Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 45

Thread: I am Fi/Ne on the MBTI but Te/Ni on Socionics?!

  1. #1
    Local Hero Saberstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Isle of Man
    TIM
    Robespierre
    Posts
    2,064
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default I am Fi/Ne on the MBTI but Te/Ni on Socionics?!

    Hello,

    I consistently test as an INFP on the MBTI. Of course you know that is Fi/Ne. However, I consistently test as Te/Ni on Socionics. These results are rather different from each other.

    I like the Socionics system better, but I do not feel like a Te/Ni type of person. In particular, I do not seem to have the SuperEgo functions of the Te/Ni type. In that reguard, my SuperEgo seems to be like that of a Fi/Ne type.

    I can see myself in the Fi/Ne type in socionics - I definitely have Se as PoLR! However, I think I VI as an ENTJ.

    Anyway, have any of you tested far and away from your MBTI type? Have you found the "socionics type assistant" gave you an odd fit?
    Last edited by Saberstorm; 07-25-2011 at 05:49 PM.

  2. #2
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    Hello,

    I consistently test as an INFP on the MBTI. Of course you know that is Fi/Ne. However, I consistently test as Te/Ni on Socionics. These results are rather different from each other.

    I like the Socionics system better, but I do not feel like a Te/Ni type of person. In particular, I do not seem to have the SuperEgo functions of the Te/Ni type. In that reguard, my SuperEgo seems to be like that of a Fi/Ne type.

    I can see myself in the Fi/Ne type in socionics - I definitely have Se as PoLR! However, I think I VI as an ENTJ.

    Anyway, have any of you tested far and away from your MBTI type? Have you found the "socionics type assistant" gave you an odd fit?
    socionics tests aren't very accurate yet.

    If you are quite certain you are Introverted Intuitive, Feeler, and Perceiver, than you are most likely also the same in socionics = IEI.

    Also, ignore MBTI functions completely, they are flawed. However their dichotomies are pretty much the same as socionics.

    There is a pretty big difference between being an INFP or ENTJ.
    Probably the best question I can ask you is, are you more of a leisure seeking person, or are you ambitious and really hard working.

    INFP are somewhat idealistic loners, clowns and soft hearted people, although some can have cruel humor. The typical hippie. ENTJ's are business go go go people, direct, often arrogant, talkative, dominant. The typical CEO.

    Just my exaggarated way of explaining things... '-)

  3. #3
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    Hello,

    I consistently test as an INFP on the MBTI. Of course you know that is Fi/Ne. However, I consistently test as Te/Ni on Socionics. These results are rather different from each other.

    I like the Socionics system better, but I do not feel like a Te/Ni type of person. In particular, I do not seem to have the SuperEgo functions of the Te/Ni type. In that reguard, my SuperEgo seems to be like that of a Fi/Ne type.

    I can see myself in the Fi/Ne type in socionics - I definitely have Se as PoLR! However, I think I VI as an ENTJ.

    Anyway, have any of you tested far and away from your MBTI type? Have you found the "socionics type assistant" gave you an odd fit?

    My opinion is as follows:

    1. There is no good test for socionics. The socionics type assistant on socionics.com just gives me my MBTI type usually; actually i usually come out INFj/p on it, which straddles a type in my quadra as well as a type in my opposing quadra. That in and of itself sort of invalidates the test imo.

    2. The functions in MBTI vs socionics differ in what they describe even though the abbreviations and terms used are the same.

    3. How do you know you have Se as POLR? is it because you have weak Se? If so, it could also be Se-DS or Se-HA, which would be the case for a gamma NT.

    4. What's a Te/Ni "type" of person in your view? A Te/Ni person still values Fi very much so being Te/Ni wouldn't obviate Fi as a valued function. However, if Te/Ni is what you got using the socionics type assistant, I recommend ignoring that result and just starting from scratch in obtaining your socionic type.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  4. #4
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post

    socionics tests aren't very accurate yet.

    If you are quite certain you are Introverted Intuitive, Feeler, and Perceiver, than you are most likely also the same in socionics = IEI.

    Also, ignore MBTI functions completely, they are flawed. However their dichotomies are pretty much the same as socionics.

    There is a pretty big difference between being an INFP or ENTJ.
    Probably the best question I can ask you is, are you more of a leisure seeking person, or are you ambitious and really hard working.

    INFP are somewhat idealistic loners, clowns and soft hearted people, although some can have cruel humor. The typical hippie. ENTJ's are business go go go people, direct, often arrogant, talkative, dominant. The typical CEO.

    Just my exaggarated way of explaining things... '-)
    funny, i always think of the typical CEO as ESTp.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  5. #5
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,626
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The typical CEO could be any ExTx type, although probably the characterization "business go go go people, direct, often arrogant, talkative, dominant" is correct from an external POV. I have seen my identicals in action, and they look more direct and dominant than I perceive myself to be, so I wouldn't trust any self-description. A third party could never confuse an INFp for an ENTj.

    Saber, you shouldn't look at the superego functional descriptions, if you want to determine your sociotype. Check out some behavioral and physical descriptions, those at socionics.com should suffice. Anyway, if you say you VI as ENTj, please post a picture. Plus, you might ask some people if the ENTj description fits more than the INFp one. For the record, I used to score as ENTx in MBTI wiht 50/50 j/p split.

    Se PoLR: ENTjs don't typically come across as having "weak Se", since behavioral traits of Te can often be similar (both are well-defined, external functions). Si PoLR is clearer, especially in their choice of clothing etc.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  6. #6
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    Hello,

    I consistently test as an INFP on the MBTI. Of course you know that is Fi/Ne. However, I consistently test as Te/Ni on Socionics. These results are rather different from each other.

    I like the Socionics system better, but I do not feel like a Te/Ni type of person. In particular, I do not seem to have the SuperEgo functions of the Te/Ni type. In that reguard, my SuperEgo seems to be like that of a Fi/Ne type.
    Which tests have you been taking? Most of them are pretty bad, so you may want to start over from the beginning, lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    I can see myself in the Fi/Ne type in socionics - I definitely have Se as PoLR! However, I think I VI as an ENTJ.
    pics plz thx

    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    Anyway, have any of you tested far and away from your MBTI type? Have you found the "socionics type assistant" gave you an odd fit?
    I test consistently as INFJ>INFP>ENFJ, almost never ENFP though.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  7. #7
    Local Hero Saberstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Isle of Man
    TIM
    Robespierre
    Posts
    2,064
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    a pic.



    I will leave this photo on here for a little while, then delete it. How long do I have to edit this post before it becomes permanent?

  8. #8
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,723
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    I consistently test as an INFP on the MBTI. Of course you know that is Fi/Ne.
    I know no such thing.

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  9. #9
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,723
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    a pic.

    I will leave this photo on here for a little while, then delete it. How long do I have to edit this post before it becomes permanent?
    You look older than you act. You also look Ej imo.

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  10. #10
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    a pic.



    I will leave this photo on here for a little while, then delete it. How long do I have to edit this post before it becomes permanent?
    Posts on here never become permanent, you can edit them any time you want.

    Any larger pics? That one's too small for anything VI-wise.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  11. #11
    Local Hero Saberstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Isle of Man
    TIM
    Robespierre
    Posts
    2,064
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default





    Bigger pics

    The top picture is me returning home from a new years eve party, and I am a bit drunk. The second pic is me at work, looking serious (a common face for me.) I snapped that second picture because my boss thought I was too serious.

  12. #12
    without the nose Cyrano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio USA
    Posts
    1,021
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Welcome Sabrestorm. Where are our manners?
    ISTp
    SLI

    Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

  13. #13
    Local Hero Saberstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Isle of Man
    TIM
    Robespierre
    Posts
    2,064
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I work at an art museum. I do customer service. I have next to no real responsibilities. I have been getting in trouble for spacing out. The job is too easy.

    I really hate the idea of doing management at the museum. The pay is not good and there is next to no place for the intuition. Everything is about setting up banquets, arranging security, dealing with people's work schedules. The "horizon line" for the intuition is no deeper than next month, it is a pure sensors job.

    The real power of the museum is not in operations management, it is with the curators. The curatorial side of the museum is for academics. I could fit in there. But it would be hard to get a break. Here is my plan.

    I am applying for a PhD program in interdisciplinary psychology, philosophy and management. I hate the idea of that too, but I intend it as a feint. As a feint, I plan on asking the Museum CEO for a letter of recommendation. He is a PhD in philosophy, specifically the philosophy of aesthetics. To get it I will show him some of my ideas on how the philosophy of aesthetics can be used to create a "value structure for action" - a dichotomous approach to shaping goals during long term planning. The object is to be a comprehensive strategist - one that encourages the imagination of the staff while not losing sight of the details.

    My goal is to create a value structure that allows for zany ideas, strategy, and the practical to co-exist.

    I must do this. I am deeply unhappy. My body aches from the boredom. I am at the end of my rope. I will tell you guys more about my research in another post. I have a hard time focusing at work because my duties are so void of any requirement for creative agency.

    After I introduce myself to the CEO by seeking his academic recommendation, I want to work as his strategic assistant, then dump the PhD crap, and then jump into another company. That is kind of ENTj like.

    However, I am also a fiction writer. I want to get a job that allows me the independence that I can (perhaps without my bosses permission) occasionally drift into a dream world. With an office, I should be able to write a few chapters and nobody will know I am doing fiction. That is kind of INFj like.

    I was a totally spaced creative guy when I was younger. I am somewhat immature for my depth of insight and leadership ability, I have no friends my age. I date girls 13 years younger, all of my friends are at least 4 to 15 years younger. I want to use my leadership skills to start a video game company someday - I want to turn my novels into fantastic adventures. Sort of INFj-ish.

    I think I am an atypical ENTJ, one with unusual imaginative powers. Or maybe not. I could be an atypical INFj with unsual powers of system building with a focus on practical actions. It is hard to say.

  14. #14
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well you don't VI as or sound like INFj by any stretch. Something Ni maybe, but nothing I'm set on atm.

    What you said "creating a value structure" sound interesting/somewhat-type-relevant. Could you explain it a bit? Not necessarily what the structure is exactly, but more how you'd go about making it.

    I'm sorry to hear about your work situation too :/
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  15. #15
    Local Hero Saberstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Isle of Man
    TIM
    Robespierre
    Posts
    2,064
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The value structure would be aimed at the governing board first. Its object is to align the organization to its investors/donors, and to do so comprehensively.

    I would create it through a Socratic dialogue …from this dialogue, I would establish departmental mandates; what I mean by mandate is a kind of passion to achieve something meaningful to the whole. After these mandates are clarified, the value structure would be maintained through continuous debriefing, ferreting through what had happened as so to place actions into a larger (and comprehensive) context.

    What is comprehensive? A value structure should avoid doing what committees do. Committees tend to advocate the agenda of the members on the committee. The committee therefore rules the roost. You must approach being comprehensive so that each department is critiqued by the structure. What you want is a way that product driven details can find a place amid the financial aspects, and so the plant operations has a place too, but it is a place to be judged. It is to be a touchstone.

    After it is a touchstone, it would become a manifold - the attachment point for the executives to bring forth action. Insightful reflection becomes knowledge, knowledge becomes a capability, a capability becomes action.

  16. #16
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    What about INTj?
    STOP YOUR BRAIN MANIPULATION BULLSHIT YOU CAN'T CONTROL ME

    but yeah I can easily see Ti ego from what you say about this value system. The idea that one can create a value structure feels very artificial and cold to me.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  17. #17
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    He has a bit of Jimbeanness to him. Reminds me somewhat of a guy who I can't place between LII and EII.

    What about Se PoLR do you identify with?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  18. #18
    Local Hero Saberstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Isle of Man
    TIM
    Robespierre
    Posts
    2,064
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh, by value, I don't mean personal value. I mean point or node of significance. Value means weight in this context.

    But I do this stuff more as a escape from being a sensor. I think of myself as being less logical than a Ti type. The logic is a robe, it is not my skin.

    If I am Ni, then I should be with a strong Te or Fe.

    If I am Ti, then I should have a strong Ne.

    If I am Fi, then I should have a strong Ne also.


    I think my problem is that I have a strong Ni, a strong Ne, a strong Ti and a strong Fi. This makes me hard to type.

    Why should I need a type? It would be useful, like a mirror. I could see my subconscious - I could prepare for my shortcomings. I am hard to type.

  19. #19
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    Oh, by value, I don't mean personal value. I mean point or node of significance. Value means weight in this context.

    But I do this stuff more as a escape from being a sensor. I think of myself as being less logical than a Ti type. The logic is a robe, it is not my skin.

    If I am Ni, then I should be with a strong Te or Fe.

    If I am Ti, then I should have a strong Ne.

    If I am Fi, then I should have a strong Ne also.


    I think my problem is that I have a strong Ni, a strong Ne, a strong Ti and a strong Fi. This makes me hard to type.

    Why should I need a type? It would be useful, like a mirror. I could see my subconscious - I could prepare for my shortcomings. I am hard to type.
    Well the way you speak wouldn't have me think you're any Fi ego. You generally seem more straightforward and emotionally removed from what you're talking about.

    I'm coming to think that Ti = Logic and Logic = Ti is a big misnomer. Your value structure, even though I initially mistook 'value' as personal value, still sounds like a Ti-esque construct to me. See if you connect with this post at all:

    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...25&postcount=9
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  20. #20
    Local Hero Saberstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Isle of Man
    TIM
    Robespierre
    Posts
    2,064
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What is Jimbeanness?

    Anyway, I get lost in thought a lot at work. But I do have quite a bit of free time.

  21. #21
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh, Jimbean is another user on the site. Haven't seen him post in a while though.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  22. #22
    Local Hero Saberstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Isle of Man
    TIM
    Robespierre
    Posts
    2,064
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am very serious when I am thinking, but very friendly when I am not. When I am in the here and now, I am quite charming. But then I drift off into deep reflection and become quite sober again.

    I do relate to that single post.

  23. #23
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    I am very serious when I am thinking, but very friendly when I am not. When I am in the here and now, I am quite charming. But then I drift off into deep reflection and become quite sober again.
    That sounds par for the course with introverts. Do you connect with the nature of the reflection that MysticSonic described? Specifically this portion:

    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    I normally perceive matters through what I am thinking about, and often have a lens of perception that is ultimately tied to whatever subject matter seems to be of most interest to me at the time, whether it be an idea I recently learnt, or how people seem to be behaving and how it is effecting me, all ultimately depending on the environment I'm in at the time
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  24. #24
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Have you considered ILI?
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  25. #25
    Local Hero Saberstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Isle of Man
    TIM
    Robespierre
    Posts
    2,064
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yes. (To Galen, not octopussy)

  26. #26
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    yes. (To Galen, not octopussy)
    Interesting. That would lead me to think at least IXTj. You don't seem Se ego from your pictures, so INTj could work.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  27. #27
    Local Hero Saberstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Isle of Man
    TIM
    Robespierre
    Posts
    2,064
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    But I often feel as if I have a ton of Ni? That would be the INTj's 8th demonstrative function, correct?

    What would that look like?

  28. #28
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    But I often feel as if I have a ton of Ni? That would be the INTj's 8th demonstrative function, correct?

    What would that look like?
    Well that depends on how you understand Ni. What do you see Ni as?

    And yes, that would be INXj's demonstrative function.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  29. #29
    Local Hero Saberstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Isle of Man
    TIM
    Robespierre
    Posts
    2,064
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have a powerful imagination, like a surround sound theater. People really notice it. I dream up all kinds of stuff. It is like I can create my own hologram around me.

    I often have a hard time expressing certain thoughts, and people on various MBTI / socionics forums always say that they see that I am expressing kind of uncontrolled Ni, an vaugely developed perspective or angle on something. It is just them, maybe. Maybe it is a weak feeling function...

  30. #30
    Local Hero Saberstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Isle of Man
    TIM
    Robespierre
    Posts
    2,064
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If I am a Lii, then what does my dual, the ESFJ look like.

    MBTI style ESFJ's I find extremely annoying. My manager at work is one, he drives me nuts. We are not at all compatible.

    Are Socionics ESFJ's different?

  31. #31
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    I have a powerful imagination, like a surround sound theater. People really notice it. I dream up all kinds of stuff. It is like I can create my own hologram around me.

    I often have a hard time expressing certain thoughts, and people on various MBTI / socionics forums always say that they see that I am expressing kind of uncontrolled Ni, an vaugely developed perspective or angle on something. It is just them, maybe. Maybe it is a weak feeling function...
    These are all things I've found Ne egos to be proficient in, so I wouldn't hold that to be the sole domain of Ni.

    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    If I am a Lii, then what does my dual, the ESFJ look like.

    MBTI style ESFJ's I find extremely annoying. My manager at work is one, he drives me nuts. We are not at all compatible.

    Are Socionics ESFJ's different?
    Check it out for yourself

    http://gallery.socionix.com/Alpha/Fe-ESFj/
    http://gallery.socionix.com/Alpha/Si-ESFj/
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  32. #32
    ഗന᎕ᒹ ±ᗉᚔXᙂഗ woofwoofl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Southern Arizona
    TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Posts
    1,905
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    The value structure would be aimed at the governing board first. Its object is to align the organization to its investors/donors, and to do so comprehensively.

    I would create it through a Socratic dialogue …from this dialogue, I would establish departmental mandates; what I mean by mandate is a kind of passion to achieve something meaningful to the whole. After these mandates are clarified, the value structure would be maintained through continuous debriefing, ferreting through what had happened as so to place actions into a larger (and comprehensive) context.

    What is comprehensive? A value structure should avoid doing what committees do. Committees tend to advocate the agenda of the members on the committee. The committee therefore rules the roost. You must approach being comprehensive so that each department is critiqued by the structure. What you want is a way that product driven details can find a place amid the financial aspects, and so the plant operations has a place too, but it is a place to be judged. It is to be a touchstone.

    After it is a touchstone, it would become a manifold - the attachment point for the executives to bring forth action. Insightful reflection becomes knowledge, knowledge becomes a capability, a capability becomes action.
    This sounds like some big time stuff to me first and foremost, with the massive internal structures, Socratic stuff, and all that... I'm getting loads of from you...

    I want to set you at either Ti-LSI or Ti-LII, with an edge towards LSI due to me wanting to set you as a Positivist, as well as me picking up some vague hints of / valuing in what you wrote...

  33. #33
    Local Hero Saberstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Isle of Man
    TIM
    Robespierre
    Posts
    2,064
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The Ti-LSI is more the intended audience of my theorizing. I am writing this for them to back me up. I am writing these ideas to sell them to LSI's!

    The Ti might be legitimately me. The sensing component is affected. It is good that you see LSI in it. That means I might be able to push this stuff through the system.

    I might be able to make people think I am an LSI, which could protect me! I could go far with that act!

    This value structure might be my big break. Tons of LSI's in management.

  34. #34
    Local Hero Saberstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Isle of Man
    TIM
    Robespierre
    Posts
    2,064
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh yes, I also test on the Socionics Type Assitant as an ENTp. They are positivists.

    The ENTp is very similar to the INTj, being Ne/Ti type not a Ti/Ne type. I test ENTp about as often as I test ENTj. I like ISFp girls a bit more than ESFj girls...

    At least I think I do... got to double check the pictures.
    Last edited by Saberstorm; 07-26-2011 at 06:57 AM.

  35. #35
    Local Hero Saberstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Isle of Man
    TIM
    Robespierre
    Posts
    2,064
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes, I confirm, ISFp chicks are hot in that very special way that I crave!

  36. #36
    Local Hero Saberstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Isle of Man
    TIM
    Robespierre
    Posts
    2,064
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't know. I have a thing for girls that seem ISFp-ish. I'll start a different thread on them later.

  37. #37
    Local Hero Saberstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Isle of Man
    TIM
    Robespierre
    Posts
    2,064
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree that I am alpha. But I must say, I really like all you deltas! Thanks for talking with me!

  38. #38
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    I agree that I am alpha. But I must say, I really like all you deltas! Thanks for talking with me!
    lol no problem. You seem like a well-meaning guy, so don't screw that up and you'll be fine.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  39. #39
    Local Hero Saberstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Isle of Man
    TIM
    Robespierre
    Posts
    2,064
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How/why would I screw it up?

  40. #40
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    Yes, I confirm, ISFp chicks are hot in that very special way that I crave!
    This is what I said too. But times they a change.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •