2 11.11%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Louis C.K.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Louis C.K.

What do you think? INFp? ENTp? I think he's Fe-IEI...

quotes:

I've learned from experience that if you work harder at it, and apply more energy and time to it, and more consistency, you get a better result. It comes from the work.

I'm bored' is a useless thing to say. You live in a great, big, vast world that you've seen none percent of.

I was a nerd growing up, and I'm a little antisocial and awkward.

It's more fun to experience things when you don't know what's going to happen.

When I read things like the foundations of capitalism are shattering, I'm like, maybe we need that. Maybe we need some time where we're walking around with a donkey with pots clanging on the sides.

I never viewed money as being 'my money' I always saw it as 'the money.' It's a resource. If it pools up around me then it needs to be flushed back out into the system.

Comedy isn't polite and it isn't correct and it isn't accurate, even. It's just a mess. So that's the way that I approach it.

Perception is created and twisted so quickly.

Cars and cameras are the two things I let myself be materialistic about. I don't care about other stuff.

If you're a cartoon character or most TV characters, sure, you'll fight, because the punches are juicy-sounding and they don't leave marks. But in real life, if somebody punches you in the eye, it doesn't make any noise and your eye is swollen for, like, six months. It's a nightmare to get punched in the eye.

When two kids are being completely berserk, and they're naked and throwing food around, sometimes I just let it go because I can see a future where they're going to be dressed, and they're going to be at school. So I kind of let stuff go sometimes.

Every day starts, my eyes open and I reload the program of misery. I open my eyes, remember who I am, what I'm like, and I just go, 'Ugh'.

I wish I could know everything ever, like that would be my wish - that's what I hope heaven is, that they tell you who shot JFK and all that stuff.

Some things I think are very conservative, or very liberal. I think when someone falls into one category for everything, I'm very suspicious. It doesn't make sense to me that you'd have the same solution to every issue.

There are people that really live by doing the right thing, but I don't know what that is, I'm really curious about that. I'm really curious about what people think they're doing when they're doing something evil, casually. I think it's really interesting, that we benefit from suffering so much, and we excuse ourselves from it.

There's a woman I see who's not my therapist, but she's like an old friend who's a therapist in profession. She lets me talk to her like a therapist once in a while, and she does a great thing. Whenever I have a big dilemma, like this is a big problem in my life, she always says, 'Wow, you're going to have to figure that out.'

Last edited by silke; 07-05-2017 at 06:30 AM. Reason: updated links

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

He's hilarious. IMO, He strikes me as ILE.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Creepy-male

Yea Louis CK is awesome,

He has a this whole attitude of "fuck it all-- I don't care anymore", like some drunk who let himself go. He loves ranting about kids and does the whole bit were he tells stories in a ridiculously direct way -- oversimplifying the dialogue and stuff.

I was inclined to say SLE but really looking into it more Si is obvious especially when he talks about food and his weight. ILE is a good guess but comedians always seem much more Sensory.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I definitely thought he might be ILE at first too but if you watch enough of his interviews/watch his show, etc. I think him being introverted is a serious possibility...Fe is pretty obvious aswell...hmm...... I still think iei is an option...but...I dunno

Also, let it be noted that he is a "performer" so who knows how much of "him" is an act and how much of him is actually real..the only good or, rather, better indicator would be a one on one interview

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lmao I've always thought he might be an LSE comedian, although his portrayal of love interests always seem to be very domineering, hard edged, almost uncaring, women. He certainly does not, as they say, give a fuck. Also tries to portray a sort of family oriented, despite being dysfunctional attitude. Probably hasn't been in very many same quadra relationships? Stresses realism and gratitude a lot I'd say. In most of his non stand up performances, comes off as pretty low key, otherwise he's chuckling about how stupid/fucked up everything is. Hmmm.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    I've always thought he might be an LSE comedian
    Yes, I type him LSE. I've been a big fan for years, so I've listened to many interviews, appearances on Opie & Anthony, etc. when he's not performing. My typing is mostly based on impression without having specific examples on hand. He has this tempered misanthropy that I've found in different cool LSEs, but if you dig real deep, there's actually a big heart there. He has this very straightforward way of presenting his thoughts, in a no nonsense kind of way. Trying to think of a specific example of LSE behavior... he likes to talk about how things should work in society with a + focus--for instance, he espouses Delta values when he talks about preferring smaller, close-knit communities that support one another financially and emotionally. Seems to really hate pretentiousness, likes down-to-earth individuals, and is actually quite emotionally subdued when he's not performing. I don't see introversion at all really--he pretty much dominates group discussions with introverts (anybody see Talking Funny?). When he talks about people who seem to be egos (his daughter, for example, I suspect), he talks about how much "better" they are than him and how he really appreciates their insights. Just a mishmash of different impressions here, but yeah, LSE.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obvious Ne/Si quadra IMO.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So...no one agrees...lol

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he's fat, nobody cares
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SLI o me.

I do not like his approach to faith based organizations; I know that deep down inside he craves for morality and I don't know why he would resort to making a video where he puts any organization of God down.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-03-2015 at 10:51 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta.

My initial inkling was EII, but now I don't know. LSE makes sense as well.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I do not like his approach to faith based organizations; I know that deep down inside he craves for morality and I don't know why he would resort to making a video where he puts any organization of God down.
    He's a fucking comedian

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    He's a fucking comedian
    yeah. I know.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Creepy-male

K Maritsa then you realize him doing a bit promoted the Catholic church as a moral organization wouldn't be funny but instead serious?

I mean in terms of comedians and church the options are clear -- either avoid the topic or make fun of the church as it is such a somber and serious thing. Most people enjoy comedians making fun of the church though because its liberating, most people are taught to respect the church from an early age and sometimes this can get annoying having to constantly treat the organization as some holy pinnacle of morality when it makes tons of human errors and mistakes.

I personally found the whole bit hilarious, its typical louis ck style... the way he's super direct and just walks into the church and they directly admit it, then the way he expands on the notion with elaboration. It's basically what stand up comedy is. You start with a simple idea and just improv around it, its like playing a solo over a chord progression in jazz.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne-ENTp seems obvious to me.

I know that deep down inside he craves for morality
    And how do you know this?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha irrational. Don't seem Delta imo. Ne-ENTp seems plausible.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Se-SLE. I've typed him as ILE initially but it felt off. His humor is very physically grounding and concrete. It doesn't have the intangible expansiveness of Ne that is present in repertoires of Ne-based comedians like Bill Hicks and Eddie Izzard. He shows these time-dependent switches in personal reference frame that is characteristic of NiSe types, which is evident in very first video sar has posted where he is contrasting past to present to show the absurdity of modern time thinking. He also describes events in episodic manner which is characteristic of static types. Some of his jokes are very much Fi-PoLR.
    Last edited by silke; 12-18-2013 at 07:48 AM. Reason: typo

TIM
    SLI/ISTp/594/5w4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe SLI
    / ISTp / SLI / 5w4 / 594 / sp/sx
    / Lunar 12-egram /

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think LSE works very well. In that first video he's basically talking about plus some and .

TIM
    SLI/ISTp/594/5w4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agh.. originally I thought SLI, then LSE, but I can see alpha too after watching some more vids. Hard to describe my typing process. Hard to type guy. Bah
    Last edited by meals; 08-28-2011 at 08:57 PM.
    / ISTp / SLI / 5w4 / 594 / sp/sx
    / Lunar 12-egram /

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    Se-SLE. I've typed him as ILE initially but it felt off. His humor is very physically grounding and concrete. It doesn't have the intangible expansiveness of Ne that is present in repertoires of Ne-based comedians like Bill Hicks and Eddie Izzard. He shows these time-dependent switches in personal reference frame that is characteristic of NiSe types, which is evident in very first video sar has posted where he is constrasting past to present to show the absurdity of modern time thinking. He also describes events in episodic manner which is characteristic of static types. Some of his jokes are very much Fi-PoLR.
    I agree with this. I've been watching his show.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my ni-eie, te-ili, and ni-ili roommates love his show.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE to me.

Fi isn't morality, how many times do you need to be told this
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    LSE to me.

Fi isn't morality, how many times do you need to be told this
    Yes it is. Fi is morality, and morality is Fi. EXIs are very good, pure-hearted people. XLEs are heathens. Duh.
    "To thine own self be true." - Shakespeare

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, I'm taking another look at him. ISTp could work better than I thought.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    except for the fact that he's ESTp.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

He's got an absolutely glaring Fi-PoLR (being a Se-sub). Watch the video below - the guy is shameless. Not to mention the episodes where he talks about raping fetuses and throws ****** on his rape list for good measure.

Louis C.K.'s Last Chance NSFW - YouTube

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTp, ENTp, and ISTp all seem possible to me...I don't, as some have said, think he is ESTj...but...yeah...if I had to choose, I would probably say he is ENTp

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    except for the fact that he's ESTp.
    ityertsgrsefadfdyjkfuyjhg now that I see it suggested it works for me
    w/e I never found him that funny anyways
    Last edited by Galen; 09-21-2011 at 07:26 AM.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not. Fucking. ESTp.

You are insane if you think this. He is Delta as hell.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arsal View Post
    Not. Fucking. ESTp.

haha no.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I like his logic...."Are you crazy? Do you think I'm going to rape you on the off chance that you're into that shit?" That would devalue any direct, aggressive, impulsive and Se approach to sex.

He just made a judgement people when he said "are you crazy?" Because
    -

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i like him. i've never tried to type him but LSE seems to me like the most plausible suggestion.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see him as LSE. I thought ILI from his actual tv show...but his standup comedy is much more in-your-face...and someone posted videos of his younger days.

I love his show so do a lot of gammas/deltas I know.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He and Chris Rock are close friends, because they share the same sense of humor and think each other is funny. And "we switch up our roles; sometimes I'm the adult and he's the kid and I'm getting lectured or given advice, and then the next day we switch it up."

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Not. Fucking. ESTp.

Sufficient inquiry into Socionics has revealed the shocking result that my duals are never this interesting. I would love for him to be ESTj but he's likely not EXXj temperament. The reason I think I was so intent on ESTj is because in my mind I had associated so-last with Delta and sp-last with Beta. Which is the stereotype as well, to be honest, but it's not the case every time. Being E7 instead of the usual disposition of E8 or E3 for ESTps only exacerbates this.

Also notice the VI similarity with David Fincher:

Actually, never mind. It's hard to demonstrate this with a select few pictures so hit up a google image search on both and you might see it. David Fincher (director of Fight Club, Seven and The Social Network) is most likely ESTp.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipitous View Post
    Yes it is. Fi is morality, and morality is Fi. EXIs are very good, pure-hearted people. XLEs are heathens. Duh.
    Please tell me you aren't serious.

I type Louie LSE.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't be the only one who sees the resemblance between him and DJ Arendee. It's just so uncanny!

If I had to guess I'd say ESFj. Yeah, I know, it's a fucking weird typing but if it's turns out to be true then I'd laugh so hard.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God, idk what to type him as anymore. Let's just not type him and go back to thinking he's funny and not in our opposite quadra.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aivonaima View Post
    I thought he was ILE. Very similar to those I know, anyway.

I love it how good comedy often seems to stem from Fi PoLR.
    Aivonaima, I have a question. I've noticed that SEI or IEI if you want to consider yourself can say "I love it" a subjective evaluation of an object "how a good comedy" judging a comedy to be good/bad...SEI/IEI do do this right and how do you feel that this judgement differs from Fi?
    -

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast