Thread: IEE and terrible headaches

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default IEE and terrible headaches

I'm very concerned about IEE and their experience of terrible headaches. If any of you know any IEE who have these and have found reasonable solutions, please post their experience with regard to this topic in this thread. Has drinking plenty of water helped this extraverted mirrors in combating this problem? Have IEE men also experienced this problem?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LOL, where did I say such a silly thing?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by You
    Delta, I'm very concerned about the poisoning of water in the process of dying cotton (releases formaldehyde into the water). As you may know about me already, I purchase recycled clothes in my very small attempt or part in playing a role in our environment's well-being (every little bit helps); now, I will stay away from purchasing dyed cotton. Children and people from usually third worlds drink this water and it's very serious.
    Headaches > Serious Water.
    Yeah, I didn't mean to say "don't drink water"; I meant to say that because cotton is most often dyed in third world sweat shops where they use unsanitary means in doing so, it leaches bad water into their drinking water. People should drink clean water, lots of it, but not a lot all at once.
    -

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

What are you babbling about now? Are there any other common human qualities that you could possibly quarantine to a particular type? Perhaps you have met or spoken with many IEE's who have had "terrible headaches," but what ungodly lapse of critical reasoning would possess you to believe that such are inherent and existent only in IEE's?

TIM
    Alpha NT?
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nil View Post
    What are you babbling about now? Are there any other common human qualities that you could possibly quarantine to a particular type? Perhaps you have met or spoken with many IEE's who have had "terrible headaches," but what ungodly lapse of critical reasoning would possess you to believe that such are inherent and existent only in IEE's?
    I thought it was a humorous parody of the ridiculous things some people believe to be type-related. If this was the intent, then the post was indeed funny. But if it was an honest query, then God help us all.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nil View Post
    Being so miserably deficient, ENFps don't have proper judgment enough to know when to eat, go to sleep, change their diaper, or exhale.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I have had horrible headaches for the past 5 months. They have just started to go away, but I felt like my head weighed twice as much at certain times. However, I assure you it is not type related as I'm aware of the cause of the headaches.
    Last edited by Raver; 08-18-2011 at 11:46 PM.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

improper diet, lack of consistency in sleep or eating patterns, stress, allergens,

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope can't say that I have a problem with HAs, actually, Maritsa. Except on occasion when, as ryu and galen said, I was stressed, overfatigued, and a mix of caffeine withdrawal and very bright sunlight. It's only happened 3-4 times in my life though. Certainly not a chronic issue though. I highly doubt it's type related as well.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Headaches > Serious Water.
    Yeah, I didn't mean to say "don't drink water"; I meant to say that because cotton is most often dyed in third world sweat shops where they use unsanitary means in doing so, it leaches bad water into their drinking water. People should drink clean water, lots of it, but not a lot all at once.
    There are IEEs in Third World countries too. Anyhow you get those sitting in a fixed position in front of PC.

Try a massage, hot shower, caffeine or aspirin and yea, don't drink water from Third World countries, you can die and get headache.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd
    ..and yea, don't drink water from Third World countries, you can die and get headache.
    And you can die and get headache precisely in that order. First die, then get a headache. Yeah, indeed so. Serious business this Third World Countries water. If something doesn't change radically we can expect even wars for water and whatnot. Yeah, indeed so. I appeal to people's common sense and humanitarian core; that their common sense and humanitarian core prevails, rather than things opposite to it.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Analyst Trevor View Post
    And you can die and get headache precisely in that order. First die, then get a headache.
    I'm surprised you didn't grow a second brain after eating sheep shit.

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Son, I am dissapoint.

IT'S NOT TYPE RELATED!
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khola View Post
    Son, I am dissapoint.

IT'S NOT TYPE RELATED!
    well played

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't care if it's type-related or not.

There are a few things that can cause headaches.

Caffeine withdrawal (headache only lasts a day or so)

Monosodium Glutamate - in foods such as Chinese food, and also in many other foods - read the labels. It can also sometimes be called 'natural flavoring' or 'hydrolyzed vegetable protein.' Not all natural flavoring is monosodium glutamate, however.

Artificial sweeteners - in many foods. Nutrasweet can cause a lot of other health problems besides headaches. For instance, it can cause some people to develop something that resembles multiple sclerosis.

Any prescription drugs, over-the-counter drugs, natural herbal drugs, or vitamin/mineral pills could be causing headaches. Did the headaches begin when you started using the drugs? Withdrawal from particular drugs can also cause headaches.

Fluorescent lights, including the (insert long string of curse words) energy-saving compact fluorescent bulbs. Don't get me started about those horrible things. They are evil incarnate. Don't ever, ever drop one and break it.

Medical problems: There are medical problems that can cause headaches, but I don't know enough about this. I'm more interested in common, ordinary things like chemicals in foods, because those are things you can troubleshoot easily yourself.

Those are just a few things off the top of my head. I'm sure I'll remember more later.
    Last edited by Nico1e; 08-19-2011 at 02:57 PM. Reason: 'people' spelled 'pepole'

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nico1e View Post
    I don't care if it's type-related or not.

There are a few things that can cause headaches.

Caffeine withdrawal (headache only lasts a day or so)

Monosodium Glutamate - in foods such as Chinese food, and also in many other foods - read the labels. It can also sometimes be called 'natural flavoring' or 'hydrolyzed vegetable protein.' Not all natural flavoring is monosodium glutamate, however.

Artificial sweeteners - in many foods. Nutrasweet can cause a lot of other health problems besides headaches. For instance, it can cause some people to develop something that resembles multiple sclerosis.

Any prescription drugs, over-the-counter drugs, natural herbal drugs, or vitamin/mineral pills could be causing headaches. Did the headaches begin when you started using the drugs? Withdrawal from particular drugs can also cause headaches.

Fluorescent lights, including the (insert long string of curse words) energy-saving compact fluorescent bulbs. Don't get me started about those horrible things. They are evil incarnate. Don't ever, ever drop one and break it.

Medical problems: There are medical problems that can cause headaches, but I don't know enough about this. I'm more interested in common, ordinary things like chemicals in foods, because those are things you can troubleshoot easily yourself.

Those are just a few things off the top of my head. I'm sure I'll remember more later.

and yes, the fluorescent lights contain mercury inside, so dont break em

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Nor eat them.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Nor eat them.
    Oh yeah, and that reminds me. Dental fillings. But not the mercury-containing ones, the plastic ones. The plastic dental fillings can cause headaches too. They contain large amounts of bisphenol-A. When I got my old metal filling replaced with a plastic one (and also got another unnecessary plastic filling in another tooth at the same time) I went out of the frying pan into the fire, and started having symptoms caused by the plastic ones, which were different from, but just as bad as, the symptoms I had from the metallic one. Headaches were one of the symptoms I experienced from the plastic fillings. Fortunately this died down a lot after a few months.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dr Nico1e has arrived!

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Dr Nico1e has arrived!
    thanks, I wish I made that much money.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEEs get headaches, SLEs have cleft palates. socionics explains everything.

tension headaches = stress/fatigue like mentioned above.
    those are the most common.
    I feel sinus pressure headaches when I'm exposed to pollen.
    ntr. at all.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    IEEs get headaches, SLEs have cleft palates. socionics explains everything.

tension headaches = stress/fatigue like mentioned above.
    those are the most common.
    I feel sinus pressure headaches when I'm exposed to pollen.
    ntr. at all.
    I get headaches in the morning after way too much alcohol the day before. So it is pretty type related I'm afraid.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dr Nico1e has arrived!
    It seems entirely possible for you to position yourself in a lucrative career, if that's what you want.

No ?

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had pneumonia when I was 6 months old. What type am I?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TYPE WITH MUCH STREN'TH TO OVERCOME ILLNESS

STRONG LIKE BULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel View Post
    and it didn't seem like Maritsa was saying it was (tr), just that her friends suffer from this.
    Maritsa says a lot of things, most of them are so illogical a part of me dies every minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    I had pneumonia when I was 6 months old. What type am I?
    LSE.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Oh come on now, I've known 5 or so IEE in my life and they've all suffered from odd headaches. I don't know why. I always figured it was because they were too busy or something, too much oriented to the objective world and ignored their ignored relaxing, but I'm starting to suspect genetic reasons for this.
    -

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh come on now, I've known 5 or so IEE in my life and they've all suffered
    You don't owe me anymore.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

That's because IEE's like bumping their heads into wall. I know 2 IEE's both often sufering headaches, but I don't think it's type related.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some IEEs like getting their heads bumped against walls. They'd just never admit it in public.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems entirely possible for you to position yourself in a lucrative career, if that's what you want.

No ?
    The new career that I'm focused on, for the time being, is bookkeeping. I will gradually move towards becoming an accountant. Bookkeeping is something that I enjoy doing, and it requires the least amount of money to start doing it. You can be a bookkeeper without going to college, and yet, bookkeepers are able to make a huge amount of money if they do particular things - some of them charge $50 an hour.

Right now I am actually working with a guy who runs his own lawnmowing business. (He seems to be LSE.) We're going to set up a bookkeeping system for him so that he can keep track of his expenses and revenues and taxes. But I haven't actually started doing any work for him - we're just discussing the ideas at the moment. Still, it makes me feel better to make progress in my life instead of just working at McDonald's, where I can't get much of a raise in pay.

I don't feel comfortable borrowing money to go to college at the moment because I don't trust myself to complete all the work and make it all the way through. I might feel more secure in the future though - it's not out of the question.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't feel comfortable borrowing money to go to college at the moment because I don't trust myself to complete all the work and make it all the way through. I might feel more secure in the future though - it's not out of the question.
    Man, SLIs and their self-doubt. All the SLIs I know are very conscientious, hard-working (without sacrificing balance in their lives, which is also important), and have excelled. Even though they think they're not all that. They are.

I think it's your eye for perfectionism that makes you guys so self-doubtful.

You can do ANYTHING you set your mind to, Nico1e. It's not about trusting yourself to do it, because if you have to do something and have a goal in mind, you will get it done. And well too.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh come on now, I've known 5 or so IEE in my life and they've all suffered from odd headaches. I don't know why. I always figured it was because they were too busy or something, too much oriented to the objective world and ignored their ignored relaxing, but I'm starting to suspect genetic reasons for this.
    Assuming you typed them correctly, of course...

I mean, it's entirely possible, sure, that the IEEs you know are so Si-deficient that they've gotten to the point where they have these chronic headaches. I've had Si handled by my SEI mother for a good portion of my life, so that could be why I dont have those issues.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, SLIs and their self-doubt. All the SLIs I know are very conscientious, hard-working (without sacrificing balance in their lives, which is also important), and have excelled. Even though they think they're not all that. They are.

I think it's your eye for perfectionism that makes you guys so self-doubtful.

You can do ANYTHING you set your mind to, Nico1e. It's not about trusting yourself to do it, because if you have to do something and have a goal in mind, you will get it done. And well too.
    Thank you for saying that, and yeah, there is perfectionism involved. When I was temporarily in college, before I dropped out, I often gave up on my classes completely if I got behind in the homework, because the class was no longer 'perfect' and I couldn't stand to get a B or a C.... so, oddly enough, I was able to tolerate getting an F. (Yeah, explain THAT rationale. Sort of negative perfectionism.)

But actually some of it is because I am reluctant to borrow money. However, I am going to slowly do some more progress in this direction in the next few years, I'm just being extremely cautious and frustratingly slow about it... If I do go to school, I might start with a school that doesn't cost very much, so I can avoid going too deeply into debt.

But thank you though, I know you have seen other people like me who succeeded. I will too, but it takes a long time for me.