TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default A question for everyone

I have a question.

Let's say you're on your way to the store, any store, and you see an elderly woman in a wheel chair, what happens to you? How do you act or react?

Do you just keep walking?

Nothing's wrong with her, she's just on the side walk in her wheel chair.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I have a question.

Let's say you're on your way to the store, any store, and you see an elderly woman in a wheel chair, what happens to you? How do you act or react?

What would u do?
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey i got one more question.

Say you are on a subway and someone panhandles for money and told riders they have a deliberating illness asking for money. Then Say another person came in and instead perform an instrument or sold candy bars, which one would u likely to give money to?

Above question i always wonder to myself but came up when reading ur post...

1)

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nothing, just keep walking. Anyway what's wheel chair colour?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post

Tip her over and laugh. Then keep on walking.
    Dont lie. You wont do that

1)

2)

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If she was just minding her own business I wouldn't give her a second thought. I'm sure someone in a wheelchair wouldn't want some random person's sympathy anyway.

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'd probably smile to her and maybe wave if she seemed friendly

If she talked to me, I'd say things back and everything too people are cool...
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like to walk to the store. It's a hassle carrying bags back.

Theoretically if I were to walk to the store and pass an elderly woman in a wheelchair. I would continue walking at an unchanged pace. What obligation do I have to stop? Some sense of duty due to heritage or familial conditioning? I do not stop when I am walking to talk to anyone. I like to keep to myself. I spend a lot of time focusing on other things than social duty whilst walking. Perhaps you'll think this a personal, selfish trait, flaw. I do not see it as so.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a question.

Tell her she smells funny and walk away.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course you keep walking. Wtf kind of question is this?
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You already asked me that via pm. Old ladies in wheelchairs aren't uncommon.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might smile, I might say hello, I might just walk right by. Really depends on my mood; sometimes I feel like greeting people and sometimes I don't. It really wouldn't have anything to do with whether or not she was in a wheelchair.

Though, if I had the time to think, she might remind me of my own grandmother who has been in a wheelchair for the past 15 years, and that might make me a little sad.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The first thing that goes through my mind is a sequence of possible events that might prohibit the person from either making it across the street or down the street so I check to see for objects that prohibit their view. So I look around to see if the person can get across the street and see if their environment is secure for them. I think ahead but at the same time, I'm concerned about them.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I was in the wheelchair I would interpret what you just described as "Staring".
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The first thing that goes through my mind is a sequence of possible events that might prohibit the person from either making it across the street or down the street so I check to see for objects that prohibit their view. So I look around to see if the person can get across the street and see if their environment is secure for them. I think ahead but at the same time, I'm concerned about them.
    That's just weird. I know the area. I know she will have no trouble crossing the street, and I know she's probably the only one on the sidewalk. Why would I concern myself with her?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sorry to say, but the first thing I would probably think is "I hope she doesn't ask me for money." Barring that, I probably would keep an eye on her out of the corner of my eye, to make sure she wasn't going to disregard any oncoming traffic, etc.

Matt
    (Maritsa's boyfriend; she made me post this)
    -

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    Would you do the very same for:

A) An elderly, un-wheelchaired person?

and/or

B) A young person in a wheelchair?
    I think the question would be better addressed as "a young atrractive person without a wheelchair".

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Matt
    (Maritsa's boyfriend; she made me post this)
    If he's gonna post, he should get his own account.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are way too sensitive, self-sacrificing, and too much focused on other people's problems, even when they don't need or want it.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Tip her over and laugh. Then keep on walking.
    Lol. Grandma.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yup.

You sure she isn't mistyped ? If yes, then I would tell her to walk home and log on 16types.info.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    Would you do the very same for:

A) An elderly, un-wheelchaired person?

and/or

B) A young person in a wheelchair?
    Yes, age doesn't matter
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 07-24-2011 at 04:06 PM.
    -

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

c. a middle aged woman (around 40's)
    Could still be in a wheelchair or very attractive;p

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anglas View Post
    Abbie's response is very much like yours in that it's just an impression and nothing in depth. No assumptions are made, no further thought or evaluation is given on the matter. This is one reason why both of you are Se types, having Ti polr and not really trying to show any analysis. This also shows characteristics of being an Obstinate type.

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    You are way too sensitive, self-sacrificing, and too much focused on other people's problems, even when they don't need or want it.
    I just have the tendency to think of things beyond their surface, what they are and what they could be. I'm not short sighted and I tend to analyze things in search for answers, that aren't often there. How we respond to our environment tends to be a way of coping, like a survival mechanism, or a way of dealing with stress. I deal with the stress of being alive by overanalyzing matters in search for answers, while someone else may choose to stick to answers that are already provided for them, because they don't have to do much thinking and analyzing. Because, on one hand it it dogmatic, but on another it allows the person to not stress due to thinking or searching for answers; I think that it's scary to be alive and to have conscious awareness of our existence and because we have this I believe that people have developed certain coping mechanism. I am very much convinced that this is type related.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 07-25-2011 at 12:58 AM.
    -

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anglas View Post
    Abbie's response is very much like yours in that it's just an impression and nothing in depth. No assumptions are made, not further thought or evaluation is given on the matter. This is one reason why both of you are Se types, having Ti polr and not really trying to show any analysis. This also shows characteristics of being an Obstinate type.
    I dont agree and I think that this could be a sign of demonstrative as much as ego, plus not showing any analysis isnt a sign of polr, ESTjs and ISTps I find tend to be rather "obvious" in their statements and observations about reality.

And I wouldnt really use Reinin dichotimies for typing people.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

DA and Anglas both have said that there is no way you can't be their dual.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Maritsa, I kinda admire how you troll other people's empathy (or lack thereof).

This question is so silly though, but that's why I genuinely love you. Of course I just keep on walking....asking if they needed help with anything is patronizing and condescending, and is like throwing both their age and their disability in their face.

On another note, I wish other people would talk to me more in stores but I mean people are usually too guarded for that, society turned too many people into mindless consumers with no social skills. BORING.

Maritsa, I understand you have a loving heart the size of jupiter, but you shouldn't really start helping other people unless they come to you specifically for help. You know? I love solving my own problems, even though I have the biggest disability of all: Being a homosexual. (lolz)
    Last edited by Hot Scalding Gayser; 07-24-2011 at 04:45 PM.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just have the tendency to think of things beyond their surface, what they are and what they could be. I'm not short sighted and I tend to analyze things in search for answers, that aren't often there. How we respond to our environment tends to be a way of coping, like a survival mechanism, or a way of dealing with stress. I deal with the stress of being alive by overanalyzing matters in search for answers, while someone else may choose to stick to answers that are already provided for them, because they don't have to do much thinking and analyzing. Because, on one hand it it dogmatic, but on another it allows the person to not stress due to thinking or searching for answers; it think that it's scary to be alive and to have conscious awareness of our existence and because we have this I believe that people have developed certain coping mechanism. I am very much convinced that this is type related.
    It is type-related alright, but the question is: is what you are doing really healthy? There is nothing wrong with being helpful, it can be a good quality for which Leading Fi types are known. But if you are starting to fantasize people having problems and being in need of help, when they aren't, that's not very healthy.

How does the following sound to you:

To live is to serve; to love is to give. These are axioms for individuals who have the Self-Sacrificing personality style. The way they see it, their needs can wait until others' are well-served. Knowing that they have given of themselves, they feel comfortable and at peace, secure with their place in the scheme of things. At its best and most noble, this is the selfless, magnanimous personality style of which saints and good citizens are made.

• Generosity. Individuals with the Self-Sacrificing personality style will give you the shirts off their backs if you need them. They do not wait to be asked.
    • Service. Their "prime directive" is to be helpful to others. Out of deference to others, they are noncompetitive and unambitious, comfortable coming second, even last.
    • Consideration. Self-Sacrificing people are always considerate in their dealings with others. They are ethical, honest, and trustworthy.
    • Acceptance. They are nonjudgmental, tolerant of others' foibles, and never harshly reproving. They'll stick with you through thick and thin.
    • Humility. They are neither boastful nor proud, and they're uncomfortable being fussed over. Self-Sacrificing men and women do not like being the center of attention; they are uneasy in the limelight.
    • Endurance. They are long-suffering. They prefer to shoulder their own burdens in life. They have much patience and a high tolerance for discomfort.
    • Artlessness. Self-Sacrificing individuals are rather naive and innocent. They are unaware of the often deep impact they make on other people's lives, and they tend never to suspect deviousness or underhanded motives in the people to whom they give so much of themselves.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So now you think I'm SEE just because I ignored some old lady? If I am traveling downtown, I obviously have a destination, and I wouldn't stop to talk to some lady unless she tried to talk to me. Old ladies don't ask for money. They talk about their grandkids.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Old ladies don't ask for money. They talk about their grandkids.
    No they don't:

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I just have the tendency to think of things beyond their surface, what they are and what they could be. I'm not short sighted and I tend to analyze things in search for answers, that aren't often there. How we respond to our environment tends to be a way of coping, like a survival mechanism, or a way of dealing with stress. I deal with the stress of being alive by overanalyzing matters in search for answers, while someone else may choose to stick to answers that are already provided for them, because they don't have to do much thinking and analyzing. Because, on one hand it it dogmatic, but on another it allows the person to not stress due to thinking or searching for answers; it think that it's scary to be alive and to have conscious awareness of our existence and because we have this I believe that people have developed certain coping mechanism. I am very much convinced that this is type related.
    It is type-related alright, but the question is: is what you are doing really healthy? There is nothing wrong with being helpful, it can be a good quality for which Leading Fi types are known. But if you are starting to fantasize people having problems and being in need of help, when they aren't, that's not very healthy.

To live is to serve; to love is to give. These are axioms for individuals who have the Self-Sacrificing personality style. The way they see it, their needs can wait until others' are well-served. Knowing that they have given of themselves, they feel comfortable and at peace, secure with their place in the scheme of things. At its best and most noble, this is the selfless, magnanimous personality style of which saints and good citizens are made.

• Generosity. Individuals with the Self-Sacrificing personality style will give you the shirts off their backs if you need them. They do not wait to be asked.
    • Service. Their "prime directive" is to be helpful to others. Out of deference to others, they are noncompetitive and unambitious, comfortable coming second, even last.
    • Consideration. Self-Sacrificing people are always considerate in their dealings with others. They are ethical, honest, and trustworthy.
    • Acceptance. They are nonjudgmental, tolerant of others' foibles, and never harshly reproving. They'll stick with you through thick and thin.
    • Humility. They are neither boastful nor proud, and they're uncomfortable being fussed over. Self-Sacrificing men and women do not like being the center of attention; they are uneasy in the limelight.
    • Endurance. They are long-suffering. They prefer to shoulder their own burdens in life. They have much patience and a high tolerance for discomfort.
    • Artlessness. Self-Sacrificing individuals are rather naive and innocent. They are unaware of the often deep impact they make on other people's lives, and they tend never to suspect deviousness or underhanded motives in the people to whom they give so much of themselves.
    I understand what you're saying and I didn't make this thread to boast about me. It was only an attempt to try to show how I have observed different types think about (not necessarily act) in situations like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    So now you think I'm SEE just because I ignored some old lady? If I am traveling downtown, I obviously have a destination, and I wouldn't stop to talk to some lady unless she tried to talk to me. Old ladies don't ask for money. They talk about their grandkids.

I don't think you ignored her, necessarily. I think that when you saw her in that wheel chair, it was just an impression of a woman in a wheelchair.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 07-25-2011 at 12:47 AM.
    -

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't make this thread to boast about me.
    You just took a psychological disease as a compliment. Therefore, you must have the disease.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

lol

I don't doubt that at all. I think there's something very primitive about the EII mind; very pathological.
    -

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do nothing, until I see her stumbling upon and unavoidable obstacle, or something. I'm helping people in general, if it's required - like keeping the door open for someone carrying a load, etc - though I'm always avoiding to be zealous or to try to make a point. If these "helpless" people use a too demanding or whining tone, trying to dramatize their situation (deceit) or suggest that I'd be somehow obliged to help them, I'm fucking them off. The same goes for giving elderly the sit, in public transport, I generally look at them, and if I see one (sincerely) needing to sit down, I give him/her the sit - but the same goes for young people, really. I'm respecting the seats reserved for the elderly/disabled and preferably I don't use them at all - they're designated for that and it's not my business to judge who deserve them.

I'm adopting manners as long as they have a point. I think helping is normal and I'm disgusted by people who try to get recognition of such thing, being over-zealous and trying to appear "better people" or to teach the bystanders a lesson. I put myself first, and I'm not getting out of my way to "help my neighbour". This is obvious, it's equivalent to helping someone in the detriment of other, this other being me, which is unfair. If I were enjoying to do this as a hobby, as a purpose in life or something, than yes, but this is currently not my case.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    On another note, I wish other people would talk to me more in stores but I mean people are usually too guarded for that, society turned too many people into mindless consumers with no social skills. BORING.
    But why don't you take initiative? You will be surprised that quite some will be willing to talk, IMO. Assuming that's not in specific parts of the day, when everyone is in a hurry or tired, of course.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand what you're saying and I didn't make this thread to boast about me. It was only an attempt to try to show how I have observed different types think about (not necessarily act) in situations like this.
    In that case: attitudes towards helpfulness are somewhat type related, but your own thinking style as described above, and in other posts as well, is not so much a reflection of your type.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't make this thread to boast about me.
    You just took a psychological disease as a compliment. Therefore, you must have the disease.
    Nah, the Oldham description in itself is not about a pathological manifestation.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    But why don't you take initiative? You will be surprised that quite some will be willing to talk, IMO. Assuming that's not in specific parts of the day, when everyone is in a hurry or tired, of course.
    He's Ni-Base. Ni-Base doesn't take initiative...
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast