I remember hearing a famous musician say that making and playing music was her method of therapy.
But I had to wonder, if one were to express a feeling (i.e. rage, sorrow) through whatever form of art - would it feed the emotion and eventually make it bigger or would repressing it make it bigger?
Expressing emotion = increase in volume and intensity:
1. A serial killer murders someone in the lust of murderous intent. Can't stop fo' the rush.
2. An addictive personality disorder (drug [psychological] addicts, sex addicts)
Expressing emotion = decrease in volume and intensity:
1. Revenge (maybe - I don't know, do you?)
2. Lust (for guys)
3. Musicians who change genres all the fuckin' time. Assholes.
Suppressing emotion = increase:
1. Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, Seung-Hui Cho
Suppressing emotion = decrease: