Thread: Socionics Eysenck Stability

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics Eysenck Stability

Is there a correlation between stability-instability of Eysenck's theory and Socionics Rationality/Irrationality?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    Neuroticism/Stability : Neuroticism or emotionality is characterized by high levels of negative affect such as depression and anxiety. Neuroticism, according to Eysenck's theory, is based on activation thresholds in the sympathetic nervous system or visceral brain. This is the part of the brain that is responsible for the fight-or-flight response in the face of danger. Activation can be measured by heart rate, blood pressure, cold hands, sweating and muscular tension (especially in the forehead). Neurotic people, who have low activation thresholds, and unable to inhibit or control their emotional reactions, experience negative affect (fight-or-flight) in the face of very minor stressors - they are easily nervous or upset. Emotionally stable people, who have high activation thresholds and good emotional control, experience negative affect only in the face of very major stressors - they are calm and collected under pressure.
    Not even close. Being base Se, Si, Ne, or Ni doesn't mean that one is neurotic, depressed, or anxious. Jung's dichotomies are meant to be value-neutral.

TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    Neuroticism/Stability : Neuroticism or emotionality is characterized by high levels of negative affect such as depression and anxiety. Neuroticism, according to Eysenck's theory, is based on activation thresholds in the sympathetic nervous system or visceral brain. This is the part of the brain that is responsible for the fight-or-flight response in the face of danger. Activation can be measured by heart rate, blood pressure, cold hands, sweating and muscular tension (especially in the forehead). Neurotic people, who have low activation thresholds, and unable to inhibit or control their emotional reactions, experience negative affect (fight-or-flight) in the face of very minor stressors - they are easily nervous or upset. Emotionally stable people, who have high activation thresholds and good emotional control, experience negative affect only in the face of very major stressors - they are calm and collected under pressure.
    Not even close. Being base Se, Si, Ne, or Ni doesn't mean that one is neurotic, depressed, or anxious. Jung's dichotomies are meant to be value-neutral.
    Yeah, that.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

If anything, I find more stable those individuals whose subtype is Dominant or Normalizing and more unstable to Creatives and Harmonizing subtypes. Therefore, Dominant Irrationals (N-SLE, for instance) are more stable than Creative rationals (H-EIE, for instance), IMO.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll kill you for saying that.

I'm so sorry. Please forgive me.

Bah!!! Who needs you! You're stupid!
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.