Thread: EIEs/ENFjs: How do you experience Fe dominance?

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default EIEs/ENFjs: How do you experience Fe dominance?

How would you say you experience it? Always paying attention to and controlling the emotions in a group and exerting emotional pressure on people?

Rick had an interesting thought about subtype: creating subtypes simply are less externally active with their base function than the accepting subtype (his wording was "revved-up"). Nonetheless, regardless of how much you "use" it, its perceptions are still always on: e.g. Fi-IEEs don't really pay much attention to Fi (since it's their creative function, and a "tool"), even if they're not involving people in their Ne as much as Ne-IEEs.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My is always "on" yeah, but I would say its all about needing periodic emotional release. Emotions, expressed in units of time, that defines my mode of life, my rythm of life etc. I need to be around people and have relations with people. If not, Ill feel extremely dissatified with life, though usually this wouldnt happen since I always know which channels are open to using my . So I experience people and this causes emotion to build which then needs to be expressed around people again, either simply by me being dramatic or through a work of art. Some people dont understand this need for emotional release, but they dont appreciate the entertainment value it brings to the table, either. Theyre humorless fucktards.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cat King Cole View Post
    How would you say you experience it? Always paying attention to and controlling the emotions in a group and exerting emotional pressure on people?

Rick had an interesting thought about subtype: creating subtypes simply are less externally active with their base function than the accepting subtype (his wording was "revved-up"). Nonetheless, regardless of how much you "use" it, its perceptions are still always on: e.g. Fi-IEEs don't really pay much attention to Fi (since it's their creative function, and a "tool"), even if they're not involving people in their Ne as much as Ne-IEEs.
    what? i have no concept of him ever coming up with this theory. show me where this came from.

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aestrivex View Post

what? i have no concept of him ever coming up with this theory. show me where this came from.
    http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blo...73302558150131

Could be my misunderstanding though.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aestrivex View Post

http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blo...73302558150131

Could be my misunderstanding though.
    thanks. i think the emphasis in your description of what rick is saying is quite different from what he said and that as an overall explanation it was rather poor and misleading -- for instance, it has nothing to do with accepting/creating subtypes yet these were the terms in which you couched it, and the primary emphasis of what he's saying has nothing to do with structural aspects of model A yet you emphasize them here.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And your existence has nothing to do with human life yet you are allowed to live.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had no idea that was what I was doing. What would you say the correct interpretation is?
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How would you say you experience it?
    I have sort of an overwhelming need to entertain, to release my emotions and get a positive reaction. I mostly bottle this up, because the vast majority of people around me are unreceptive to my particular brand of hamminess and humor, but if I go too long without mounting some sort of performance I become depressed and steadily lose energy -- which is why I spend all of my time hamming it up and being alternatively belligerent and charming in forums.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    And your existence has nothing to do with human life yet you are allowed to live.
    fuck off, asshole

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I honestly don't see this emotive pressure to the same degree descriptions would suggest, esp with Ni-subs. overall EIEs are pretty much implicitly in control, they know when and how to give a certain expression, and at most will misdirect a reaction onto someone to irreverently make a point, or just get people more involved. overall Fe-subs are your classic EIE, nimbly moving across peoples' reactions to keep things in line; whereas Ni-subs are more reserved, absorbed in their experience of the situation. despite the added tension of the latter, they usually feel more laid-back to me; the difference between beta j-subs and p-subs is virtually the difference between a quadra, when you mix them together, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    My is always "on" yeah, but I would say its all about needing periodic emotional release. Emotions, expressed in units of time, that defines my mode of life, my rythm of life etc. I need to be around people and have relations with people. If not, Ill feel extremely dissatified with life, though usually this wouldnt happen since I always know which channels are open to using my . So I experience people and this causes emotion to build which then needs to be expressed around people again, either simply by me being dramatic or through a work of art. Some people dont understand this need for emotional release, but they dont appreciate the entertainment value it brings to the table, either. Theyre humorless fucktards.
    I agree with pretty much everything you said. the bolded has been especially true of the EIEs I've known. a friend I used to listen to music a good deal with would usually choose songs, and end them at specific times, regardless of whether they were finished. the fact that marijuana was involved only emphasizes this trait. I always found it agreeable, because one of my main issues is segmenting time, and most Si'ers I've dealt with let experiences run continuously. that anxiety you mention was always under the surface, he tended to change plans after establishing others, just because social events are oh-so-compelling. this is where I see Ti-seeking being the most distinct in EIEs: their control is only situational, it's a basic template that will keep them on course.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried to explain Fe to Aleksei last night. The best I could do was the metaphor of a fire hose or some kind of conduit. People experience emotions as a constant contiguous flow; Fe is a bit like a valve controlling the internal manifestation and externally expressed nature of these emotions. Fe types are always modulating their emotional projections, either by controlling the direct method of expression (voice, face, wording, etc) or simply manipulating its internal elements. Of all types, Fe egos are the most precise in projecting a particular emotion by their very presence; other types can seem more gregarious, and even take up more "emotional space," but Fe egos are the most nuanced and directly intentional about the impact they make on an emotional space. Fe types are commonly good at "guiding" the emotions of others, but that is a learned skill that is accentuated by their natural propensity to be able to navigate the sort of unseen emotional conduit between themselves and another; Beta NFs, valuing Se>Si and being intuitive, tend to explicate and isolate the nature of the conduit more readily, either in speech or "reflection," while Alpha SFs, being sensory (more involved in the present) and Si>Se have a tendency to move within the conduit themselves and guide it by their presence and self-expression.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See that middle part sounds a bit more like Fe creative to me, the way you describe it, simply because it kind of negates the "involved" nature of Fe dominance. I think Fe dominants tend to be almost a part of the fabric, actively at odds with its natural variations in an attempt to maintain balance, like spiders who are a part of their own web (hence Fe being an "involved" function); Fe creatives can give the impression of such active involvement, but they are more behind-the-scenes vs. actors on the stage, spiders pulling at the edges of the web while it builds upon itself. The difference in Ni ego vs. Si ego lies mostly in the method of manipulation of the fabric: detached conducting with direct redirections vs. involved narration with implicit guidance.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...