TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Enneagram type 6 subwings

From Typewatch.net

I think of head fix as if you were a windup doll where would the energy go? Both 5 and 7 fixers use their head fix energy to indulge themselves...internally and externally respectively...while 6 fixers use their head fix energy for more serious/sobering purposes.

6w5(sw5w4)...most serious thinking style...better come prepared...greatest scrutiny of the interlocutor...feel that you have a certain amount of time to communicate your case effectively before your arguement loses credibility as that's a good indication your arguement is BS and not worth exploring further. The most focused on ferretting out BS of the six tetrad but also the most likely to come to premature conclusions. In the absense of effective communication does not like to take leaps so defaults to a reductionist interpretation or projection to start with while pressing for better communication to interpret further...like all six fixes assessing tendencies more than the creating and exploring tendencies of five fixers...more use of interpretation substitutes than theorizing. Also reluctant to leave things unsquared that don't make sense or that don't add up. sw5w4 causes a tearing away of the irrelevant and peripheral to get to the truth underneath...hence the mental intensity.

6w5(sw7w6)...a less mentally intense thinking style than sw5w4...not as offensive-minded in getting to the truth. They know there is a lot of BS out there and are never quite sold on what people tell them...but while they want to know what led you to conjecturing what you are conjecturing...they are not as doggedly determined to get to the bottom of everything like their sw5w4 sibling. They will scrutinize you but they will pick their spots more...as much as you are a source of skepticism you are still a source...and they are the most source-dependant head fixers due to using external authorities' views to buttress their interpretations more than their own reductionism. If you don't communicate effectively enough after a certain amount of time and therefore don't pass their smell test(6w5)...they will simply write you off and fly away(the more live and let live and go look somewhere else sw7w6) as opposed to putting your second-rate perception underneath theirs(the more annexing sw5w4).

6w7(sw5w6)...a less focused and more distractable thinking style than either of the 6w5 fixers. They are the most reluctant to come to premature conclusions and are the most open-minded to considering contrary evidence. Compared to 6w5 fixers they have a disorganized all-over-the-mapness and more likely to conjecture multiple things simultaneously. They are more concerned about emptying all the thoughts out of their hyperactive mind without forgetting anything than about being precise and discerning enough...like hurredly jotting down dreams before they forget them. 6w7(sw5w6) fixers are not as confident in their perception as 6w5 fixers so to be on the safe side(6w7)...they list all their thoughts on the matter even the most anecdotal ones just in case as connections and insight often surprisingly come from the anecdotal...which "confirms" that they can't prejudge where answers will come from(sw5w6). This is how 6w7(sw5w6) fixers although more scattered than 6w5 fixers "accidentally" come up with creative ideas that may be overlooked by more structured thinking.

6w7(sw7w8)...the most suggestible/least strong-minded of the 6 tetrad due to the lack of any fiveness in their head fix. Of the 6-fix tetrad they are the least confident in their perception and most likely to depend on someone else's thinking. The lack of any 5ness in their head fix also explains their greater emotional intelligence enough...as they are better able to assess interpersonal situations than any of the other 6 head fixers. Due to their sw7w8 on top of their 6w7 nerves getting the best of them...their thinking style has more of a frenzied energy pattern that's the most likely of the 6 head-fix tetrad to get out of hand and betray them...may be partly why they have a knack for making their nervous thinky energy a shared experience with those around them. The least analytical and most "human" perception style of the 6 head-fix tetrad...most deceptively intelligent...like the most likely of the 6 head-fix tetrad to have their intelligence underestimated.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    6w7(sw5w6)...a less focused and more distractable thinking style than either of the 6w5 fixers. They are the most reluctant to come to premature conclusions and are the most open-minded to considering contrary evidence. Compared to 6w5 fixers they have a disorganized all-over-the-mapness and more likely to conjecture multiple things simultaneously. They are more concerned about emptying all the thoughts out of their hyperactive mind without forgetting anything than about being precise and discerning enough...like hurredly jotting down dreams before they forget them. 6w7(sw5w6) fixers are not as confident in their perception as 6w5 fixers so to be on the safe side(6w7)...they list all their thoughts on the matter even the most anecdotal ones just in case as connections and insight often surprisingly come from the anecdotal...which "confirms" that they can't prejudge where answers will come from(sw5w6). This is how 6w7(sw5w6) fixers although more scattered than 6w5 fixers "accidentally" come up with creative ideas that may be overlooked by more structured thinking.
    This fits me incredibly well, I would definitely be the 5w6 subwing of 6w7.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Subwings seem more like "flavors" to me, I can't take them seriously as actual categorizations relating to the presence of real fixations.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Subwings seem more like "flavors" to me, I can't take them seriously as actual categorizations relating to the presence of real fixations.
    I basically just think of them as strengths of the basic wings.

For example, 6w5sw5w4 is a 6w5 that has very strong e5 influence to the point of reaching some e4 influence in the way that a 5w4 would be influenced by e4. Iow, 6w5sw5w4 experiences the full range of e5 influence.

In contrast, 6w5sw7w6 is a 6w5 that has less e5 influence, but also has a touch of limited e7 influence.

I would say it's also comparable to saying a 6w5 with a 'heavy' or 'light' wing.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is the first time I've heard of subwings. This makes it sound like the wings are on a sort of continuum, suggesting that somebody could not have a wing altogether. Is this correct?

Anyway, I relate more to the sw7w6 description.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    This is the first time I've heard of subwings. This makes it sound like the wings are on a sort of continuum, suggesting that somebody could not have a wing altogether. Is this correct?
    Practically speaking, I suppose so, but technically the chances of being perfectly in the middle of a continuum is 1/infinity.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you just apply calculus to types? I love you

The other way to understand "smack in the middle" would be "no more or less one wing or the other".

Considering it like a force balance rather than a chord on a circle (which is where the 1/infinity thing comes from right?) makes more sense to me. In that sense you can be in the middle with no wing. In practice it's fairly unlikely.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cat King Cole View Post
    Did you just apply calculus to types? I love you
    lol no, just statistics.

The other way to understand "smack in the middle" would be "no more or less one wing or the other".

Considering it like a force balance rather than a chord on a circle (which is where the 1/infinity thing comes from right?) makes more sense to me. In that sense you can be in the middle with no wing. In practice it's fairly unlikely.
    "No more or less one way or the other" can simply be thought of as 0. But even on a scale of 1 to -1, there are an infinite number of points between each digit on a continuum.
    3w4-5w6-9w8