Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Type me!

  1. #1

    Default Type me!

    1
    Last edited by GrimtheThird; 02-07-2012 at 11:12 PM.

  2. #2
    silke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Posts
    3,784
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    irrational type, I would say Ni base is more likely than Si base and Ni-IEI is more likely than Ni-ILI

    Quote Originally Posted by GrimtheThird View Post
    ... if any more information is needed, simply ask.
    this is not type related, I'm just curious which stacking do you think you are? link

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    irrational type, I would say Ni base is more likely than Si base and Ni-IEI is more likely than Ni-ILI

    Quote Originally Posted by GrimtheThird View Post
    ... if any more information is needed, simply ask.
    this is not type related, I'm just curious which stacking do you think you are? link
    SP/SX looks like the closest fit.

  4. #4

    Default

    2
    Last edited by GrimtheThird; 02-07-2012 at 11:13 PM.

  5. #5
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi, have I helped you figure out your type before?

    Anyway, I'll work on your post. I've made a note of it.

  6. #6
    silke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Posts
    3,784
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrimtheThird View Post
    ... the types I was considering were LII and ILI. It's a bit surprising to have received IEI and SEI(from my other thread) as responses regarding my type. I just don't see as something that I pay a lot of attention to ...

    Regarding the enneagram, i'd say I was a 5w6, SP/SX. Is that what you were expecting?
    you seem to prefer synthetic thinking to analytical which indicates dynamic>static (Pi>Ji), why people keep suggesting IP temperament types for you - would you say that you prefer to do an in depth analysis of a narrow subject area? or would you rather interconnect information and go off on random tangents to understand the subject in full?

    take a look at the Reinin dichotomies here http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...in_dichotomies especially merry/serious, judicious/decisive, process/result, static/dynamic, asking/declaring and tell which ones apply to you

    self-preservation variant was exactly what I expected since you mentioned your health - seems like it is common for sp's to cover health-related topics (most people here associate health with Si, however)

  7. #7
    Marie84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    2,359
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Could you be LII?
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

  8. #8
    Memory of Tomorrow Reuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oh baby, baby, baby
    TIM
    No idea
    Posts
    1,928
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Grim

    Nice to meet you!

    I would say considering LII/ILI are very good choices. If I would advise you, I would say to ignore anything else that comes from other directions (e.g. IEI/SEI), but do read their justifications to see where they are coming from so that you can understand how to argue with substantiation in future.

    Ethics and Sensing are definitely in your superego block from what I garner.

    Also, definitely introverted. Let me ask you a question: what is your crowd of people? A small group who enjoy inside-jokes, witticisms, and tongue-in-cheek commentary, or a larger group who prefer free-flow jokes, spontaneous laughter, and general high-ness?

    This is make or break in the decision between LII/ILI.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."


    Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Posts
    449
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    My health has always been something i've been meaning to get to, as in eating right, or taking care of myself. I have been successful in the past with these things, but I also neglect paying attention for long periods of time, leading to dismal results which I then strive to amend by pursuing a more healthy way of life. I pay attention to my health in other ways, avoiding things that would affect it negatively, and doing things that would hopefully affect it positively,ie, taking supplements. I enjoy excercise and sports, but mostly those which i can do alone, or with people i know.
    Personnaly I take this for Si HA.

    You need perhaps to try to concentrate on Ni vs Ne ? I personnaly think you are Ne, but obviously only you can respond.
    Imo you are LII or EII.

    (objectively I dont see where is Ni leading into your post, and am really bored that ppl seem to see Ni everywhere)
    Last edited by noid; 09-05-2011 at 11:10 AM.
    "The final delusion is the belief that one has lost all delusion."

    -- Maurice Chapelain

  10. #10
    Memory of Tomorrow Reuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oh baby, baby, baby
    TIM
    No idea
    Posts
    1,928
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^Agreed with above. This is how i regulate my health as well, ILE-Ti here.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."


    Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Moons of Uranus
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    629
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There is alot of in that post.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimtheThird View Post
    I often feel a lack of knowledge, and i'm not always sure of what I think about certain things, or what exactly I know. I hesitate coming to a solid conclusion, as it feels as if another piece of information could change whatever conclusion i'd come to. I also come to a conclusion, but later on, reconsider it, rebuilding what lead me to arrive at that conclusion.
    I can relate to some of what you wrote but I think you're a valuer.

    Quote Originally Posted by GrimtheThird View Post
    I tend to be self-conscious in how I come across to others, in appearance as well as personally.

    My health has always been something i've been meaning to get to, as in eating right, or taking care of myself. I have been successful in the past with these things, but I also neglect paying attention for long periods of time, leading to dismal results which I then strive to amend by pursuing a more healthy way of life. I pay attention to my health in other ways, avoiding things that would affect it negatively, and doing things that would hopefully affect it positively,ie, taking supplements. I enjoy excercise and sports, but mostly those which i can do alone, or with people i know.
    role maybe?

    My best guess would be INTp.

  12. #12
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    The title to this thread is "Type Me!" which is a declaring statement
    ILI makes sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by GrimtheThird View Post
    Hey there 16types. I've made a thread here before, asking for advice on my type, but it slowly withered and died without any real conclusion.
    From this introduction, I feel as though you're a process type.
    ILE -
    SEI
    EIE -
    LSI - no because you don't take much action to accomplish goals
    SEE - has a bit of what you're saying with disregarding physical sensations
    ILI - possible
    LSE - way too focused on productivity and accomplishing their goals
    EII - a very judging type, but I guess not very possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by GrimtheThird View Post
    The description of myself that was given before was quite vague, and i'm not a regular poster, though I do lurk. So here, i'll try again. This time, I have a better idea of what socionics consists of, but i'll try to stick to a more general description, as I don't want to generate a biased conclusion.
    This says to me, "here, let's try this again because I didn't get the results I wanted the other time, but let me try another idea/way." Is this correct? If this is correct, then it's saying that you have a goal but are manipulating the methods. I am not sure if by Gulenko's model, this would be a Tactical type; maybe someone can look it up.

    Quote Originally Posted by GrimtheThird View Post
    To start with, I would describe my general behaviour as observational. I don't tend to initiate contact with people in most cases, and I try to avoid having to interact if it's not necessary. However, if it is necessary, and I can assert the mood for it, I can be somewhat sociable and friendly, though I try to hand the reins over to someone where conversation comes naturally. I'm not too good at small talk, as things that are discussed seem pretty obvious, but I can see where the need for small talk arises. With a group of friends that I know well, I would say i'm pretty loose in comparison. Overall though, i'm a pretty private person, and I don't really like to share too much about myself.
    Any type can be observational and no specific type is any better at initiating contact; I've observed SLI do this better than any Extravert and ILE be aggressive in their attempt to gain clients for their business; I think motivation, need, necessity, desire, and goal of interaction propels this desire/action. What I'm saying is that this isn't something that's exclusive to E or I but what is important is how you receive the person once they try to interact with you.
    I'll try to pose a decent question for how you feel when a stranger tries to open up to you and how do you feel about the other person? Do you fear them, suspect their purpose/intent? Are you cold to them at first, trying to exact their purpose towards this action?
    When you talk to people, do you talk a lot?

    Quote Originally Posted by GrimtheThird View Post
    In terms of free time, I spend a lot of it browsing the internet, researching topics of interest(Socionics for the past few months), playing videos games(lately, Civilization V, HoN, and DOTA for years before that, though I don't really play much else) and reading books of various kinds(mostly fantasy, lately i've been picking up books on mathematics, thinking in systems). My usual approach when i've found an interesting topic is to find as much as I can about it, pursuing books about the topic at hand. When determining a book to read, I often look to top ten lists, or some kind of recommendation. I also tend to spend my time just thinking, taking an ideas and just trying to flesh them out or following them to see where they lead. I guess I have pretty typical interests for a 20 something that grew up with the internet. I like gadgets, and the various hacking and modding scenes behind them, and I always find it interesting how they are able to break the security and run what they want to.
    what is this?

    Quote Originally Posted by GrimtheThird View Post
    I tend to be self-conscious in how I come across to others, in appearance as well as personally.
    how so? Please explain more.



    Quote Originally Posted by GrimtheThird View Post
    My health has always been something i've been meaning to get to, as in eating right, or taking care of myself. I have been successful in the past with these things, but I also neglect paying attention for long periods of time, leading to dismal results which I then strive to amend by pursuing a more healthy way of life.
    Does this mean that you tend to gain weight and ignore your body/physical self and then realize that you need to be proactive and eat right for the purposes of losing weight and staying healthy?


    Quote Originally Posted by GrimtheThird View Post
    I pay attention to my health in other ways, avoiding things that would affect it negatively, and doing things that would hopefully affect it positively,ie, taking supplements. I enjoy excercise and sports, but mostly those which i can do alone, or with people i know.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimtheThird View Post
    I like having a lot of free time, in order to think and digest whatever topic i'm seeking to comprehend at the time. This sometimes leads to procrastinating, putting things off until the last minute and rushing to get through whatever I have to do. I tend to feel like I lack time. I'd much rather pursue my interests, than have a list of goals that must be accomplished.
    It doesn't seem like you have Ni as a ego function. May be that you even ignore Ni.

    Quote Originally Posted by GrimtheThird View Post
    I do have vague notions of goals that I would like to pursue, but I don't have any kind of specific timeframe for their implementation. Ultimately, I enjoy having considerable amounts of free time, to do with as I please, even if it doesn't lead to any tangible result. On the other hand, I don't enjoy spending too much time on one thing, accomplishing nothing. When I start something new usually depends on my mood.
    So, how often do you start something new?

    Quote Originally Posted by GrimtheThird View Post
    I often feel a lack of knowledge, and i'm not always sure of what I think about certain things, or what exactly I know. I hesitate coming to a solid conclusion, as it feels as if another piece of information could change whatever conclusion i'd come to. I also come to a conclusion, but later on, reconsider it, rebuilding what lead me to arrive at that conclusion.
    Is this something learned? Judging types, usually make conclusions rather confidently because they judge things.

    Quote Originally Posted by GrimtheThird View Post
    Well, hopefully this gives an idea of a type, if any more information is needed, simply ask.
    Statement of conclusion. I conclude a process type.

    Do you see unfolding of processes, like career choices and such?
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 09-05-2011 at 05:11 PM.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    ...would you say that you prefer to do an in depth analysis of a narrow subject area? or would you rather interconnect information and go off on random tangents to understand the subject in full?
    I find this a bit tough to answer, but I tend towards trying to analyze deeply, interconnecting and relating information comes later.

    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    take a look at the Reinin dichotomies here http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...in_dichotomies especially merry/serious, judicious/decisive, process/result, static/dynamic, asking/declaring and tell which ones apply to you
    I'm not too sure on a few of the dichotomies, but the ones that seem closest are:
    Merry, Judicious, Asking.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    Also, definitely introverted. Let me ask you a question: what is your crowd of people? A small group who enjoy inside-jokes, witticisms, and tongue-in-cheek commentary, or a larger group who prefer free-flow jokes, spontaneous laughter, and general high-ness?
    The former group definitely seems attractive, however, the latter group seems interesting as well. I understand this to be the difference between Alpha and Gamma, but the second group in your post doesn't seem as fleshed out as the first.


    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    This says to me, "here, let's try this again because I didn't get the results I wanted the other time, but let me try another idea/way." Is this correct? If this is correct, then it's saying that you have a goal but are manipulating the methods.
    It seems correct, in that I didn't really get a substantiated conclusion in the last thread, so here I am, making another attempt at it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I'll try to pose a decent question for how you feel when a stranger tries to open up to you and how do you feel about the other person? Do you fear them, suspect their purpose/intent? Are you cold to them at first, trying to exact their purpose towards this action?
    When you talk to people, do you talk a lot?
    When a stranger opens up to me, i'd be polite and accommodating, but there would be a distance. I guess i'd be suspicious, not really making any hard statements. Though I would be polite, I would probably come across as cold. When speaking to people, I don't talk very much at all. When first getting to know me(in a work situation), one of the comments i've received is how quiet I am.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    how so? Please explain more.
    I attempt to come across positively, not taking actions that would generate negative attention.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Does this mean that you tend to gain weight and ignore your body/physical self and then realize that you need to be proactive and eat right for the purposes of losing weight and staying healthy?
    Not only weight-wise, but also getting tired easily from slightly strenuous physical activity. There's a level of fitness that I like to maintain, but I neglect it for a while, and then I have to build back up to it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    So, how often do you start something new?
    It's hard not to give a pretty vague answer here, as in, not as often as i'd like. I get pretty stuck in established routines, but after a few days(maybe a week or two), I try to add variety and change things.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Do you see unfolding of processes, like career choices and such?
    Not particularly.

  14. #14
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nevermind...

    My final typing of you is still SLI.

    You attempt at organizing things but they don't stay organized if your'e in charge means that that would be something of a suggestive function; you would suggest that to an IEE who will upkeep that order.

    " Lying in bed and thinking is a common past time of mine. I find these moments to hold the clearest thoughts for me, as I let my mind wander. I have trouble sleeping at night if i'm not completely exhausted because of this. However, these thoughts are transient in nature, and I would awaken the next morning not remembering the mental forays of the previous night."

    This is a previous post of yours and this tells me that you'r doing Si time.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 09-06-2011 at 05:06 AM.

  15. #15

    Default

    3
    Last edited by GrimtheThird; 02-07-2012 at 11:13 PM.

  16. #16
    silke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Posts
    3,784
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrimtheThird View Post
    I find this a bit tough to answer, but I tend towards trying to analyze deeply, interconnecting and relating information comes later.

    I'm not too sure on a few of the dichotomies, but the ones that seem closest are:
    Merry, Judicious, Asking.
    This corresponds to LII the most. Are there any reasons for which you would doubt LII typing?
    If you read the temperament and the quadra descriptions on Wikisocion does IJ and Alpha make a good fit?

  17. #17

    Default

    4
    Last edited by GrimtheThird; 02-07-2012 at 11:13 PM.

  18. #18
    COOL AND MANLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    TIM
    Your daul
    Posts
    764
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Obvious LII. Honestly, if I could explain myself as clearly as you did I wouldn't think twice about my type. I could have swore you read the wiki when you written your opening post because some of it seems to be coming from the LII description word to word.

    Example:

    While he tends to have very specific ideas about his general life principles and goals, he is basically indifferent as to their specific timeframe and implementation.
    I do have vague notions of goals that I would like to pursue, but I don't have any kind of specific timeframe for their implementation

  19. #19

    Default

    Bumping this to field more responses.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrimtheThird View Post
    Bumping this to field more responses.
    I need a photo of your neck and back of the head.

    This way I can confim LSE, SLI, SEE and SEI for you.

  21. #21
    Sam Rockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Your veins.
    TIM
    INFp, e5
    Posts
    100
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ISFp! (Seriously.)

  22. #22

    Default

    5
    Last edited by GrimtheThird; 02-07-2012 at 11:13 PM.

  23. #23
    EffyCold The Ineffable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wallachia
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    2,195
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think you are an NT Introvert, with ILE as another possibility. I don't really know what to say about Ti and Te or Ni and Ne at this point, but the way you reason make me slightly incline towards Ti, because you seem more explicative ("because", "as", "implies", "causes") rather than informative (facts, data). Maybe this could give me a hint: could you please provide an explanation by what do you mean by "sure" of something or "really understand"?:
    - how would you define knowledge. For instance whether often you reach conclusions that can be the only explanations (necessary), or rather the opposite, everything is felt as a temporary understanding that fits best of simply fits everything known, but is not necessary. You may come up with something else to do this, not necessarily those criteria I mentioned.
    - examples
    - how far would you go with a confident understanding in something, both in terms of conviction and in terms of important applications.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.
     

    The16types.info Scientific Model

  24. #24
    EffyCold The Ineffable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wallachia
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    2,195
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In my experience, LIIs are often attracted by paradoxes like a magnet. ILIs cope very well with paradoxes and are more relaxed about it, either "there are a lot of things we may not know" or relativistic kind of attitudes, but LIIs - again, IME - can become very assertive and isolate themselves in order to (at least to try to) solve them. ILEs also, like ILIs, cope much better with these things, they are generally hasty to make a big picture and convinced somewhere in the future the answer will pop-out in the proper context.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.
     

    The16types.info Scientific Model

  25. #25

    Default

    6
    Last edited by GrimtheThird; 02-07-2012 at 11:14 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •