Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 44

Thread: Is 16 types becoming more popular?

  1. #1
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,704
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Are 16 types becoming more popular?

    When I say 16 types, I don't mean the forum, but the root idea of 16 personality types of four letters, which would include socionics, MBTI and Jung's functions. A few days ago I overheard some teenagers talking about it in the bus like it was common knowledge and it caught me off guard because I felt that it was an esoteric-like knowledge to be aware of the 16 personality types. Anyone else noticing this trend?
    Last edited by Raver; 07-27-2011 at 07:59 PM.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes.

  3. #3
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Matt is working on a new movie involving relationships and Socionics. I hope that it will get sold and this forum will become very popular. Fun, fun, fun.

  4. #4
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah I guess if I wanted to get an INFJ shirt it would have to say "the Counselor" on it. Yuck. And my MBTI friends would make fun of me and tell me I'm not an INFJ, and other MBTI INFJs would want to get to know me and have discussions about our type, and wouldn't be the same system, blah. Too much trouble.


  5. #5
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,451
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Aren't personality typologies based on four letters and 16 personality types limited to like, socionics MBTI and Keirsey?

    I know that people know about MBTI, but I haven't observed it "growing" or anything.

  6. #6
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ashton wants to help, hah.

  7. #7
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,704
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Aren't personality typologies based on four letters and 16 personality types limited to like, socionics MBTI and Keirsey?

    I know that people know about MBTI, but I haven't observed it "growing" or anything.
    That was a typo, I just fixed it . I haven't observed it generally growing either, just hearing it in a common place like a bus made me think it is gaining momentum. I think it's being introduced to the education system as a viable personality system and students are being tested to see which career would fit them best.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  8. #8
    Cat King Cole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Posts
    736
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This upsets me.
    Know I'm mistyped?


    Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

    DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

  9. #9
    Bananas are good. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Rift
    TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,632
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat King Cole View Post
    This upsets me.
    Me too. Mainly because if it's true, that's a billion more idiots using a shitty four-dichotomy system.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

    Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

    For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

    -Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

  10. #10
    Cat King Cole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Posts
    736
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    At least the Big 5 is scientific and actually testable. I suppose it loses out in popularity because it uses ordinary-language labels like "emotionally stable" or "easily upset", whereas MBTI appeals to systemising and sorting instincts.

    Know I'm mistyped?


    Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

    DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

  11. #11
    함부로 애틋하게 Kierva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    TIM
    3w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    228
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    And then we have idiots talking about how they're more E/I and then there are people separating the dichotomies.

    "Oh I'm more E than I so I am an extrovert." >.>"

    Then the N elitism would be brought out IRL.

    "HAHA you lowly sensors" >.>"
    언제나.

  12. #12
    Cat King Cole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Posts
    736
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The N elitism already exists. It's called "arrogant intellectuals".
    Know I'm mistyped?


    Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

    DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

  13. #13
    Arete GuavaDrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Now in stores near you.
    TIM
    EIE 9w8-5-4 s?
    Posts
    1,524
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    I think it's being introduced to the education system as a viable personality system and students are being tested to see which career would fit them best.
    What an astonishingly, frightfully bad idea.
    Reason is a whore.

  14. #14
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,704
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    I think it's being introduced to the education system as a viable personality system and students are being tested to see which career would fit them best.
    What an astonishingly, frightfully bad idea.
    Haha yeah, I remember one teen saying he was ENTJ and that he would be best working in management. The fact that he looked like a skater punk made me chuckle.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  15. #15
    silke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Posts
    3,814
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    ... just hearing it in a common place like a bus made me think it is gaining momentum.
    Some teachers give MBTI tests to their students and any decent campus is going to have a career service center of some kind that will have MBTI and alike tests available for students. MBTI w/ its 16 types has been around for a long while and got lots of material published on subject matter, so it's really not any new kind of momentum (*takes a Ni extinguisher and sprays Traveler's Ne with it* )

  16. #16
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,704
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    ... just hearing it in a common place like a bus made me think it is gaining momentum.
    Some teachers give MBTI tests to their students and any decent campus is going to have a career service center of some kind that will have MBTI and alike tests available for students. MBTI w/ its 16 types has been around for a long while and got lots of material published on subject matter, so it's really not any new kind of momentum (*takes a Ni extinguisher and sprays Traveler's Ne with it* )
    How dare you extinguish my ?

    A communications course I took had taught MBTI to its students, but our class ended up getting taught color personalities.
    Last edited by Raver; 07-27-2011 at 09:17 AM.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  17. #17
    함부로 애틋하게 Kierva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    TIM
    3w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    228
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat King Cole View Post
    At least the Big 5 is scientific and actually testable. I suppose it loses out in popularity because it uses ordinary-language labels like "emotionally stable" or "easily upset", whereas MBTI appeals to systemising and sorting instincts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat King Cole View Post
    The N elitism already exists. It's called "arrogant intellectuals".
    What if you have the mistyped Ns who spike their answers and then go off rubbing in people's faces that they're "N"s?
    언제나.

  18. #18
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat King Cole View Post
    At least the Big 5 is scientific and actually testable.
    Why do you think MBTI isn't scientific and testable too? Do you have a source for that?

    I've once posted a thread with all the difference scientific journals and tests and wellknown professors who've worked on it. It's the same as big 5. I actually think it has been tested more.

  19. #19
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,728
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    When I say 16 types, I don't mean the forum
    Then shouldn't that be, "Are 16 types...?"

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  20. #20
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Then shouldn't that be, "Are 16 types...?"
    Which 16 did you have in mind?

  21. #21
    ILE - ENTp 1981slater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Spain
    TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Posts
    4,866
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Then shouldn't that be, "Are 16 types...?"
    Which 16 did you have in mind?
    Gasol

    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

    To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

  22. #22
    Hiding Typhon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Valhalla
    TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Posts
    2,645
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    When I say 16 types, I don't mean the forum, but the root idea of 16 personality types of four letters, which would include socionics, MBTI and Jung's functions. A few days ago I overheard some teenagers talking about it in the bus like it was common knowledge and it caught me off guard because I felt that it was an esoteric-like knowledge to be aware of the 16 personality types. Anyone else noticing this trend?
    I think you have your thoughts confused.

  23. #23
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Aren't personality typologies based on four letters and 16 personality types limited to like, socionics MBTI and Keirsey?

    I know that people know about MBTI, but I haven't observed it "growing" or anything.
    That was a typo, I just fixed it . I haven't observed it generally growing either, just hearing it in a common place like a bus made me think it is gaining momentum. I think it's being introduced to the education system as a viable personality system and students are being tested to see which career would fit them best.
    Actually the way i got introduced to MBTI was i had to take a formal MBTI test before i showed up for med school orientation. Didn't seem like they really used it for any career guidance or anything. If they did it was only very peripheral, to my knowledge. I personally think every type is capable of most careers; each type brings a unique strength and perspective to the table.

    I'm not sure how useful MBTI typing is for career guidance, but I do think that socionic intertypes could be very useful in assigning people to functional teams that work well together, teach one another a great deal, and bond well. It would be a rewarding and productive experience for everyone.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    252
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would say its becoming more popular but it isn't really catching on. More people know about it now but typology as a hobby isnt becoming more popular. The only reason its becoming more well known is due to using the MBTI as a career test in schools and some companies making workers take it.

  25. #25
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,704
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    When I say 16 types, I don't mean the forum, but the root idea of 16 personality types of four letters, which would include socionics, MBTI and Jung's functions. A few days ago I overheard some teenagers talking about it in the bus like it was common knowledge and it caught me off guard because I felt that it was an esoteric-like knowledge to be aware of the 16 personality types. Anyone else noticing this trend?
    I think you have your thoughts confused.
    The goal was to try not to confuse other people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    When I say 16 types, I don't mean the forum
    Then shouldn't that be, "Are 16 types...?"
    Yes, it won't let me change it though.

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I'm not sure how useful MBTI typing is for career guidance, but I do think that socionic intertypes could be very useful in assigning people to functional teams that work well together, teach one another a great deal, and bond well. It would be a rewarding and productive experience for everyone.
    That sounds like a good idea, though I could see how some would complain it would cause quadra segregation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sumer1an View Post
    I would say its becoming more popular but it isn't really catching on. More people know about it now but typology as a hobby isnt becoming more popular. The only reason its becoming more well known is due to using the MBTI as a career test in schools and some companies making workers take it.
    I generally agree with you, but I think the fact that it is becoming more well known will inevitably result in more people taking it up as a hobby even if its a very small percentage.
    Last edited by Raver; 07-27-2011 at 08:39 PM.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  26. #26
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post

    That sounds like a good idea, though I could see how some would complain it would cause quadra segregation.
    True. I dont know if people would really complain about it necessarily, because it would probably be pleasant, but the question is, is it really a good thing to segregate quadras? I feel that part of my training was learning to get along with people of all sorts of personalities even if we didn't necessarily mesh naturally well.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  27. #27
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,704
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post

    That sounds like a good idea, though I could see how some would complain it would cause quadra segregation.
    True. I dont know if people would really complain about it necessarily, because it would probably be pleasant, but the question is, is it really a good thing to segregate quadras? I feel that part of my training was learning to get along with people of all sorts of personalities even if we didn't necessarily mesh naturally well.
    Yeah, it has its plusses and minuses. Like having groups of four with one of each type would be a very pleasant experience indeed. However, it could spoil people into thinking that their relations with people should always be positive.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  28. #28
    Arete GuavaDrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Now in stores near you.
    TIM
    EIE 9w8-5-4 s?
    Posts
    1,524
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Yeah, it has its plusses and minuses. Like having groups of four with one of each type would be a very pleasant experience indeed. However, it could spoil people into thinking that their relations with people should always be positive.
    Meh, surely people would have had a school history before being spoilt by their workplace. Theories aren't widespread and trusted enough to apply them in schools at more than an amateur level. Also work places require people's expertise before their social meshing, so working with irritating people has a stable future. And thirdly type isn't a guarrantee of getting on with people, or even finding them nice or interesting. Social strife might be reduced, but certainly not eradicated.
    Last edited by GuavaDrunk; 07-27-2011 at 09:40 PM. Reason: typo
    Reason is a whore.

  29. #29
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,704
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Yeah, it has its plusses and minuses. Like having groups of four with one of each type would be a very pleasant experience indeed. However, it could spoil people into thinking that their relations with people should always be positive.
    Meh, surely people would have had a school history before being spoilt by their workplace. Theories aren't widespread and trusted enough to apply them in schools at more than an amateur level. Also work places require people's expertise before their scocial meshing, so working with irritating people has a stable future. And thirdly type isn't a guarrantee of getting on with people, or even finding them nice or interesting. Social strife might be reduced, but certainly not eradicated.
    I agree.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  30. #30
    <something> Wynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a Hill
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    3,910
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We learned MBTI in high school and we did it again in my office place. The office place was rather lols since I knew more about MBTI than the person who was supposed to be teaching me about it.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

    Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

  31. #31
    Marie84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    2,359
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    MBTI is semi-well known (I think at least) and as Vero mentioned some schools dabble in it, and I've heard of employers using it to assess potential and current employees
    In the West, at least, MBTI seems to be fairly popular, there are far more forums, sites and active users involved in it than Socionics ones. But Socionics in Russia seems to have a fairly decent following (judging by the forums I've seen) although I don't know how popular it is as a whole over there.

    Discussions on Model A also seem to be more dominating in the Russia communities (from what I've seen) than they are in Western forums (this place, Socionix, Socionics.com) where there tends to be a lot of incorporating of MBTI/Jung/other theories that are puppeted as Socionics.
    I think it could be because we still use the Jungian 4 letter dichotomies (ex: we call an SLI ISTp, they call them SLI or Gabin) which probably causes confusion for people coming from the MBTI/Jung understanding which as I mentioned is far more prevalent over here (The West)
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

  32. #32
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I did MBTI tests at both high school and university careers centres, and that was over 6 years ago. And I remember there being plenty of MBTI-type tests being posted on LiveJournal back then, so I wouldn't be surprised if high school kids were sharing their results on Facebook these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  33. #33
    Samuel the Gabriel H. MisterNi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, USA.
    TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Posts
    1,131
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    Discussions on Model A also seem to be more dominating in the Russia communities (from what I've seen) than they are in Western forums (this place, Socionix, Socionics.com) where there tends to be a lot of incorporating of MBTI/Jung/other theories that are puppeted as Socionics.
    I think it could be because we still use the Jungian 4 letter dichotomies (ex: we call an SLI ISTp, they call them SLI or Gabin) which probably causes confusion for people coming from the MBTI/Jung understanding which as I mentioned is far more prevalent over here (The West)
    I think Socionics development has pretty much stopped here at the 16types and perhaps in the West altogether. Everyone either knows Model A well enough to type themselves and the people in their life, or they can browse past threads. It's unfortunate that some of the more advanced theories were lost in past forum and Wiki purges but unless there's a sustained Alpha Revival, the old development days are over for a while.

    Also, I personally like the 4 letter codes better as it's more easy to relate to for someone coming from MBTI unlike the 3 letter code words that're phonetically confusing with unrelated English words.
    Last edited by MisterNi; 07-28-2011 at 07:58 AM.

    IEE Ne Creative Type

    Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

  34. #34
    Cat King Cole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Posts
    736
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    However, it could spoil people into thinking that their relations with people should always be positive.
    This isn't the case? I mean some people you're forced into contact with aren't going to be pleasant to deal with, but why would you relations with other people be a pain in the ass if you can control it? Definitely something I picked up from Socionics is I can just get rid of people I don't like from my life and be happier for it.
    Know I'm mistyped?


    Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

    DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

  35. #35
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,704
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat King Cole View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    However, it could spoil people into thinking that their relations with people should always be positive.
    This isn't the case? I mean some people you're forced into contact with aren't going to be pleasant to deal with, but why would you relations with other people be a pain in the ass if you can control it? Definitely something I picked up from Socionics is I can just get rid of people I don't like from my life and be happier for it.
    I mostly agree with what you're saying, but I think even socionics is limited in its ability to do this. For example, you may find people in your own quadra that are not the most pleasant people to be around with period. However, generally speaking it can help you by recognizing which people would appreciate your strengths and which ones would be repulsed by them.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  36. #36
    Samuel the Gabriel H. MisterNi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, USA.
    TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Posts
    1,131
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat King Cole View Post

    This isn't the case? I mean some people you're forced into contact with aren't going to be pleasant to deal with, but why would you relations with other people be a pain in the ass if you can control it? Definitely something I picked up from Socionics is I can just get rid of people I don't like from my life and be happier for it.
    I mostly agree with what you're saying, but I think even socionics is limited in its ability to do this. For example, you may find people in your own quadra that are not the most pleasant people to be around with period. However, generally speaking it can help you by recognizing which people would appreciate your strengths and which ones would be repulsed by them.
    I've found this to be untrue. I've recently met an LII and an SEI both of whom I share absolutely no background with and I can communicate with and seemingly get along with both of them very easily. If you're finding that you don't like people in your quadra then you've either mistyped the people or yourself...or there's some other underlying issue.

    IEE Ne Creative Type

    Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

  37. #37
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,704
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterNi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post

    I mostly agree with what you're saying, but I think even socionics is limited in its ability to do this. For example, you may find people in your own quadra that are not the most pleasant people to be around with period. However, generally speaking it can help you by recognizing which people would appreciate your strengths and which ones would be repulsed by them.
    I've found this to be untrue. I've recently met an LII and an SEI both of whom I share absolutely no background with and I can communicate with and seemingly get along with both of them very easily. If you're finding that you don't like people in your quadra then you've either mistyped the people or yourself...or there's some other underlying issue.
    Generally speaking, I've actually got along quite well with people from my quadra. Most of the people I know though aren't from my quadra so it helps me understand why we don't get along as well. There have been a few rare exceptions where I did not get along with someone in my quadra, which was most likely something that was not socionics related.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  38. #38
    Samuel the Gabriel H. MisterNi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, USA.
    TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Posts
    1,131
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterNi View Post

    I've found this to be untrue. I've recently met an LII and an SEI both of whom I share absolutely no background with and I can communicate with and seemingly get along with both of them very easily. If you're finding that you don't like people in your quadra then you've either mistyped the people or yourself...or there's some other underlying issue.
    Generally speaking, I've actually got along quite well with people from my quadra. Most of the people I know though aren't from my quadra so it helps me understand why we don't get along as well. There have been a few rare exceptions where I did not get along with someone in my quadra, which was most likely something that was not socionics related.
    Definitely something not socionics related.

    IEE Ne Creative Type

    Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

  39. #39
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,704
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterNi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post

    Generally speaking, I've actually got along quite well with people from my quadra. Most of the people I know though aren't from my quadra so it helps me understand why we don't get along as well. There have been a few rare exceptions where I did not get along with someone in my quadra, which was most likely something that was not socionics related.
    Definitely something not socionics related.
    Yes and I've also had instances where I thought someone I didn't get along with was in my quadra, but turned out not to be from my quadra after gaining more knowledge of their personality.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  40. #40
    squark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,122
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oddly enough, I learned about MBTI from church, back when I was a kid and still went to church. . . about 1994/95. The whole congregation took the test. Next took it at a job. I don't know if it's getting more popular or not. I hope not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •