Thread: Greetings all

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Greetings all

Hi there, everyone. So, I suppose I should state a little about myself before posting, so you can get to know me better. My interests include, first and foremost, my family and friends. Their love and support makes life a whole lot better than it would otherwise be, and without them my life would likely be the most dull and apathetic thing. My Christian faith is also something I consider strongly important, and while we all have sinned, I really can't stand hypocrites claiming Christian foundation who give the rest of us a bad name. My own personal sense of right and wrong and moral duty is strongly-held and alongside my interpersonal relations likewise gives meaning to my life, though it can be a bit fuzzy/situational at times rather than strictly rigid - other times, it's definitely what I'd describe as justly rigid. Following those, politics and my ideals therein, fantasy novels, a nice plate of spaghetti, and simply taking in and making the best of life are things that I greatly value.

As for why I'm here, I find Jungian personality theory a fascinating tool for explaining the relations around me, and Socionics is the most interesting to me of those systems given the intertype relations bit. There's also just some mystique to a system so beautifully intricate that's relatively unknown in the West, at least in my opinion. As for my own personal little box, I seem to fit Delta quadra values best from the descriptions I've read, and NF better at that. Overall, EII seems the closest match, probably Meged/Ovcharov's Ne-subtype of the two. Enneagram-wise, I'm either a 2 or a 6, seemingly a commonly confused typing according to the Enneagram Institute. I can sort of see aspects of both. 6 fits behaviorally better, but 2 fits better motivation-wise and integration/disintegration-wise. That's me in a nutshell, I guess, anyway.
    Last edited by Spasm; 08-09-2011 at 10:27 AM.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your stay.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yep, I could tell Delta within a few seconds of reading that; I don't know which one yet, I'll figure it out...

Anyways, welcome aboard!
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Welcome,

It seems like you and I have a lot of things already in common.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the forum! Pleased to meet you.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, everyone. You seem a welcoming and friendly group, by and large. Though maybe that's just the people who tend to respond to introduction threads, I don't know yet.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the forum. I think overall it is a friendly group but sometimes those who aren't as friendly yell louder.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bardia View Post
    Welcome to the forum. I think overall it is a friendly group but sometimes those who aren't as friendly yell louder.
    I like this.

I think EII would fit you well Spasm, at least from what little information you have given thus far. Welcome and do try to enjoy your stay (though, also try not to make your stay too long, as doing so has caused such things as insanity and grand delusions in the past).