Thread: Introverted Thinking

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Introverted Thinking

Do others often have the experience of reading something and thinking "Well, I've never thought of this before, but it seems self-evident?" I've been reading C. S. Lewis's "Mere Christianity," and I'm continuously experiencing this thought. I can't help but think what he says about Moral Law is really just something that simply "makes sense." Could this be tied to Introverted Thinking, this egotistical feeling of things being "self-evident?" Am I the only person out there who thinks that Lewis could be Alpha NT, or are most convinced that he's INTp?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it's self-evident to you, but that doesn't mean that Lewis thinks the same way.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not obvious as in "Oh, everyone should know that already," but more like "Hey, yeah, that really makes sense. Can't believe I never thought of that before" or "That's really in line with things that I've thought before." Maybe not connected to functions at all, but just a thought. Seemed connected to introversion in my mind, and Ti made more sense than anything else.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ti

This is very interesting from the point of different parts of conscious.

Your functons is your abilities. If you read Lewis (I have not read it) or anything else and suddenly you feel that it makes sense for you - means that you have got recieptors/fucntions/abilities to process this information and feel pleasure of doing it. If I read a book in math - nothing is self-evident and no pleasure either.

It can be also described as if information was already somewhere in your sub/un conscious but was not able for conscious realizaton until you have read this and this.

It seems as if information is coded in words, symbols, numbers, patterns of meaning and we respond better to some of the messages than the others. If we would know your type for sure w could try to analyse further.

Written word can be considered as a part of collective conscious/created knowldege -which came to "life" or became a part of CC by Lewis accesing collective unconscious through his individual subconscous - become his individual conscous which he is sharing with you- something like that. When you read it - you feel the same process in a mirror : CC -Lewis's individual conscious -- your subcounscous -your individual conscious. It may be like an informatinal path from collective conscous/uncoscous through subcoscious int individual conscious.

The problem is that we can not fully trust messages from subconscious because they are not clear cut - we are not prophets. Did you read about Muhammed - thread which I posted under the colour of your soul? Many people have some sort of psychic abilities. But I do agree - it is a pleasure to read something which makes sense - like drinking water in a hot day. You said it is related to Ti. In model B it is related to internal collection of info: CC about CU (Christianity -moral code). It results in extranl producing of individual conscous - "you know" and from now on "you are responsible" for the knowledge you gained.

Sorry if it sounds complicated - it is not overly clear to myself either - just a feel.
    School of Associative socionics: http://socionics4you.com/