Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am Fi/Ne on the MBTI but Te/Ni on Socionics?!

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I am Fi/Ne on the MBTI but Te/Ni on Socionics?!

Hello,

I consistently test as an INFP on the MBTI. Of course you know that is Fi/Ne. However, I consistently test as Te/Ni on Socionics. These results are rather different from each other.

I like the Socionics system better, but I do not feel like a Te/Ni type of person. In particular, I do not seem to have the SuperEgo functions of the Te/Ni type. In that reguard, my SuperEgo seems to be like that of a Fi/Ne type.

I can see myself in the Fi/Ne type in socionics - I definitely have Se as PoLR! However, I think I VI as an ENTJ.

Anyway, have any of you tested far and away from your MBTI type? Have you found the "socionics type assistant" gave you an odd fit?
    Last edited by Saberstorm; 07-25-2011 at 04:49 PM.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    Hello,

I consistently test as an INFP on the MBTI. Of course you know that is Fi/Ne. However, I consistently test as Te/Ni on Socionics. These results are rather different from each other.

I like the Socionics system better, but I do not feel like a Te/Ni type of person. In particular, I do not seem to have the SuperEgo functions of the Te/Ni type. In that reguard, my SuperEgo seems to be like that of a Fi/Ne type.

I can see myself in the Fi/Ne type in socionics - I definitely have Se as PoLR! However, I think I VI as an ENTJ.

Anyway, have any of you tested far and away from your MBTI type? Have you found the "socionics type assistant" gave you an odd fit?
    socionics tests aren't very accurate yet.

If you are quite certain you are Introverted Intuitive, Feeler, and Perceiver, than you are most likely also the same in socionics = IEI.

Also, ignore MBTI functions completely, they are flawed. However their dichotomies are pretty much the same as socionics.

There is a pretty big difference between being an INFP or ENTJ.
    Probably the best question I can ask you is, are you more of a leisure seeking person, or are you ambitious and really hard working.

INFP are somewhat idealistic loners, clowns and soft hearted people, although some can have cruel humor. The typical hippie. ENTJ's are business go go go people, direct, often arrogant, talkative, dominant. The typical CEO.

Just my exaggarated way of explaining things... '-)

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello,

My opinion is as follows:

1. There is no good test for socionics. The socionics type assistant on socionics.com just gives me my MBTI type usually; actually i usually come out INFj/p on it, which straddles a type in my quadra as well as a type in my opposing quadra. That in and of itself sort of invalidates the test imo.

2. The functions in MBTI vs socionics differ in what they describe even though the abbreviations and terms used are the same.

3. How do you know you have Se as POLR? is it because you have weak Se? If so, it could also be Se-DS or Se-HA, which would be the case for a gamma NT.

4. What's a Te/Ni "type" of person in your view? A Te/Ni person still values Fi very much so being Te/Ni wouldn't obviate Fi as a valued function. However, if Te/Ni is what you got using the socionics type assistant, I recommend ignoring that result and just starting from scratch in obtaining your socionic type.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post

socionics tests aren't very accurate yet.

If you are quite certain you are Introverted Intuitive, Feeler, and Perceiver, than you are most likely also the same in socionics = IEI.

Also, ignore MBTI functions completely, they are flawed. However their dichotomies are pretty much the same as socionics.

There is a pretty big difference between being an INFP or ENTJ.
    Probably the best question I can ask you is, are you more of a leisure seeking person, or are you ambitious and really hard working.

INFP are somewhat idealistic loners, clowns and soft hearted people, although some can have cruel humor. The typical hippie. ENTJ's are business go go go people, direct, often arrogant, talkative, dominant. The typical CEO.

Just my exaggarated way of explaining things... '-)
    funny, i always think of the typical CEO as ESTp.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The typical CEO could be any ExTx type, although probably the characterization "business go go go people, direct, often arrogant, talkative, dominant" is correct from an external POV. I have seen my identicals in action, and they look more direct and dominant than I perceive myself to be, so I wouldn't trust any self-description. A third party could never confuse an INFp for an ENTj.

Saber, you shouldn't look at the superego functional descriptions, if you want to determine your sociotype. Check out some behavioral and physical descriptions, those at socionics.com should suffice. Anyway, if you say you VI as ENTj, please post a picture. Plus, you might ask some people if the ENTj description fits more than the INFp one. For the record, I used to score as ENTx in MBTI wiht 50/50 j/p split.

Se PoLR: ENTjs don't typically come across as having "weak Se", since behavioral traits of Te can often be similar (both are well-defined, external functions). Si PoLR is clearer, especially in their choice of clothing etc.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello,

Which tests have you been taking? Most of them are pretty bad, so you may want to start over from the beginning, lol.

pics plz thx

I test consistently as INFJ>INFP>ENFJ, almost never ENFP though.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a pic.

I will leave this photo on here for a little while, then delete it. How long do I have to edit this post before it becomes permanent?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I consistently test as an INFP on the MBTI. Of course you know that is Fi/Ne.
    I know no such thing.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

a pic.

I will leave this photo on here for a little while, then delete it. How long do I have to edit this post before it becomes permanent?
    You look older than you act. You also look Ej imo.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a pic.

Posts on here never become permanent, you can edit them any time you want.

Any larger pics? That one's too small for anything VI-wise.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bigger pics

The top picture is me returning home from a new years eve party, and I am a bit drunk. The second pic is me at work, looking serious (a common face for me.) I snapped that second picture because my boss thought I was too serious.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome Sabrestorm. Where are our manners?
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I work at an art museum. I do customer service. I have next to no real responsibilities. I have been getting in trouble for spacing out. The job is too easy.

I really hate the idea of doing management at the museum. The pay is not good and there is next to no place for the intuition. Everything is about setting up banquets, arranging security, dealing with people's work schedules. The "horizon line" for the intuition is no deeper than next month, it is a pure sensors job.

The real power of the museum is not in operations management, it is with the curators. The curatorial side of the museum is for academics. I could fit in there. But it would be hard to get a break. Here is my plan.

I am applying for a PhD program in interdisciplinary psychology, philosophy and management. I hate the idea of that too, but I intend it as a feint. As a feint, I plan on asking the Museum CEO for a letter of recommendation. He is a PhD in philosophy, specifically the philosophy of aesthetics. To get it I will show him some of my ideas on how the philosophy of aesthetics can be used to create a "value structure for action" - a dichotomous approach to shaping goals during long term planning. The object is to be a comprehensive strategist - one that encourages the imagination of the staff while not losing sight of the details.

My goal is to create a value structure that allows for zany ideas, strategy, and the practical to co-exist.

I must do this. I am deeply unhappy. My body aches from the boredom. I am at the end of my rope. I will tell you guys more about my research in another post. I have a hard time focusing at work because my duties are so void of any requirement for creative agency.

After I introduce myself to the CEO by seeking his academic recommendation, I want to work as his strategic assistant, then dump the PhD crap, and then jump into another company. That is kind of ENTj like.

However, I am also a fiction writer. I want to get a job that allows me the independence that I can (perhaps without my bosses permission) occasionally drift into a dream world. With an office, I should be able to write a few chapters and nobody will know I am doing fiction. That is kind of INFj like.

I was a totally spaced creative guy when I was younger. I am somewhat immature for my depth of insight and leadership ability, I have no friends my age. I date girls 13 years younger, all of my friends are at least 4 to 15 years younger. I want to use my leadership skills to start a video game company someday - I want to turn my novels into fantastic adventures. Sort of INFj-ish.

I think I am an atypical ENTJ, one with unusual imaginative powers. Or maybe not. I could be an atypical INFj with unsual powers of system building with a focus on practical actions. It is hard to say.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well you don't VI as or sound like INFj by any stretch. Something Ni maybe, but nothing I'm set on atm.

What you said "creating a value structure" sound interesting/somewhat-type-relevant. Could you explain it a bit? Not necessarily what the structure is exactly, but more how you'd go about making it.

I'm sorry to hear about your work situation too :/

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The value structure would be aimed at the governing board first. Its object is to align the organization to its investors/donors, and to do so comprehensively.

I would create it through a Socratic dialogue …from this dialogue, I would establish departmental mandates; what I mean by mandate is a kind of passion to achieve something meaningful to the whole. After these mandates are clarified, the value structure would be maintained through continuous debriefing, ferreting through what had happened as so to place actions into a larger (and comprehensive) context.

What is comprehensive? A value structure should avoid doing what committees do. Committees tend to advocate the agenda of the members on the committee. The committee therefore rules the roost. You must approach being comprehensive so that each department is critiqued by the structure. What you want is a way that product driven details can find a place amid the financial aspects, and so the plant operations has a place too, but it is a place to be judged. It is to be a touchstone.

After it is a touchstone, it would become a manifold - the attachment point for the executives to bring forth action. Insightful reflection becomes knowledge, knowledge becomes a capability, a capability becomes action.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    What about INTj?
    STOP YOUR BRAIN MANIPULATION BULLSHIT YOU CAN'T CONTROL ME

but yeah I can easily see Ti ego from what you say about this value system. The idea that one can create a value structure feels very artificial and cold to me.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has a bit of Jimbeanness to him. Reminds me somewhat of a guy who I can't place between LII and EII.

What about Se PoLR do you identify with?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, by value, I don't mean personal value. I mean point or node of significance. Value means weight in this context.

But I do this stuff more as a escape from being a sensor. I think of myself as being less logical than a Ti type. The logic is a robe, it is not my skin.

If I am Ni, then I should be with a strong Te or Fe.

If I am Ti, then I should have a strong Ne.

If I am Fi, then I should have a strong Ne also.

I think my problem is that I have a strong Ni, a strong Ne, a strong Ti and a strong Fi. This makes me hard to type.

Why should I need a type? It would be useful, like a mirror. I could see my subconscious - I could prepare for my shortcomings. I am hard to type.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, by value, I don't mean personal value. I mean point or node of significance. Value means weight in this context.

But I do this stuff more as a escape from being a sensor. I think of myself as being less logical than a Ti type. The logic is a robe, it is not my skin.

If I am Ni, then I should be with a strong Te or Fe.

If I am Ti, then I should have a strong Ne.

If I am Fi, then I should have a strong Ne also.

I think my problem is that I have a strong Ni, a strong Ne, a strong Ti and a strong Fi. This makes me hard to type.

Why should I need a type? It would be useful, like a mirror. I could see my subconscious - I could prepare for my shortcomings. I am hard to type.
    Well the way you speak wouldn't have me think you're any Fi ego. You generally seem more straightforward and emotionally removed from what you're talking about.

I'm coming to think that Ti = Logic and Logic = Ti is a big misnomer. Your value structure, even though I initially mistook 'value' as personal value, still sounds like a Ti-esque construct to me. See if you connect with this post at all:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...25&postcount=9

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is Jimbeanness?

Anyway, I get lost in thought a lot at work. But I do have quite a bit of free time.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, Jimbean is another user on the site. Haven't seen him post in a while though.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am very serious when I am thinking, but very friendly when I am not. When I am in the here and now, I am quite charming. But then I drift off into deep reflection and become quite sober again.

I do relate to that single post.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am very serious when I am thinking, but very friendly when I am not. When I am in the here and now, I am quite charming. But then I drift off into deep reflection and become quite sober again.
    That sounds par for the course with introverts. Do you connect with the nature of the reflection that MysticSonic described? Specifically this portion:

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    I normally perceive matters through what I am thinking about, and often have a lens of perception that is ultimately tied to whatever subject matter seems to be of most interest to me at the time, whether it be an idea I recently learnt, or how people seem to be behaving and how it is effecting me, all ultimately depending on the environment I'm in at the time

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes. (To Galen, not octopussy)

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes. (To Galen, not octopussy)
    Interesting. That would lead me to think at least IXTj. You don't seem Se ego from your pictures, so INTj could work.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I often feel as if I have a ton of Ni? That would be the INTj's 8th demonstrative function, correct?

What would that look like?

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I often feel as if I have a ton of Ni? That would be the INTj's 8th demonstrative function, correct?

What would that look like?
    Well that depends on how you understand Ni. What do you see Ni as?

And yes, that would be INXj's demonstrative function.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a powerful imagination, like a surround sound theater. People really notice it. I dream up all kinds of stuff. It is like I can create my own hologram around me.

I often have a hard time expressing certain thoughts, and people on various MBTI / socionics forums always say that they see that I am expressing kind of uncontrolled Ni, an vaugely developed perspective or angle on something. It is just them, maybe. Maybe it is a weak feeling function...

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I am a Lii, then what does my dual, the ESFJ look like.

MBTI style ESFJ's I find extremely annoying. My manager at work is one, he drives me nuts. We are not at all compatible.

Are Socionics ESFJ's different?

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a powerful imagination, like a surround sound theater. People really notice it. I dream up all kinds of stuff. It is like I can create my own hologram around me.

I often have a hard time expressing certain thoughts, and people on various MBTI / socionics forums always say that they see that I am expressing kind of uncontrolled Ni, an vaugely developed perspective or angle on something. It is just them, maybe. Maybe it is a weak feeling function...
    These are all things I've found Ne egos to be proficient in, so I wouldn't hold that to be the sole domain of Ni.

If I am a Lii, then what does my dual, the ESFJ look like.

MBTI style ESFJ's I find extremely annoying. My manager at work is one, he drives me nuts. We are not at all compatible.

Are Socionics ESFJ's different?
    Check it out for yourself

http://gallery.socionix.com/Alpha/Fe-ESFj/
    http://gallery.socionix.com/Alpha/Si-ESFj/

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The value structure would be aimed at the governing board first. Its object is to align the organization to its investors/donors, and to do so comprehensively.

I would create it through a Socratic dialogue …from this dialogue, I would establish departmental mandates; what I mean by mandate is a kind of passion to achieve something meaningful to the whole. After these mandates are clarified, the value structure would be maintained through continuous debriefing, ferreting through what had happened as so to place actions into a larger (and comprehensive) context.

What is comprehensive? A value structure should avoid doing what committees do. Committees tend to advocate the agenda of the members on the committee. The committee therefore rules the roost. You must approach being comprehensive so that each department is critiqued by the structure. What you want is a way that product driven details can find a place amid the financial aspects, and so the plant operations has a place too, but it is a place to be judged. It is to be a touchstone.

After it is a touchstone, it would become a manifold - the attachment point for the executives to bring forth action. Insightful reflection becomes knowledge, knowledge becomes a capability, a capability becomes action.
    This sounds like some big time stuff to me first and foremost, with the massive internal structures, Socratic stuff, and all that... I'm getting loads of from you...

I want to set you at either Ti-LSI or Ti-LII, with an edge towards LSI due to me wanting to set you as a Positivist, as well as me picking up some vague hints of / valuing in what you wrote...
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Ti-LSI is more the intended audience of my theorizing. I am writing this for them to back me up. I am writing these ideas to sell them to LSI's!

The Ti might be legitimately me. The sensing component is affected. It is good that you see LSI in it. That means I might be able to push this stuff through the system.

I might be able to make people think I am an LSI, which could protect me! I could go far with that act!

This value structure might be my big break. Tons of LSI's in management.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yes, I also test on the Socionics Type Assitant as an ENTp. They are positivists.

The ENTp is very similar to the INTj, being Ne/Ti type not a Ti/Ne type. I test ENTp about as often as I test ENTj. I like ISFp girls a bit more than ESFj girls...

At least I think I do... got to double check the pictures.
    Last edited by Saberstorm; 07-26-2011 at 05:57 AM.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I confirm, ISFp chicks are hot in that very special way that I crave!

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know. I have a thing for girls that seem ISFp-ish. I'll start a different thread on them later.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that I am alpha. But I must say, I really like all you deltas! Thanks for talking with me!

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that I am alpha. But I must say, I really like all you deltas! Thanks for talking with me!
    lol no problem. You seem like a well-meaning guy, so don't screw that up and you'll be fine.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How/why would I screw it up?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I confirm, ISFp chicks are hot in that very special way that I crave!
    This is what I said too. But times they a change.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jewry . Would you say that Alpha is a disease?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast