Results 1 to 34 of 34

Thread: IEE and terrible headaches

  1. #1
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default IEE and terrible headaches

    I'm very concerned about IEE and their experience of terrible headaches. If any of you know any IEE who have these and have found reasonable solutions, please post their experience with regard to this topic in this thread. Has drinking plenty of water helped this extraverted mirrors in combating this problem? Have IEE men also experienced this problem?

  2. #2
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    LOL, where did I say such a silly thing?

  3. #3
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by You
    Delta, I'm very concerned about the poisoning of water in the process of dying cotton (releases formaldehyde into the water). As you may know about me already, I purchase recycled clothes in my very small attempt or part in playing a role in our environment's well-being (every little bit helps); now, I will stay away from purchasing dyed cotton. Children and people from usually third worlds drink this water and it's very serious.
    Headaches > Serious Water.
    Yeah, I didn't mean to say "don't drink water"; I meant to say that because cotton is most often dyed in third world sweat shops where they use unsanitary means in doing so, it leaches bad water into their drinking water. People should drink clean water, lots of it, but not a lot all at once.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

    Default

    What are you babbling about now? Are there any other common human qualities that you could possibly quarantine to a particular type? Perhaps you have met or spoken with many IEE's who have had "terrible headaches," but what ungodly lapse of critical reasoning would possess you to believe that such are inherent and existent only in IEE's?

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Alpha NT?
    Posts
    137
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nil View Post
    What are you babbling about now? Are there any other common human qualities that you could possibly quarantine to a particular type? Perhaps you have met or spoken with many IEE's who have had "terrible headaches," but what ungodly lapse of critical reasoning would possess you to believe that such are inherent and existent only in IEE's?
    I thought it was a humorous parody of the ridiculous things some people believe to be type-related. If this was the intent, then the post was indeed funny. But if it was an honest query, then God help us all.

  6. #6
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nil View Post
    What are you babbling about now? Are there any other common human qualities that you could possibly quarantine to a particular type? Perhaps you have met or spoken with many IEE's who have had "terrible headaches," but what ungodly lapse of critical reasoning would possess you to believe that such are inherent and existent only in IEE's?
    Being so miserably deficient, ENFps don't have proper judgment enough to know when to eat, go to sleep, change their diaper, or exhale.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  7. #7
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,702
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have had horrible headaches for the past 5 months. They have just started to go away, but I felt like my head weighed twice as much at certain times. However, I assure you it is not type related as I'm aware of the cause of the headaches.
    Last edited by Raver; 08-19-2011 at 12:46 AM.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  8. #8
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    improper diet, lack of consistency in sleep or eating patterns, stress, allergens,

  9. #9
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nope can't say that I have a problem with HAs, actually, Maritsa. Except on occasion when, as ryu and galen said, I was stressed, overfatigued, and a mix of caffeine withdrawal and very bright sunlight. It's only happened 3-4 times in my life though. Certainly not a chronic issue though. I highly doubt it's type related as well.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    Headaches > Serious Water.
    Yeah, I didn't mean to say "don't drink water"; I meant to say that because cotton is most often dyed in third world sweat shops where they use unsanitary means in doing so, it leaches bad water into their drinking water. People should drink clean water, lots of it, but not a lot all at once.
    There are IEEs in Third World countries too. Anyhow you get those sitting in a fixed position in front of PC.

    Try a massage, hot shower, caffeine or aspirin and yea, don't drink water from Third World countries, you can die and get headache.

  11. #11
    Trevor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,860
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd
    ..and yea, don't drink water from Third World countries, you can die and get headache.
    And you can die and get headache precisely in that order. First die, then get a headache. Yeah, indeed so. Serious business this Third World Countries water. If something doesn't change radically we can expect even wars for water and whatnot. Yeah, indeed so. I appeal to people's common sense and humanitarian core; that their common sense and humanitarian core prevails, rather than things opposite to it.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Analyst Trevor View Post
    And you can die and get headache precisely in that order. First die, then get a headache.
    I'm surprised you didn't grow a second brain after eating sheep shit.

  13. #13
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Son, I am dissapoint.

    IT'S NOT TYPE RELATED!
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  14. #14
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khola View Post
    Son, I am dissapoint.

    IT'S NOT TYPE RELATED!
    well played

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    State College, PA, USA
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    837
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't care if it's type-related or not.

    There are a few things that can cause headaches.

    Caffeine withdrawal (headache only lasts a day or so)

    Monosodium Glutamate - in foods such as Chinese food, and also in many other foods - read the labels. It can also sometimes be called 'natural flavoring' or 'hydrolyzed vegetable protein.' Not all natural flavoring is monosodium glutamate, however.

    Artificial sweeteners - in many foods. Nutrasweet can cause a lot of other health problems besides headaches. For instance, it can cause some people to develop something that resembles multiple sclerosis.

    Any prescription drugs, over-the-counter drugs, natural herbal drugs, or vitamin/mineral pills could be causing headaches. Did the headaches begin when you started using the drugs? Withdrawal from particular drugs can also cause headaches.

    Fluorescent lights, including the (insert long string of curse words) energy-saving compact fluorescent bulbs. Don't get me started about those horrible things. They are evil incarnate. Don't ever, ever drop one and break it.

    Medical problems: There are medical problems that can cause headaches, but I don't know enough about this. I'm more interested in common, ordinary things like chemicals in foods, because those are things you can troubleshoot easily yourself.

    Those are just a few things off the top of my head. I'm sure I'll remember more later.
    Last edited by Nico1e; 08-19-2011 at 03:57 PM. Reason: 'people' spelled 'pepole'

  16. #16
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nico1e View Post
    I don't care if it's type-related or not.

    There are a few things that can cause headaches.

    Caffeine withdrawal (headache only lasts a day or so)

    Monosodium Glutamate - in foods such as Chinese food, and also in many other foods - read the labels. It can also sometimes be called 'natural flavoring' or 'hydrolyzed vegetable protein.' Not all natural flavoring is monosodium glutamate, however.

    Artificial sweeteners - in many foods. Nutrasweet can cause a lot of other health problems besides headaches. For instance, it can cause some people to develop something that resembles multiple sclerosis.

    Any prescription drugs, over-the-counter drugs, natural herbal drugs, or vitamin/mineral pills could be causing headaches. Did the headaches begin when you started using the drugs? Withdrawal from particular drugs can also cause headaches.

    Fluorescent lights, including the (insert long string of curse words) energy-saving compact fluorescent bulbs. Don't get me started about those horrible things. They are evil incarnate. Don't ever, ever drop one and break it.

    Medical problems: There are medical problems that can cause headaches, but I don't know enough about this. I'm more interested in common, ordinary things like chemicals in foods, because those are things you can troubleshoot easily yourself.

    Those are just a few things off the top of my head. I'm sure I'll remember more later.


    and yes, the fluorescent lights contain mercury inside, so dont break em
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    and yes, the fluorescent lights contain mercury inside, so dont break em
    Nor eat them.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    State College, PA, USA
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    837
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    and yes, the fluorescent lights contain mercury inside, so dont break em
    Nor eat them.
    Oh yeah, and that reminds me. Dental fillings. But not the mercury-containing ones, the plastic ones. The plastic dental fillings can cause headaches too. They contain large amounts of bisphenol-A. When I got my old metal filling replaced with a plastic one (and also got another unnecessary plastic filling in another tooth at the same time) I went out of the frying pan into the fire, and started having symptoms caused by the plastic ones, which were different from, but just as bad as, the symptoms I had from the metallic one. Headaches were one of the symptoms I experienced from the plastic fillings. Fortunately this died down a lot after a few months.

  19. #19
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Dr Nico1e has arrived!

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    State College, PA, USA
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    837
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Dr Nico1e has arrived!
    thanks, I wish I made that much money.

  21. #21
    boom boom boom blackburry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    TIM
    ESI-Se 6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,269
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    IEEs get headaches, SLEs have cleft palates. socionics explains everything.












    tension headaches = stress/fatigue like mentioned above.
    those are the most common.
    I feel sinus pressure headaches when I'm exposed to pollen.
    ntr. at all.

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    IEEs get headaches, SLEs have cleft palates. socionics explains everything.

    tension headaches = stress/fatigue like mentioned above.
    those are the most common.
    I feel sinus pressure headaches when I'm exposed to pollen.
    ntr. at all.
    I get headaches in the morning after way too much alcohol the day before. So it is pretty type related I'm afraid.

  23. #23
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nico1e View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Dr Nico1e has arrived!
    thanks, I wish I made that much money.
    It seems entirely possible for you to position yourself in a lucrative career, if that's what you want.

    No ?

  24. #24
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I had pneumonia when I was 6 months old. What type am I?
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  25. #25
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    TYPE WITH MUCH STREN'TH TO OVERCOME ILLNESS

    STRONG LIKE BULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  26. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel View Post
    and it didn't seem like Maritsa was saying it was (tr), just that her friends suffer from this.
    Maritsa says a lot of things, most of them are so illogical a part of me dies every minute.

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    I had pneumonia when I was 6 months old. What type am I?
    LSE.

  27. #27
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh come on now, I've known 5 or so IEE in my life and they've all suffered from odd headaches. I don't know why. I always figured it was because they were too busy or something, too much oriented to the objective world and ignored their ignored relaxing, but I'm starting to suspect genetic reasons for this.

  28. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Oh come on now, I've known 5 or so IEE in my life and they've all suffered
    You don't owe me anymore.

  29. #29
    Anglas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lithuania
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Posts
    1,354
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That's because IEE's like bumping their heads into wall. I know 2 IEE's both often sufering headaches, but I don't think it's type related.

  30. #30
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Some IEEs like getting their heads bumped against walls. They'd just never admit it in public.

  31. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    State College, PA, USA
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    837
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico1e View Post

    thanks, I wish I made that much money.
    It seems entirely possible for you to position yourself in a lucrative career, if that's what you want.

    No ?
    The new career that I'm focused on, for the time being, is bookkeeping. I will gradually move towards becoming an accountant. Bookkeeping is something that I enjoy doing, and it requires the least amount of money to start doing it. You can be a bookkeeper without going to college, and yet, bookkeepers are able to make a huge amount of money if they do particular things - some of them charge $50 an hour.

    Right now I am actually working with a guy who runs his own lawnmowing business. (He seems to be LSE.) We're going to set up a bookkeeping system for him so that he can keep track of his expenses and revenues and taxes. But I haven't actually started doing any work for him - we're just discussing the ideas at the moment. Still, it makes me feel better to make progress in my life instead of just working at McDonald's, where I can't get much of a raise in pay.

    I don't feel comfortable borrowing money to go to college at the moment because I don't trust myself to complete all the work and make it all the way through. I might feel more secure in the future though - it's not out of the question.

  32. #32
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nico1e View Post
    I don't feel comfortable borrowing money to go to college at the moment because I don't trust myself to complete all the work and make it all the way through. I might feel more secure in the future though - it's not out of the question.
    Man, SLIs and their self-doubt. All the SLIs I know are very conscientious, hard-working (without sacrificing balance in their lives, which is also important), and have excelled. Even though they think they're not all that. They are.

    I think it's your eye for perfectionism that makes you guys so self-doubtful.

    You can do ANYTHING you set your mind to, Nico1e. It's not about trusting yourself to do it, because if you have to do something and have a goal in mind, you will get it done. And well too.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  33. #33
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Oh come on now, I've known 5 or so IEE in my life and they've all suffered from odd headaches. I don't know why. I always figured it was because they were too busy or something, too much oriented to the objective world and ignored their ignored relaxing, but I'm starting to suspect genetic reasons for this.
    Assuming you typed them correctly, of course...

    I mean, it's entirely possible, sure, that the IEEs you know are so Si-deficient that they've gotten to the point where they have these chronic headaches. I've had Si handled by my SEI mother for a good portion of my life, so that could be why I dont have those issues.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  34. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    State College, PA, USA
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    837
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico1e View Post
    I don't feel comfortable borrowing money to go to college at the moment because I don't trust myself to complete all the work and make it all the way through. I might feel more secure in the future though - it's not out of the question.
    Man, SLIs and their self-doubt. All the SLIs I know are very conscientious, hard-working (without sacrificing balance in their lives, which is also important), and have excelled. Even though they think they're not all that. They are.

    I think it's your eye for perfectionism that makes you guys so self-doubtful.

    You can do ANYTHING you set your mind to, Nico1e. It's not about trusting yourself to do it, because if you have to do something and have a goal in mind, you will get it done. And well too.
    Thank you for saying that, and yeah, there is perfectionism involved. When I was temporarily in college, before I dropped out, I often gave up on my classes completely if I got behind in the homework, because the class was no longer 'perfect' and I couldn't stand to get a B or a C.... so, oddly enough, I was able to tolerate getting an F. (Yeah, explain THAT rationale. Sort of negative perfectionism.)

    But actually some of it is because I am reluctant to borrow money. However, I am going to slowly do some more progress in this direction in the next few years, I'm just being extremely cautious and frustratingly slow about it... If I do go to school, I might start with a school that doesn't cost very much, so I can avoid going too deeply into debt.

    But thank you though, I know you have seen other people like me who succeeded. I will too, but it takes a long time for me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •