Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Se as "impact"?

  1. #1
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default Se as "impact"?

    Do you think that Se is impact?

    Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    ...
    April, I'm pretty sure that what you say about yourself is a reference to Extraversion:

    ....
    Yeah, i can always tell people are Extratim when they do the sizzle-hot thing , lol

    And yes, Se (as impact) can very much be physical aggression/force too (amidst many other things)
    I disagree; Se is not impact. Se is like a little child who takes a few steps away from their parent all the while, looking at the parent to size their reaction to the boundaries Se child is able to accomplish to test or get the feed/reaction from which they can estimate what other feats one may achieve in the attempt to do other things in life (looking at a parent's facial expression is a static expression). This is testing the child's "will" upon his/her parents to get static reactions. I don't know how this translates into rules for SEE type.

    Unlike myself, I am very much a boundary kind of person and I follow boundaries and stick within them. As a child I used to listen to my parents and not "test" my will upon them; if my mom said "stay here." I stayed there until she came back to get me. I followed rules.

    This is very interesting and deserves a lot of looking at because Si base children, especially SiTe boys, because they have a hard time doing Se, also have a hard time looking at their parents to observe how one has impacted their will upon them and hence repeat some mistake often and get shouted at often by their parents who might want a response about certain things from them the first time around.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HunterX
    You crossed my boundaries. Don't ever bother PM'ing me again because I won't be opening any of your shit. Fuck off
    Any more bright ideas, Queenie ? Anyway, you typed me 8 types so I think I'm going to exercise my will unto you. Haha!

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Unlike myself, I am very much a boundary kind of person and I follow boundaries and stick within them. As a child I used to listen to my parents and not "test" my will upon them; if my mom said "stay here." I stayed there until she came back to get me. I followed rules.
    This sounds like LSI to me.

    Get the fuck out of my quadra. It's invitation only
    Last edited by Absurd; 08-13-2011 at 03:52 PM.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Maritsa, no.
    Maritsa, yes. Good job.

  4. #4
    Punk
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    1,659
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i think it's better to talk about the functions as relating to an ego, sefi vs seti and fise vs tise, because they will be used differently. and then you can be better equipped to try to explain how they are in the unconscious.

  5. #5
    I'm a Ti-Te! Skeptic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    US
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    522
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, because Se egos are projectiles
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  6. #6
    Crispy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,097
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    + as a base function (SEE): Politician defends better, relieves tension between the conflicting sides
    - as a base function (SLE): Marshal attacks rather, affects the vulnerabilities that removes the weak
    + as a creative function (LSI): Inspector is configured to use force as a means of defense, he recognizes coercion, aimed at breaking the resistance of the offender
    - as a creative function (ESI): Saver shows the pressure first, pushing the person to some action

    Volitional Pressure sounds good.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

  7. #7
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    +Se would SEE behavior would be to foment, creating tension between conflicting sides.

  8. #8
    Crispy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,097
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've also seen + base described as acquiring power without usurping it but I don't remember from where.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

  9. #9
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm pretty good at seeing the weaknesses in other people too though. But nobody tends to believe me or listen to me because of how soft, shy and faggy my voice is.

    I don't think Se is related to power, assertiveness or aggression at all to be honest with you. I don't think any of the functions are about that, it just depends on what your polr is or not.

    And power is interesting. You can be masculine and physically powerful, but soft-hearted and cry easily. You can be effeminate and physically weak but have a lot of bite to you in social situations.

    I don't like how people see Se as Strong because it makes them view me as weak, and like I need 'strength' to complete myself. That's just homophobic. Go fuck yourselves, I'm not innately weak. <3 I'm just a spellcaster not a melee class. =p

  10. #10
    함부로 애틋하게 Kierva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    TIM
    3w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    228
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I'm pretty good at seeing the weaknesses in other people too though. But nobody tends to believe me or listen to me because of how soft, shy and faggy my voice is.

    I don't think Se is related to power, assertiveness or aggression at all to be honest with you. I don't think any of the functions are about that, it just depends on what your polr is or not.

    And power is interesting. You can be masculine and physically powerful, but soft-hearted and cry easily. You can be effeminate and physically weak but have a lot of bite to you in social situations.

    I don't like how people see Se as Strong because it makes them view me as weak, and like I need 'strength' to complete myself. That's just homophobic. Go fuck yourselves, I'm not innately weak. <3 I'm just a spellcaster not a melee class. =p
    Unfortunately shamanism isn't that looked up upon in a society of Humans.
    언제나.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Me, fuckers View Post
    Sensation, in the extraverted attitude, is most definitely conditioned by the object. As sense-perception, sensation is naturally dependent upon the object. But, just as naturally, it is also dependent upon the subject; hence, there is also a subjective sensation, which after its kind is entirely different from the objective. In the extraverted attitude this subjective share of sensation, in so far as its conscious application is concerned, is either inhibited or repressed. As an irrational function, sensation is equally repressed, whenever a rational function, thinking or feeling, possesses the priority, ie. it can be said to have a conscious function, only in so far as the rational attitude of consciousness permits accidental perceptions to become conscious contents; in short, realizes them. The function of sense is, of course, absolute in the stricter sense; for example, everything is seen or heard to the farthest physiological possibility, but not everything attains that threshold value which a perception must possess in order to be also apperceived. It is a different matter when sensation itself possesses priority, instead of merely seconding another function. In this case, no element of objective sensation is excluded and nothing repressed (with the exception of the subjective share [p. 457] already mentioned). Sensation has a preferential objective determination, and those objects which release the strongest sensation are decisive for the individual's psychology. The result of this is a pronounced sensuous hold to the object. Sensation, therefore, is a vital function, equipped with the potentest [sic] vital instinct. In so far as objects release sensations, they matter; and, in so far as it lies within the power of sensation, they are also fully accepted into consciousness, whether compatible with reasoned judgment or not. As a function its sole criterion of value is the strength of the sensation as conditioned by its objective qualities. Accordingly, all objective processes, in so far as they release sensations at all, make their appearance in consciousness. It is, however, only concrete, sensuously perceived objects or processes which excite sensations in the extraverted attitude; exclusively those, in fact, which everyone in all times and places would sense as concrete. Hence, the orientation of such an individual corresponds with purely concrete reality. The judging, rational functions are subordinated to the concrete facts of sensation, and, accordingly, possess the qualities of inferior differentiation, i.e. they are marked by a certain negativity, with infantile and archaic tendencies. The function most affected by the repression, is, naturally, the one standing opposite to sensation, viz. intuition, the function of unconscious perception.
    Now shut the fuck up, all of you, before I shove some concrete, sensuously perceived objects into your assholes.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Me, fuckers View Post
    Sensation, in the extraverted attitude, is most definitely conditioned by the object. As sense-perception, sensation is naturally dependent upon the object. But, just as naturally, it is also dependent upon the subject; hence, there is also a subjective sensation, which after its kind is entirely different from the objective. In the extraverted attitude this subjective share of sensation, in so far as its conscious application is concerned, is either inhibited or repressed. As an irrational function, sensation is equally repressed, whenever a rational function, thinking or feeling, possesses the priority, ie. it can be said to have a conscious function, only in so far as the rational attitude of consciousness permits accidental perceptions to become conscious contents; in short, realizes them. The function of sense is, of course, absolute in the stricter sense; for example, everything is seen or heard to the farthest physiological possibility, but not everything attains that threshold value which a perception must possess in order to be also apperceived. It is a different matter when sensation itself possesses priority, instead of merely seconding another function. In this case, no element of objective sensation is excluded and nothing repressed (with the exception of the subjective share [p. 457] already mentioned). Sensation has a preferential objective determination, and those objects which release the strongest sensation are decisive for the individual's psychology. The result of this is a pronounced sensuous hold to the object. Sensation, therefore, is a vital function, equipped with the potentest [sic] vital instinct. In so far as objects release sensations, they matter; and, in so far as it lies within the power of sensation, they are also fully accepted into consciousness, whether compatible with reasoned judgment or not. As a function its sole criterion of value is the strength of the sensation as conditioned by its objective qualities. Accordingly, all objective processes, in so far as they release sensations at all, make their appearance in consciousness. It is, however, only concrete, sensuously perceived objects or processes which excite sensations in the extraverted attitude; exclusively those, in fact, which everyone in all times and places would sense as concrete. Hence, the orientation of such an individual corresponds with purely concrete reality. The judging, rational functions are subordinated to the concrete facts of sensation, and, accordingly, possess the qualities of inferior differentiation, i.e. they are marked by a certain negativity, with infantile and archaic tendencies. The function most affected by the repression, is, naturally, the one standing opposite to sensation, viz. intuition, the function of unconscious perception.
    Now shut the fuck up, all of you, before I shove some concrete, sensuously perceived objects into your assholes.
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Let me be first, please.

  13. #13
    Creepy-male

    Default

    The word impact sounds like it belongs in the title of some action movie and not in a description of a personality type. I didn't read what you wrote though (besides the title).

  14. #14
    Hiding Typhon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Valhalla
    TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Posts
    2,645
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I was just thinking about this earlier; in the SEE description by Igor Weisband(the one on socionics.net) it says they are concerned with aesthetics in their environment. I think that types as projectiles is a bit of a socionics misunderstanding, I think the MBTI descipriptions are right in saying Se is concerned mainly with the physical environment, and socionics descriptions are right in saying deals with with health; in and of itself it doesnt but it deals imediatly with the body. One difference between socionics and MBTI is that in socionics sensing deals with the takeover of space whereas in MBTI its simply perceiving sensations; so thats where you get that which is about the surrounding physical environment manifests itself by a desire to dominate the environment/control resources, whereas , which is about the body and its inputs turns people into health freaks.

  15. #15
    Hiding Typhon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Valhalla
    TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Posts
    2,645
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Me, fuckers View Post
    Sensation, in the extraverted attitude, is most definitely conditioned by the object. As sense-perception, sensation is naturally dependent upon the object. But, just as naturally, it is also dependent upon the subject; hence, there is also a subjective sensation, which after its kind is entirely different from the objective. In the extraverted attitude this subjective share of sensation, in so far as its conscious application is concerned, is either inhibited or repressed. As an irrational function, sensation is equally repressed, whenever a rational function, thinking or feeling, possesses the priority, ie. it can be said to have a conscious function, only in so far as the rational attitude of consciousness permits accidental perceptions to become conscious contents; in short, realizes them. The function of sense is, of course, absolute in the stricter sense; for example, everything is seen or heard to the farthest physiological possibility, but not everything attains that threshold value which a perception must possess in order to be also apperceived. It is a different matter when sensation itself possesses priority, instead of merely seconding another function. In this case, no element of objective sensation is excluded and nothing repressed (with the exception of the subjective share [p. 457] already mentioned). Sensation has a preferential objective determination, and those objects which release the strongest sensation are decisive for the individual's psychology. The result of this is a pronounced sensuous hold to the object. Sensation, therefore, is a vital function, equipped with the potentest [sic] vital instinct. In so far as objects release sensations, they matter; and, in so far as it lies within the power of sensation, they are also fully accepted into consciousness, whether compatible with reasoned judgment or not. As a function its sole criterion of value is the strength of the sensation as conditioned by its objective qualities. Accordingly, all objective processes, in so far as they release sensations at all, make their appearance in consciousness. It is, however, only concrete, sensuously perceived objects or processes which excite sensations in the extraverted attitude; exclusively those, in fact, which everyone in all times and places would sense as concrete. Hence, the orientation of such an individual corresponds with purely concrete reality. The judging, rational functions are subordinated to the concrete facts of sensation, and, accordingly, possess the qualities of inferior differentiation, i.e. they are marked by a certain negativity, with infantile and archaic tendencies. The function most affected by the repression, is, naturally, the one standing opposite to sensation, viz. intuition, the function of unconscious perception.
    Now shut the fuck up, all of you, before I shove some concrete, sensuously perceived objects into your assholes.
    Stay dead.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    Stay dead.

  17. #17
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Being a perceptual type, Se registers happenings around them. Sensations derived from objects, both pleasing or not is the objective; to experience and register happenings, in the primary mode of direction/drive. There is nothing in this that suggests so much as "impact" as Smilingeyes suggests.

  18. #18
    wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,107
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I like Se as force and impulse, as defined by physics, rather than their general meaning. That may or may not be related to this thread.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

    IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

    Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

    I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

  19. #19
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wouldn't Fe 'impact' you as well, if you dual-sought it? It would 'impact' you as well, if it's your polr..... or you might just be neutral to it. Maybe it bores you. Or you're just 'ehh...whatever' about it.

    I just view Se as the external statics of objects, contrasted to Te- the external dynamics of objects. Te is dynamic and Se is static... static objects, external objects at rest. The romantic yet 'real thing' that the IEI tries to hold onto.

    I guess I get how one would think of Se as being so impact-y and oomphy because it IS a function that is indeed based on external sensory perception and not faggy introversion. But it's sorta like saying a jew that's good at magic can't run the world, and we obviously know that's a piece of shit lie. (lol) Ni can be just as impact-y, really. I sure as hell impact enough people with my writing. Right? Geddit?

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel View Post
    What? Where? Where did monkey go? Well, let Absurd know when the circus is back in town
    Yea, who let monkey out of its cage ?

    (Absurd,dodge it, homey, you can do it )
    Haha, alright.

    Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    I was just thinking about this earlier; in the SEE description by Igor Weisband(the one on socionics.net) it says they are concerned with aesthetics in their environment.
    Se art artistic aesthetics.
    Last edited by Absurd; 08-15-2011 at 11:36 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •