LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Air View Post
    It's very clear to me.
    wtpt?
    I find it hard to believe no one busted a cap in your arse yet.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you kidding? 3w4 sx/so , clear as day to anyone who knows the enneagram.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-male

6 and 3 sometimes look like each other due to integration/disintegration points. But I'm going to have to agree with Gilly its hard to imagine Madonna as a thinking type.

Embracing Approval Seeking or Confronting Approval Seeking?

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, the thing is, she's heavily involved in Kabbalah (which is stereotypically very 9) but whether she's integrating or disintegrating when she's doing that, is up for debate.

Either way, 3-6-9 are connected yeah.

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Madonna just posted in my brain.

She told me. "Who cares what type I am, the only thing that matters is I have a SHITLOAD of money, and I love myself and I'm happy with myself and you middle class losers need to find that happiness within!" and she just spat at me like a narcissistic bitch. And she just told me how I need to be less of a mama's boy loser and more of a confident gay man that goes to preppy nightclubs and says more 'snappy things to people.'

I feel like punching her in the face.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Madonna just posted in my brain.

She told me. "Who cares what type I am, the only thing that matters is I have a SHITLOAD of money, and I love myself and I'm happy with myself and you middle class losers need to find that happiness within!" and she just spat at me like a narcissistic bitch. And she just told me how I need to be less of a mama's boy loser and more of a confident gay man that goes to preppy nightclubs and says more 'snappy things to people.'

I feel like punching her in the face.
    LOL. Man, how dare she say those things. You should punch her!

Creepy-male

you should sonic boom her in the uterus

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many 6s have various traits of 3s.

the question of strength/beauty which is central to the E6sx is central to Madonna, besides that she's ESTP, which are often E6s or E8s.

There are other reasons also why she's not E3, I'll write later.

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If I punch her though, she will play the victim and make too many people think that she was completely innocent and that I just need to love myself more and not be so shy and introverted. There will be press conferences and gay men with better clothes and jewelry than me.

*punch*

Oh well I punched her anyway. It will be worth the 5 years in prison.

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would have to agree with Gilly on this one.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

TIM
    LII, 5w4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, she's a 7w8, actually. She describes herself as an "excitement junkie".

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neverthesame View Post
    No, she's a 7w8, actually. She describes herself as an "excitement junkie".
    That doesn't mean anything actually; I would say the same thing about myself, and I'm definetly not the same type as Madonna.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

Creepy-male

Looks like we have a tri-type theory already....

we got some 6/7 in the thinking

we got some 8/7 in the instinct

we got some 3/4 in the feeling

now we just have to order it correctly I'd take a stab at...

3w4-6w7-8w7

We can safely avoid any remenants of e5, e9, e1, or e2 -- or in other words she isn't particularly intellectually deep or moral/helper-like. Seems like she is mostly approval seeking with ideal seeking a close second... only a touch of power seeking. Main style is confronting for approval, with some embracing.... tends to withdrawl and embrace ideals as a secondary aspect of the approval seeking. Very little power seeking.... which seems to frequently get confused for "confronting".

Confronting=/=power seeking

power seeking is about building up long terms strength/ability... confronting is a short term style to get what you really want.

Confronting types are 8,1,3

the 3 confronts people for their approval, making them seem narcissistic and pushy, buts its not for power but for their need for approval in order to feel worthy
    the 1 confronts people for their ideals, making them seem moralistic and haughty, buts its also not for power but for their need to idealism
    the 8 confront people for power, making them seem oppressive and dominant, this one is for power.

confronting types come across pushy and gritty, like someone constantly grinding/brushing/pushing against you with their energy.

A power seeking type is no neccesarily like this (except the 8 obviously) -- power seeking types are 2,5,8

the 2 seeks power through embracing, by embracing other people around them and helping others they find a sense of power/ability/strength in their lives
    the 5 seeks power through withdrawing, by investigating and observing life around them they have a strong insight from which they find a sense of power/ability/strength in their lives
    the 8 seeks power through confrontation, by confronting things and people around them they find strength.

So what does all this psych 101 mean?

Madonna is confronting not power seeking, that's where here supposed "dominant" behavior comes from... its all just attention whoring and approval seeking like any good 3 does from time to time. 6 isn't a good option because she isn't embracing, 6's are loyalists, they want to embrace the community, as a celebrity she is more confronting... shocking people and getting their attention by force for approval, a 6 is more oriented towards being a stable/reliable/loyal member of the "pack" in order to get approval which fits well with their mental energy -- 6's are very earthy in energy/quality, structured, strong, supportive, hard to move. 3's are very fiery, emotionally intense and confronting.

6's are in the intensity harmonic group, struggling to determine who they can trust and let in...
    3's are in the competency harmonic group, struggling to remain competent and a "professional"...

Madonna will let just about anyone in.... she struggle instead to remain a socially relevant and competent performer/celebrity.
    Last edited by male; 08-12-2011 at 02:13 AM.

TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think 2W3, 3W2, 3W4, 7W8, and 8W7 are all possibilites for her. She is the sterotype of 2W3 though personally I dont go by stereotypes, Id more likely bet on 8W7.