0 Thread(s)

Ni-ILI?
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    ILI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Always seemed Beta Rational to me. LSI
    Last edited by Nymeria; 04-06-2015 at 10:20 AM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ILI - probably Ni subtype

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I only watched *that* movie by him ...but the interview confirms my impression >> Gamma NT film

...by chance I was actually convinced to go watch it by an ILI-Ni I was friends with at that time.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE SLE SLE SLE SLE

TIM
    ILI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought a lot of his movies are actually Fe. Commentary on Society. Social Network, Gone Girl (marriage), Fight Club.

And I really always get Se from him. Hands on experience, learning by doing and getting shit done [1]. His attitude on work is in line with that. He is not messing around, he wants things to be a exact way and he will flesh it out himself [2]. A lot of IJ work ethic I see there, he is shaping his environment. No Se suggestive. He doesn't put his ideas out like an Ni dom and acts favorably when Se fleshes it out. He does it himself (Se creative?). Edit: He also looks at pictures and looks for certain qualities in actors, when casting somebody for a role.***

There was this interview where Ben Affleck said, that he once messed around with a lense or sth. and David came back and was like wtf? the picture is not correct (extreme focus on sensory details). There was also this interview where he talked about how he liked this little moments in Social Network when the actors moved around, like little moments when they played with stuff and it was very fluid (throwing around things etc.).

[1]
    -- Directing ain't about drawing a neat little picture and showing it to the cameraman. I didn't want to go to film school. I didn't know what the point was. The fact is, you don't know what directing is until the sun is setting and you've got to get five shots and you're only going to get two.

-- [on his preference for unconventional characters] I don't know what 'likable' is. I know people who are doting parents, who give to charity, drive Priuses, all those things, who are insufferable assholes... I like people who get shit done.
    [2]
    -- I don't want to tell you how to do your job, but somebody has to.
    -- My idea of professionalism is probably a lot of people's idea of obsessive.
    -- I don't think of myself as difficult. We're expected to do stuff that's awesome. That means we're going to have to push each other.
    -- You're supposed to have an idea of what it is you're trying to do, right? Aren't you being overpaid to have that? My job is to know what the fuck I want.
    When it comes to casting roles, David Fincher typically goes on the internet to look through pictures of actors to help him find the right type of actor for a role. When casting the role of Nick Dunne Fincher spotted photos of Ben Affleck and noticed a particular smile Affleck had on dozens of pictures. According to Fincher, it captured a particular emotion in a scene of Nick Dunne smiling that showed the essende of the character. Soon after, Fincher cast Ben Affleck in the role
    Yeah I also see Ni [3], but it's not that kind of Ni nebula in you head, like with Ni doms (a lot going on in their heads, movies of them are more like mind fuck, welcome to my mind, see my perception of things, very subjective, personal, sometimes hard to decipher etc.). But with his films, I can see the end product, how he worked out his idea, it's not abstract for me.

[3]
    -- People will say, "There are a million ways to shoot a scene", but I don't think so. I think there're two, maybe. And the other one is wrong. (having an internal image, inner intuitive 'lens' Ni, things should be like this - vision / not expanding his idea like Ne, not an internal sensing lens 'Si')
    And at last some stuff where I see Fe. (he values it, films are his commentary on social issues etc. but there is also some kind of resentment).

-- [on Gone Girl] Most interesting to me was the idea of our collective narcissism as it relates to coupling, or who we show to our would-be mates and who they show to us. (see 'us', he is not fleshing out his own subjective take on relationships).

-- I don't know how much movies should entertain. To me, I'm always interested in movies that scar. The thing I love about "Jaws" is the fact that I've never gone swimming in the ocean again. (affecting peeps -> Fe, not Fi -> my relation to sth., his films rarely deal with his subjective experience of relationships, you never get that, everything is like a commentary on how he sees sth. that's going on in society etc.)
    Last edited by Nymeria; 03-18-2016 at 09:38 PM. Reason: spelling, font