View Poll Results: This is

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • an acceptable explanation of the opposition model

    0 0%
  • not adequate enough for justification

    2 100.00%
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Explanation of the Opposition Model

  1. #1
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,700
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Explanation of the Opposition Model

    Explanation of the Opposition Model

    This thread will give you an explanation of how I formulated the conceptions that became the opposition model that is influenced from Jung's book: Psychological Types. Most of you would notice the dramatic exclusion of the 3rd and 4th function of socionics to a downgraded 7th and 8th. This isn't that dramatic of a change taking into account the opposition model's order is actually based on *strength* and *usage*. Carl Jung had stated that if feeling was most predominant than thinking would be the most suppressed. This fundamental also applies to sensation and intuition as well. Therefore, if the first function is feeling then the logical choice for the last choice should be thinking. Also, the weakest function must also share the same basis of introversion or extraversion as the first, since there is already a procedure for that same process. For example, if extraverted perceiving is already in usage with extraverted intuition than there would be no need for extraverted sensing to be included any part in the extraverted perceiving formula. This model also explains why the duality and the quadras work. For example, an ENFp shares the exact same 4 conscious (1 to 4) of an ISTp, which are , , , . The only difference is that the order is reversed and the simple fact that the conscious functions are identical indicates why these types are duals. This applies to the quadras as well and the delta quadra shares the conscious functions of , , , . Jung had argued that an introverted is unconsciously extraverted and vice versa. Therefore, this theory supports that statement because the unconscious functions (5 to 8) are simply the introverted or extraverted counterpart of the primary conscious functions. This would mean that an ENTj is unconsciously INTj or an ESTp is unconsciously ISTp and vice versa. It is highly probable for one individual to confuse their 8th function or 7th function to be prominent and used widely. This is only a confusion between the task and the style. For example is is possible for an ENXp to believe he/she has strong extraverted sensing where in reality they are stating that they have strong extraverted perceiving and confusing their extraverted intuition for extraverted sensing and vice versa. Most of this misinterpretation arises where an ESXp believes that they have strong intuition, since they are excellent at formulating ideas, however if the conceive of an idea it is an idea based on sensation, since EXXp's have a natural talent to improvise ideas as I recall Dmitri Lytov stating. Misinterpretation could arise when an EXTj believes their extraverted feeling is stronger when in reality it is extraversion in general and not extraverted feeling that is linked to friendliness and a gregarious demeanor.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I disagree; if Introverted Perception is strongest, than Extraverted Judgment is weakest.

    In other words, Ti and Fi, Se and Ne, etc... don't completely cancel each other out. If you have a dominant Ne type, then they will have a natural, semi-strong Se, or it is possible to develop Se. Also, if they do develop Se, then that does not mean that their Ne gets weaker. So, I disagree with Jung as well.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  3. #3
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,700
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    I disagree; if Introverted Perception is strongest, than Extraverted Judgment is weakest.
    EDIT: I believe that if introverted perception uses the function then that would mean that is suppressed the most in order to enable reigning supremacy. That would mean that if one form of introverted perception would remain the strongest and the other form would remain the weakest. I believe we should study into this matter further to discover the truth.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    In other words, Ti and Fi, Se and Ne, etc... don't completely cancel each other out. If you have a dominant Ne type, then they will have a natural, semi-strong Se, or it is possible to develop Se. Also, if they do develop Se, then that does not mean that their Ne gets weaker. So, I disagree with Jung as well.
    I side with Jung concerning that issue and you side with socionics. However, the only way to prove which view is correct is through empirical experiments and I don't believe that has been done yet. However, I believe Jung had made his conclusions via empirical experiments and I'm uncertain how socionics came to their conclusion.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  4. #4
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,700
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    I disagree; if Introverted Perception is strongest, than Extraverted Judgment is weakest.
    Wait a second, that doesn't make sense at all since extraverted judgement is your secondary function , therefore the weakest function for an Ni/Si dominant would have to be introverted judgement or maybe extraverted perception.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    I disagree; if Introverted Perception is strongest, than Extraverted Judgment is weakest.
    Wait a second, that doesn't make sense at all since extraverted judgement is your secondary function , therefore the weakest function for an Ni/Si dominant would have to be introverted judgement or maybe extraverted perception.
    Both and have a much greater chance of being stronger in an ISTP than .
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  6. #6
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,700
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    I disagree; if Introverted Perception is strongest, than Extraverted Judgment is weakest.
    Wait a second, that doesn't make sense at all since extraverted judgement is your secondary function , therefore the weakest function for an Ni/Si dominant would have to be introverted judgement or maybe extraverted perception.
    Both and have a much greater chance of being stronger in an ISTP than .
    This all depends on whether you categorize functions in groups or individually. If you look at an ESTj, it means that the individual has very strong extraverted judgement because of his , however the individual also has weak extraverted judgement as a result of his . Therefore, it is best to view the functions individually rather than paired together as a task. Extraverted judgement is a task and is a style meaning they are basically two different levels if you speak in this context.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  7. #7
    Mariano Rajoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,120
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    Carl Jung had stated that if feeling was most predominant than thinking would be the most suppressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky
    Also, if they do develop Se, then that does not mean that their Ne gets weaker. So, I disagree with Jung as well.
    the function is suppressed, not cancelled. it follows that the suprression orders the functions. you do not disagree with Jung, as he does not say the Ne gets weaker. the most probable explanation is that all the functions get stronger. if i develop my Se, as an LII, my Ti develops as well. lets not forget that the psyche isn't really "differentiated".

    will comment on model O in a bit.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •