Thread: Esfp/Esfj mbti/socionics corrispondence and okcupid

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Esfp/Esfj mbti/socionics corrispondence and okcupid

these days I did an experiment, I searched the keyword and ESFP ESFJs ok cupid (probably these types were analyzed with a test MBTI) and I noticed that mine is more matching with the girls ESFJs (affinity between the first page 96% and 84%) than ESFP (with affinity in the first page between 80% and 56%). So I have a doubt about my type, there are a ILI typing with MBTI to be reversed or are a LII and typing with MBTI should not be reversed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's no simple mapping between MBTI and Socionics. Most of the time, you'll come out with the same letters (and flipped functions for introverts), but there's no guarantee.

Your experiment could be stated more clearly. I think what you're saying is that you went to a dating site, searched for people who self-type as ESFJ and ESFP according to MBTI-based understanding, and found that the ones you found who typed themselves as ESFJ happened to match better on [what criteria?], so now you're wondering if you're actually a Socionics LII instead of ILI?

Maybe you could be more specific about your research design...
    Last edited by Jonathan; 07-27-2011 at 10:51 PM.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ZAMPA View Post
    these days I did an experiment, I searched the keyword and ESFP ESFJs ok cupid (probably these types were analyzed with a test MBTI) and I noticed that mine is more matching with the girls ESFJs (affinity between the first page 96% and 84%) than ESFP (with affinity in the first page between 80% and 56%). So I have a doubt about my type, there are a ILI typing with MBTI to be reversed or are a LII and typing with MBTI should not be reversed.
    I don't think that this is a reliable experiment. It sais more about okcupid matching ideas than about the types involved.

TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    It sais more about okcupid matching ideas than about the types involved.
    Yep. I dont understand why you would go to okcupid for this, anyways.