Thread: The Top Gear Presenters

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Top Gear Presenters

VI-ing from pictures and videos. I got a pretty good idea what they are but all suggestions are welcome.

Richard Hammond: ESI Dominant (isfj). Looks a bit like an easygoing Jose Mourinho.

James May: EII Normalizing? (infj), possibly LII. Definitely polr eg. Hammond crashes into the back of his car and James doesn't do anything. Captain Slow. Is the quieter of the two and does not get involved in Clarkson v Hammond scuffles. Does not eat paper and dislikes hammers.

Jeremy Clarkson: SLE harmonic? (estp). Power. I'll need a hammer. Let me get a bigger hammer.

SLE, ESI and EII. Interesting group dynamic isn't it?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by goggles View Post
    VI-ing from pictures and videos. I got a pretty good idea what they are but all suggestions are welcome.

Richard Hammond: ESI Dominant (isfj). Looks a bit like an easygoing Jose Mourinho.

James May: EII Normalizing? (infj), possibly LII. Definitely polr eg. Hammond crashes into the back of his car and James doesn't do anything. Captain Slow. Is the quieter of the two and does not get involved in Clarkson v Hammond scuffles. Does not eat paper and dislikes hammers.

Jeremy Clarkson: SLE harmonic? (estp). Power. I'll need a hammer. Let me get a bigger hammer.

SLE, ESI and EII. Interesting group dynamic isn't it?

Clarkson: Agree SLE
    May: I always got the impression that he was an ILE, however LII is reasonable, and I suppose EII is not totally outlandish. He strikes me as being the 'nicest' of the group, and definately infantile... I acgtually quite enjoy the shows he does on toys. I know that he and Clarkson aren't exactly the biggest fans of each other, on screen at least, however there does seem to be a strong working relationship, do they really have a conflicting relationship?
    Hammond: I'd thought IEI. I'd say, definately intraverted when placed next to Clarkson, he tends to take on the supporting role soemwhat. I don't really see the Fi in him and he seems like soemone who is more impressed by Se type power rather than exhibiting it strongly in himself.
    IEE-Ne

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree. Hammond doesn't have ? He eats paper! Clarkson's like rarghhh! and Hammond's just yumyumyum...

IEI? Do you really think they're duals? Why do you think they're duals?

or any introverted function would be difficult to spot on television (wouldn't it?).

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how on earth is Hammond an introvert..? seems like a stereotype E type on most counts... i'd sooner see Clarkson as I than Hammond...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clarkson seems to be / harmonic subtype and Hammond dominant / subtype.

Introverted extrovert and extroverted introvert. I'm guessing James is a infj normalizing which would make him an introverted... introvert.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeremy Clarkson: ILE
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clarkson in Nurburgring: the woman is clearly SEI, as she is making fun of Clarkson's weak and "teaching" him how to drive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEjk6yeRs1k
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clarkson is a sure SLE, The vulnerable Introverted Ethics is clear and he is always trying to force his opinion of cars, overriding the over presenters and the audience in a comedic manner. He's also a very likely negativist in Reinin traits, usually showing how the car has failed.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

hmm I'm sure I posted on these three before, but not sure where...

I think Richard Hammond is IEE, Jeremy Clarkson is SLE (Victory at all costs, Power, Power, Power!)...James May I would find more difficult tp type but EII is appealing (I can't see him being a ILE compared to the typing I have for RH and because he seems like a fairly clear judging type).

I don't think it is too problematic having two conflictors amongst the three...the way the show pans out (possibly exactly because of such relationships), it is often Clarkson vs. May and Hammond...RH generally acts as the separator between JC and JM (there are of course exceptions). Much\Most of the friction is staged of course, but even so, there is still often some real tension! (it's all part of the show).