, them, and hopefully everyone else around (had more success with entertaining the masses in this manner in high school).

This benefits me because I typically neglect to socialize anywhere other than the internet, and my crazy suit is turning into moth food, which is just no fun.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YOU'RE MISTYPED, GUL

just kidding
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, Reuben, whatever was I thinking with that ridiculous ESE typing
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've met people in the past that would retroactively type ESFj and behaved a lot like you.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who the hell is Gul?
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    Who the hell is Gul?
    Cat King Cole.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Analyst Trevor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    Who the hell is Gul?
    Cat King Cole.
    I know, I was just being sarcastic.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Follow The Noble Eightfold Path

The followers of buddha faced a similar question when they were searching for their types. During a meeting of his follwers, one man asked of Buddha the folowoing question,

"Oh shiny and Buddha in all your wisdom, am I mistyped, there are sixteen of these types you see, and it's hard to know whether I am the one which am think that I am"

The Buddha in all his wisdom paused for a moment, looked the man in the eye and replied as follows:

"Dave, relax, don't fret, I've got this thing called the Noble Eightfold Path, sixteen divided by eight is two you see and two is much easier to work from than sixteen..."

Dave listened intently and after the Buddha stopped speaking responded;

"Thank you for your words of wisdom oh wise Buddha, but I don't really get what you're talking about?"

The Buddha whispered an explanation in Dave's ear, gestured to his congregation that they remain where they are, before departing on foot towards the setting sun.

After they had lost sight of the wise Buddha, an eager companion of Dave, asked him what was whispered to him.

"I dunno, some bullshit"

At which point he found enlightenment.
    IEE-Ne

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I originally thought 'Gul' was slang for 'Girl.' Sort of 'You is mistyped, girl.' (I realize you're not a girl - although your avatar always makes me see you as a girl.) That's what I thought it meant. I think you is typed correctly, girl.

However, this thread will be around for future reference when needed.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by somavision View Post
    The followers of buddha faced a similar question when they were searching for their types.[...]
    Best post ever.

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    Most of those descriptions are vague, yet you don't seem to fit the one very well so I wonder why you're typing ESE. If I were you, I'd look around for a better set of descriptions to reference, maybe one that forces more people to question their knowledge of your typing.
    >knowledge of my typing

Implying people's opinions are facts. If they were factual I'd have a consistent typing pinned on me.

Let's take a stock-take, shall we? Vocal minority effect aside, I'm variously typed as an SEI, ESE, IEE, and have been typed as LII. That's a pretty damn huge spread, and there's a consistent pattern of people taking whatever type I was at the time and running with it (esp. with the ESE, LII, and ILE typings).

This is a pretty common cognitive bias. You know the old saying that you can't change first impressions? Yeah. I'd take a critical look at your own thought processes if you don't believe me.

I've also failed to hear any compelling arguments against any of my own terms. Intraquadra relations put me clearly as an SF, both by my own reckoning, and by the opinions of Alpha NTs on these forums and elsewhere (trevor, feltusk, misterni).

If you don't actually have any way of addressing my arguments, I would advise against wasting my time and distracting thread discussion with your pointless challenges.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's take a stock-take, shall we? Vocal minority effect aside, I'm variously typed as an SEI, ESE, IEE, and have been typed as LII. That's a pretty damn huge spread, and there's a consistent pattern of people taking whatever type I was at the time and running with it (esp. with the ESE, LII, and ILE typings).
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...SenhseXc#gid=0
    According to the spreadsheet, out of the 18 people who have given you specific typings (things like Alpha, ENXp don't count), 10 people have you typed as ENTp. 55.55% is a majority where I come from.

EDIT: now in pie chart form
    Last edited by Galen; 09-08-2011 at 06:54 AM. Reason: data, charts, etc

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trust your activity partner Gul, you're ILE, nothing else makes sense.

Wait what
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can activate me any time, o bby
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...SenhseXc#gid=0
    According to the spreadsheet, out of the 18 people who have given you specific typings (things like Alpha, ENXp don't count), 10 people have you typed as ENTp. 55.55% is a majority where I come from.

EDIT: now in pie chart form
    Well, Mr. Galen, you claimed appeal to consensus as a logical fallacy against such a notion in this other thread - http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...6&postcount=30.

And even though it can be irrefutably argued that everything we do implies logical fallacies, you decided to make this an official one and now that makes you a hypocrite. You know, fyi, cause it's only fair. ;P

And let's call this karma; it seems fitting.

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, being a hypocrite doesn't make him wrong. What makes him wrong is not adjusting for the fact that some of those entries maybe be from people who have a strong enough opinion on my type to want to voice it.

Community polls are largely meaningless for this reason.

EDIT

They're also meaningless because one's type is not predicated on others' opinions. This is a red herring argument

But I seriously suspect Galen isn't even trying because he knows I'm ignoring him indefinitely. I certainly hope so, because that post is just embarrassing
    Last edited by Cat King Cole; 09-16-2011 at 08:12 AM.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since you cited your off-the-cuff opinion of popular opinion it's entirely appropriate for Galen to tabulate community sentiment from a publicly available source, answering like with like. The red herring is yours for suggesting he's conflating opinion with fact, and more so for that appeal to mockery tacked on the end.

This thread's name and purpose are incongruous given your inability to adhere to standards you demand of others, especially in light of the most recent of your frequent type switcheroos. Spin yourself how you may, I regard you as a glib sophist and an ILE.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Magna View Post
    Well, Mr. Galen, you claimed appeal to consensus as a logical fallacy against such a notion in this other thread - http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...6&postcount=30.

And even though it can be irrefutably argued that everything we do implies logical fallacies, you decided to make this an official one and now that makes you a hypocrite. You know, fyi, cause it's only fair. ;P

And let's call this karma; it seems fitting.
    Au contraire, person I don't know. I'm not using the consensus as evidence that he is ENTp, I'm using it to demonstrate Gulanzon's distortion of information about himself. Nice try though, been a pleasure meeting you.

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be an appeal to mockery if I were actually attempting to undermine Galen's argument by saying it embarrassing, rather than just saying it was embarrassing.

You're jumping to too many conclusions. If you must know why it's because Galen's basically a cool guy but he can't get this chip off his shoulder about me, and runs around making seemingly ridiculous argument after ridiculous argument.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be an appeal to mockery if I were actually attempting to undermine Galen's argument by saying it embarrassing, rather than just saying it was embarrassing.

You're jumping to too many conclusions. If you must know why it's because Galen's basically a cool guy but he can't get this chip off his shoulder about me, and runs around making seemingly ridiculous argument after ridiculous argument.
    How does it feel to be an ESFj, Mr. Self-Expert?

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also,

You're like niffweed in that regard. It's interesting. Also interesting is that people battletype me away from their neighbouring Quadras. Even hkkmr, an Alpha, has done this.

Opinions can be useful, but there's so much to adjust for.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can you possibly respond to posts you aren't reading? I was wholly unaware that you were psychic.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I'm not casting aspersions on anyone, I'm merely piggybacking on Magna's attempt at public shaming by saying 'lololo, u r so dum n hipokrissy!" Nor am I talking about the value of opinion except when I'm speaking against the value of opinion, at which point I devalue the opinion of opinion except when, in my opinion, that opinion can be swayed to my benefit. And now I'll complain of battletyping in my typing thread where I insist all challenges to my typing take place. *fart in hand, inhale, wonder where that smell is coming from*"

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh right, you're trolling. Good show

I'm not even going to pretend to have not been trolled.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh right, you're trolling. Good show

I'm not even going to pretend to have not been trolled.
    No, I'm assessing the pattern of your obfuscatory and blame-shifting behavior which I've observed for most of a year, but if you'd rather ignore what I'm saying and cock back the ban-hammer then feel free to take that easy way out.

All told I think your real issue has nothing to do with your type (esp. as you can't pick one, or won't, since remaining irresolute provides you with a pretext to create one thread after another to garner attention and wax endlessly on your favorite subject, i.e. you; funny how yet another in that series has just appeared), and it actually lies with whatever you feel when people think you're wrong. Chew on that.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)