"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type Descriptions

Was too lazy to sign up before but I just woke up and had to just say how amazingly accurate the type descriptions/physical descriptions for SLE is...dangerously accurate, at least for me. Also I don't believe in subtypes, I exhibit both subtypes depending on my mood.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't believe in them either, welcome aboard =]

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, you're SLE?
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    Hey, you're SLE?
    Yep.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool.
    (i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ohai! Welcome. o/ Enjoy your stay, brief though it may be.
    Reason is a whore.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think accepting SLE is more competitive, looking for a challenge; basically trying to 'prove his Se'. Producing SLE, I think, is less competitive with others, and more with himself, trying to attain professionalism.

What do you say? Yes/no?
    (i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say yes.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

welcome o/

What do you say? Yes/no?
    No, it's the producing Ti-sub which is more self-controlled and more competitive. Accepting Se-subs are usually more easy-going and random.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    welcome o/

What do you say? Yes/no?
    No, it's the producing Ti-sub which is more self-controlled and more competitive. Accepting Se-subs are usually more easy-going and random.
    Professionalism isn't self-control? Anyway what is your reasoning?
    Se is the function of external image and space. Ti is the function of internal composure and structure. Se sub has to be the one that's more externally competitive, and dominating to maintain image and space, while Ti should be the one with more coolheadedness and more withdrawn into personal goals.
    (i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Professionalism isn't self-control?
    Broadly speaking it can be translated to professionalism, however, you're attributing it to the wrong subtype - it's the producing Ti-subtype not the accepting Se-sub that is more likely to strive to be professional and competitive.

Anyway what is your reasoning?
    Se is the function of external image and space. Ti is the function of internal composure and structure. Se sub has to be the one that's more externally competitive, and dominating to maintain image and space, while Ti should be the one with more coolheadedness and more withdrawn into personal goals.
    Because it is the T-F scale that relates to individual's inclination to be cooperative vs competitive when interacting with others. Ti-SLEs place more emphasis on Ti, which you are right is the function that gives one more internal composure, but it also gives one more surety in one's rightness and greater propensity to defend one's position, or in other words more inclination to be competitive.

Plus I have real life experience dealing with SLEs, and a lot of experience dealing with their cousins the ILEs, and it is the Ti-sub which behaves more aggressively and confidently in social situations.

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God damnit am I lazy. Basically like I said, for me anyways, I am not either or anyone of the subtypes, im an SLE plain and simple. Depending on my mood or level of health i'll use more Ti or Se, generally Se(feeling good), Ti(Depressed). Same thing with the enneagram, im an 8...lean more towards 8w7 but im still and 8 and will look like a 8w9 when im in my head, slow, stubborn, and reserved DODing into 5.

Thats just me though, can't speak for anyone else.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Professionalism isn't self-control?
    Broadly speaking it can be translated to professionalism, however, you're attributing it to the wrong subtype - it's the producing Ti-subtype not the accepting Se-sub that is more likely to strive to be professional and competitive.

Anyway what is your reasoning?
    Because it is the T-F scale that relates to individual's inclination to be cooperative vs competitive when interacting with others. Ti-SLEs place more emphasis on Ti, which you are right is the function that gives one more internal composure, but it also gives one more surety in one's rightness and greater propensity to defend one's position, or in other words more inclination to be competitive.

Plus I have real life experience dealing with SLEs, and a lot of experience dealing with their cousins the ILEs, and it is the Ti-sub which behaves more aggressively and confidently in social situations.
    I have real life experiences also. It's not that neither of us don't know what SLEs are like, but that singling out the recurring static traits is difficult because subtypes are still the same type and should tend towards the same behavior. I disagree with your T-F scale assertion, considering that has nothing to do with overall cooperative and competitive behavior. However, I do agree that definiteness in oneself and one's beliefs and positions can lead to more clashes than indefiniteness.

At any rate, without loose extrapolations, my thoughts are that:
    Se-SLE: Non-self mastering
    Ti-SLE: Self-mastering

Quote Originally Posted by Agee View Post
    God damnit am I lazy. Basically like I said, for me anyways, I am not either or anyone of the subtypes, im an SLE plain and simple. Depending on my mood or level of health i'll use more Ti or Se, generally Se(feeling good), Ti(Depressed). Same thing with the enneagram, im an 8...lean more towards 8w7 but im still and 8 and will look like a 8w9 when im in my head, slow, stubborn, and reserved DODing into 5.

Yo, when you're not out doing cool SLE things, you can come chill with eyeseecold.

http://www.stickam.com/group/socioni...fromFlash=true
    (i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    It probably has a bit to do with E7/8 as well. Most Se-SLEs I know are 7s who are (in siuntal's words) "easy-going and random", but I know an Se-SLE 8 who is extremely competitive at times, but at other times quite easy-going depending on the situation.
    True, I think Se-SLE types 8 and 3 would be more assertive while a Ti-SLE e9 would hold back more ... though I'm not sure SLE 9s even exist ...

... I disagree with your T-F scale assertion, considering that has nothing to do with overall cooperative and competitive behavior. However, I do agree that definiteness in oneself and one's beliefs and positions can lead to more clashes than indefiniteness.
    It is not my assertion. It is what the Big 5 studies show. The T-F scale shows moderate correlation to Agreeableness, where Agreeableness is defined as "a tendency to be compassionate and cooperative rather than suspicious and antagonistic towards others" while N-S scale demonstrates almost no correlation to this trait but rather correlates with Openness.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

. Hello Agee. SLEs = highly welcome around this beta NF-inundated parts. Enjoy your stay.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have real life experiences also. It's not that neither of us don't know what SLEs are like, but that singling out the recurring static traits is difficult because subtypes are still the same type and should tend towards the same behavior. I disagree with your T-F scale assertion, considering that has nothing to do with overall cooperative and competitive behavior. However, I do agree that definiteness in oneself and one's beliefs and positions can lead to more clashes than indefiniteness.

At any rate, without loose extrapolations, my thoughts are that:
    Se-SLE: Non-self mastering
    Ti-SLE: Self-mastering

Quote Originally Posted by Agee View Post

Yo, when you're not out doing cool SLE things, you can come chill with eyeseecold.

http://www.stickam.com/group/socioni...fromFlash=true
    No webcam though, but sure!

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    . Hello Agee. SLEs = highly welcome around this beta NF-inundated parts. Enjoy your stay.
    I feel at home already.