Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default extroverted introverts and introverted extroverts

i haven't found a thread on this, so here we go I guess. please post what you think about this or if you think it's bullshit and why and ill be a little dick and nitpick your words like a sneaky ninja. let the text warrior battles begin!!!1

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely possible. Socionics isolates I/E down to subject/object, making no prescriptions about how sociable one is. Energy is defined as "restless when inactive" or "depleted by activity"; so EJs and EPs typically spend their energy to "feel right" while IPs and IJs conserve their energy to "feel right".
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cat King Cole View Post
    Definitely possible. Socionics isolates I/E down to subject/object, making no prescriptions about how sociable one is.
    you know that's interesting though because even though we could also talk about extroversion/introversion in terms of how sociable someone is, socionics seems to look at the energy levels to explain subject/object. like if an ESFj is mostly introverted will they be using their introverted functions in a different way than an ISFp would be normally?

Energy is defined as "restless when inactive" or "depleted by activity"; so EJs and EPs typically spend their energy to "feel right" while IPs and IJs conserve their energy to "feel right".
    thats what ive wondered about though. the quadra values dont always seem to fit well with a typing based on energy-level typing, which seems to mess up Model A assumptions quite a bit, which also brings me back to the question of the extroverted introvert and introverted extrovert again because then typing becomes kind of ambiguous to me.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I conserve my energy a lot. I sleep early 10pm and get up at 7am, unlike him who sleeps at 2am and gets up at 6:30am. I need to stay indoors, that's why I write on the forum all day and recoup. I take walks in between to get lunch or dinner, do shopping, work, sometimes.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Contradiction.

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://socionist.blogspot.com/2008/0...traverted.html

This should answer all your questions.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cat King Cole
    Definitely possible. Socionics isolates I/E down to subject/object, making no prescriptions about how sociable one is. Energy is defined as "restless when inactive" or "depleted by activity"; so EJs and EPs typically spend their energy to "feel right" while IPs and IJs conserve their energy to "feel right".
    This seems so simplistic. I cannot sit still yet there's no way I am an extrovert of any sort. What about those with ADD? small attention spans...they're all extroverts? I liked the definition of an extravert as one who initiates.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Yes, extroverted introtims and introverted extratims do exist as I am an introverted extratim. However, I've noticed that it is something that can change constantly throughout one's life depending on one's life situation, it is not something that is static like being a socionics extratim or introtim.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cat King Cole View Post
    http://socionist.blogspot.com/2008/0...traverted.html

This should answer all your questions.
    sweet. thanks, it does. that's a good article/blog-entry.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lol...

I'm pretty much an introverted introvert. I am super introverted, more than most people I know even other introverts.

I have a hard time sometimes with a lot of things because of this. Anything that gets me out of myself is probably helpful, but then again from my perspective this can also kinda feel invasive and sociopathic. <3

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although I do belive it is possible the amount of people who are introverted extraverts (not the other way around) makes me think its bullshit.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ssmall View Post
    Although I do belive it is possible the amount of people who are introverted extraverts (not the other way around) makes me think its bullshit.
    Not necessarily. It just shows how different the definition of "extratim" is from the colloquial meaning of "extravert" and vice versa. It also can demonstrate that extraverts might consider themselves quiet and non-sociable, but that's only relative and because they feel they should be even more sociable, even though they already are.

Oh and I know a bunch of extraverted introverts.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Not necessarily. It just shows how different the definition of "extratim" is from the colloquial meaning of "extravert" and vice versa. It also can demonstrate that extraverts might consider themselves quiet and non-sociable, but that's only relative and because they feel they should be even more sociable, even though they already are.
    Bing

A lot of people tell me that I'm not introverted at all and I have no fucking clue what they are talking about. I can go to a party and feel like I've done nothing and I wake up the next morning and a friend is like "Dude you were wiling OUT last night" and I'm all

Yeah me too. I think an online social outlet like this forum attracts introverted extrotims because its a realm where we can interact/get input/learn things, but it doesn't require a shitload of energy expenditure and we get to fully dictate the terms of our participation.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post

I personally feel like I am an introverted extrovert but other people think I am an extrovert and cant even imagine why would I think I am not.

And I am not talking about knowing extroverted introverts, Im talking about people here in this forum. It seems there is quite a big disproportion of people who are introverted extratims and extroverted intratims which makes me think it is an easy label when things don't fit instead of what it is. Although those two things are quite different in what they mean they still have a certain connection. So I'm very skeptical when someone says something like this on this forum, I'm not sceptical that certain people are that way.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Subtypes, as we call them, absolutely exist. I don't agree with the notion that it can change due to extenuating circumstances; it really comes down to genetics, though you may not get it from your parents. An uncle of mine is the same subtype as me, and as long as I've known him he has never come across as a dominant subtype. You can tell the difference between the subtypes, it just takes a little practice.
    For instance, an ENFj has a much broader range with the use of . They are more agreeable and often times they can't help but be manipulative and tell you like it is so to speak. An ENFj is the misunderstood type, more prone to fantasy and can be quite brooding.
    From what I can tell their are 3 different subtypes, one is the dominant subtype, then you have the creative subtype, and a type that blends the accepting and producing functions so they really appear to work in tandem, the two other subtypes rely too heavily on one of their ego functions. That's my take on this whole thing.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems there is quite a big disproportion of people who are introverted extratims and extroverted intratims which makes me think it is an easy label when things don't fit instead of what it is.
    i kind of thought so too, but im not sure because a lot of people in this forum type as intuitive. i guess if you want to look at Ne and Ni another way, you could say that Ne is a quick expression of an Ni mental wandering. well i guess you could do that for all of the functions. but i think the difference here is that Ne has a harder time making useful connections/ideas with reality (my observations and conclusions so far anyway), compared to the other perceiving functions and so it's a lot easier to find someone inhibiting their Ne, and appearing to be Ni leading, when their Ni is in the service of a different creative function to the Ni leading types. at least it doesn't seem far-fetched to me.

um i dont know, but...i definitely know what you mean though because i cant even imagine what an introverted SLE or SEE would be like, since the ones ive typed that way (producing subtype) all seem pretty clearly EP regardless. i have seen SLIs and SEIs act a lot more EP overall though, as a producing subtype. i wouldnt doubt that the temperaments could be a bit too summarizing.

so what do you think now, if you read that and have other thoughts about it?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well energy levels of Ip's flactuate just like for Ep's, so at certain points they might seem like one or the other. I wouldnt imagine INTp acting as ESFp though at any point in time, the letters in the middle still make quite a difference in what that energy is aimed at. An ENFj even if introverted is visibly and clearly more alive (im not even sure what word should I use: fluid, expressive, natural? pick your choice) than an extroverted INFp (which I met quite a few, I actually never met and introverted ENFj in real life).

EDIT: what I ment is that with Ep's and Ip's its a bit mixed and it is possible to mix them but I'm very mistrustfull with Introverted Ej's and extroverted Ij's because I simply cant map that to my experiences, there is nothing I can compare it in my life with a few exceptions of people on medications or sick with depression.
    Last edited by Simon Ssmall; 08-16-2011 at 11:28 PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari