Thread: fluid / crystallized intelligence

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default fluid / crystallized intelligence

While Ive inderstand that convergent/divergent thinking being the same as reinin dichotomie positivist & negativist, I cant figure what the hell about fluid and crystallized intelligence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluid_a...d_intelligence

P/J ?
    dynamic/static ?
    some peculiar function placed in ego ?
    Dont appear in socionic (at least in a direct way) ?
    "The final delusion is the belief that one has lost all delusion."

-- Maurice Chapelain

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noid View Post
    While Ive inderstand that convergent/divergent thinking being the same as reinin dichotomie positivist & negativist, I cant figure what the hell about fluid and crystallized intelligence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluid_a...d_intelligence

P/J ?
    dynamic/static ?
    some peculiar function placed in ego ?
    Dont appear in socionic (at least in a direct way) ?
    Really interesting.

Carefree and Farsighted? Although the link states that fluid intelligence is linked to autism, which I would have always associated (rightly or wrongly) in LII's and ILI's, which would both be Crystalised thinkers.

It may be just that my assumptions on the autism connection was wrong. Or that maybe that there is no exact socionic dichotomy.
    IEE-Ne

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive too analyzed this way, but this lead to other question like wich type are more prone to autism/asperger (from what ive read (not on wiki) its not directly linked to autism, its "aperger lack crystallized intelligence" ), leading to other endless stream of question, so ive narrowed.

another interesting fact is that fluid tend to decrease age related, while some say crystallized never stop to grow or at least stay the same... I dont see this type of variation into socionic, its not sure this is really linked, or socionic lack something somewhere

We need perhaps analyze this in the same way as gulenko cognitive style, more than pure type/IM...

Carefree and Farsighted?
    just read this, really interesting, this seem to be a part of the problem solving
    "The final delusion is the belief that one has lost all delusion."

-- Maurice Chapelain