Thread: The Thread of CONTRAVERSY

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Thread of CONTRAVERSY

The goal of this thread is to situate a particular area of the universe where all of you state your type and why you think you are this specific type. Generalizations are welcome. If you waffle between two or more types, talk about why you do. Explicate it in as much detail as you see fit. Ideally, I think everybody should be able to include their actual type in whatever options are available. Teh point is to expand the options to as vague a level as you can reasonably justify, then proceed to hone in where you think you lie. For example, I think I'm some kind of IxFx (but not ISFj)/Ne-Si introvert. I won't post my reasoning just yet since I'm very very drunk, but I just wanted to say that I'd like this thread to start with everyone making a case insofar as they feel comfortable and with no objections or naysaying until the individual thinks they've made about as may points as they can in their favor. I don't really expect anyone to post here, but I thought I'd make the thread since it crossed my mind and I've been drinking very very much.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My most general starting point would be that I'm Alpha SF. I'm actually in the middle of reconsidering myself ESE.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I waffle between ENTp and ENTj. Is that allowed?

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if it's CONTRAVERSYial, then yes.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER

Creepy-male

ENTp and INFp

In fact I'd probably be so bold to say my intellectual nature is more ENTp and my emotional nature is more INFp... physically I'm probably more ESTp or ISFp depending on if we are talking about the emergence of physical states with intellect or with emotion.

Overall I tend towards intellect over emotion, so I'd type ENTp

My thinking style is more scattered and less concise and deterministic as a rational/judger even though I have the kind of intellectual exploration of an INTj, is more of a rambling extroverted variety focused on Ne, exploring various potentials and their capacity to be realized on the basis of structured logical systems or sets of formalized logical/intellectual conditions/rules.

Emotionally I need to kind of waft around in a Ni way, across various things, temporally synthizing things together to form on overall web of meaning. Emotional writing tends to be more algorithmic and sequential and intuitive. Fe > Fi as dynamic mood is focused on more than relationships and normalized static structures of ethics. Also their is a victimy attitude about my emotionality that matches better with beta feeling than caregiver, aggressor, or infantile.

I'd say when I'm working with physical reality and intellect I tend to be more ESTp (makes sense slap an S on the N)... I tend to focus on things as situational tactics in both a verbal and movement way. Overall I think its underdevelop though as in general I'm mostly out of touch with my physical reality and more lost in space with my intellect/intuition. When I do feel more physically possessed and grounded though I tend to tap into things more tactically and tend to take on a more aggressor outlook.

Finally when I'm working with more sensual things; realistic, concrete emotionality as opposed to more idealistic NF notional/abstract concepts which have meaning feeling... I tend to be more ISFp (once again slap an S on the N)... I tend to focus on comfort and internal states of sensation, synthasesia (butchered spelling), and subjective qualities of sensation. Once again overall I think this is the least developed aspect though as in general I'm mostly out of touch with my physical and emotional reality. However ISFp does make sense as it is the type of cognitive style I dualize with, its my psychological access point to higher states.

Overall I'd be more interested in develop some kind of multiple theory of setting types to aspects of the self, then breaking these types down to their functional elements and permuting these around the different aspects of one's being/personality, and then re-synthizing them into a better form of socionics.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am ENTj because I look like one on cam (for forum purposes).
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    How does an LIE look like ?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    How does an LIE look like ?
    By virtue of circular logic, and given that this thread's aim is to be controversial, an LIE looks like me.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

By virtue of circular logic, and given that this thread's aim is to be controversial, an LIE looks like me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Like me, for I am also ENTj. Bystanders mistake both of us for being related.
    Identical twins.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mune, you are such an ISFp. You mediate SO MUCH and dislike conflicts with other people. You do not get off on the drama of human relationships like most people do. And you are agreeable and try to get everybody to get along, just like your duals (entps like Steve and Vero etc.)

Lucid, I could see you as my Identical. I think you are very cute btw =p. You have a big heart, you are insecure about other people not being the best to other people emotionally...all signs of INFp. However I think it might be more likely that you are an INTj and that victimy emotional stuff you do is just a sign of your Se polr. (the victim emotional stuff could be either Se dual-seeking or Se-polr IMO)

poli, I agree that you are Delta because I don't think we ever emotionally connected at all really... I remember you agreed with me once about something, but it was pretty rational. You also remind me of Galen a lot.

Ashton, yes you are an ENTj. All you ever do here is supervise most people and make cutting, blunt comments and talk about how capitalism and money is better than other people's feeble feelings. You still have empathy and shit but you are an ENTj. You and FDG are so straight man like.

Nick...I think he is gamma INTp and not Beta INFp because he's very critical and nitpicky like most gammas. Egocially, he clearly over-intellectualizes things rather than over-emotionalizes them. I mean, everybody has feelings and everybody both feels and thinks and everybody can feel deeply but it's about what you consciously try to do. And come on now, where the hell is the Fe in his posts? It's just not there.

Gilly is just a narcissistic phoenix flower that wants to be every type, but can't, so he's self-destructing down a bullying spiral. LOL. HE'S IN YOUR FORUM, DRAINING YOUR SOULZ.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@lucid: Nice! Your post is pretty much what I was looking for.

@b&d:

Like I said in my near fugue state last night, the basic realm of types I think I could be is pretty much ISFp, INFp, INFj, or even ISTp or INTj. ISFp makes the most sense to me just because the type descriptions echo a lot of how I think I go about life. I'm a pretty natural mediator that tries to keep everybody from getting too down or pissed to where they pull or push away from everybody else. There isn't much use for conflict imo. Competition maybe, sometimes, in a light hearted way when people get amped up, but not conflict. I don't really see a point to doing anything that you aren't going to try to have fun with or isn't going to make someone else happy. On the flip side, I sort of avoid boring, painful work and sometimes wish I had a little more discipline (but not too often ). Ideally, I'm trying to find some kind of work that I enjoy that pays well enough to do stuff I enjoy in my free time. If I like what I'm doing I can put a lot of effort into it, otherwise I tend to half ass it and feel a need to move on. Where I'm at right now, I'm wanting to get into the healthcare field since I like learning new things, enjoy helping others feel better, and because, well, people around me keep telling me I'd be good at it.

As for other types, INFp makes a little sense, but I don't think I jive too well with the Beta jockeying atmosphere. I'm kind of too boring and friendly to fit in there or something. I guess the only reason I consider it an option is that I do daydream a lot and write stories in my head when I'm working. Sometimes I feel a little distant and detached from other people, like I'm holding them at arms length, which may not be type related. I don't know. It's hard for me to open up in the beginning when I meet people. I'm polite and amiable, but I don't talk a lot about my inner life, more just small talk shit that I later about like I wish I could think of more interesting stuff to talk about but instead I wind up discussing the weather or how hard work is, etc. Oh, I'm also way into dreams. I mean, most people I talk to tell me they never remember theirs, so it makes me feel kind of special that I remember mine almost every night. And they're SO WEIRD. It's like my personal outlet for crazy adventures: like when those killer whales destroyed that mall out on a pier and I had to swim and dodge them to get back to safety, or I'm explaining to people in my dreams how you know you're dreaming (look at a clock, look away, look back, if it's a different time, pinch yourself, if that doesn't hurt, slap the shit out of yourself, then fly away). Sometimes they're as simple and breathtaking as feeling in love again. Sometimes I sleep just to dream that dream one more time.

INFj is more of a residual option from when I first came here. Occasionally I feel rational, but maybe a better word is logical. I really do try to make sense of everything in a way I can explain and account for. It bugs me to no end when people have strong beliefs they haven't given much thought to (it's just the way they feel ) or worse when they seem to contradict those beliefs whenever it suits them. Double standards make me want to pull my hair out. Why can't people just make sense?! Whenever I find myself doing that same thing, I always feel dumb and ashamed and it wasn't until I got into philosophy in college that I really felt like I'd found a system that helped me figure out when, where, and how to avoid doing that. I was always better at analyzing other people's thoughts then I was coming up with a systematic way of doing so.

ISTp and INTj are probably reflections of how I try to be reasonable and pragmatic, but I can't seem to do it for very long before I fall back into my natural rhythm. Also, maybe it also is about how sometimes I feel like I have trouble making deeper connections with people. The kind of person I think helps me most is someone that doesn't overthink things the way I do, that acts without reserve, engages the world with a quirky sense of humor, and just has that persistent sense of going out to meet everything that pulls me out of my occasional shell. I'm a creature of habit. I'll keep doing pretty much the same thing everyday until it stops being fun, then it starts to drive me crazy. Then I just want to break the rut but I have a hard time figuring out what else I can do. I get restless and I try to tie myself to someone else's sails. At heart, I'm mostly a follower. Sure, I'm fully capable of leading, for a time, in my own way, but it's more natural to drift on the wind and see what comes.

There's probably more I could say, like how I feel about planning for the future or whatever, but this is already epic length so I stop.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want mune to be my conflictor

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mune: If they're just impulsive feelings, then they're not beliefs. You can't be expected to create a standard for feelings, hah. I mean especially if you're open-minded, you can believe or try to word contradictory things depending on your feelings, flow of ideas, or outside inspiration. It's art and the process of learning.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I dont do justifications as to why I think I am the type I am, I only do explanations, which would would imply you asking a particular question.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want mune to be my conflictor
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    Mune: If they're just impulsive feelings, then they're not beliefs. You can't be expected to create a standard for feelings, lol.
    Beliefs to me are anything you act on, judge in accordance or discordance with, or expect to consistently be followed in the world around you. What I'm talking about is when people talk about how much they HATE when people do this or that, but every once in a while they do the same exact thing and it doesn't register to them at all. Or when people assert stuff and expect you to buy into it and follow along but they get pissed when you ask them why they think that way.

I mean especially if you're open-minded, you can believe or try to word contradictory things depending on your feelings, flow of ideas, or outside inspiration. It's art and the process of learning.
    I believe there's a unity in opposites and that most things can be reconciled into something bigger, newer, and more complete, but to me that's something different than insisting everyone follow something you neither bother to explain or consistently follow in practice.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    I dont do justifications as to why I think I am the type I am, I only do explanations, which would would imply you asking a particular question.
    What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In these cases, I guess it would make sense for people to just accept that they naturally hate things, not due to a code of conduct, but a natural impulsive feeling, yet they do them anyway, and should be more understanding/empathetic of the 'human element.' Do you agree? Or do you think they should change their ways based on incomplete information, say if they feel it may be an annoyance to others? I guess it depends on what it is.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In these cases, I guess it would make sense for people to just accept that they naturally hate things, not due to a code of conduct, but a natural impulsive feeling, yet they do them anyway, and should be more understanding/empathetic of the 'human element,' Do you agree? Or do you think they should change their ways based on incomplete information?
    I'll be honest. I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're talking about. People feel strongly about a lot of stuff, but I just think it would be better if they realized that most of it has to do with the uncontrollable set of circumstances they were brought up within and, while it doesn't mean the way they feel isn't real, that most of the stuff that builds them into a excoriating tower of rage wouldn't matter at all if they grew up 1000 miles or 100 years from now.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. I guess if they're really taking it too far. We're just talking about retarded people, then

I think I agree with you there.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can I start a controversy about how to spell "controversy"?...
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    Can I start a controversy about how to spell "controversy"?...
    Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    I'm very very drunk
    I think we can let it slide lol

Anyway uhm

Irrational + super Fi + not Se/Ni + <3 Delta STs = Fi-ENFp. tada~

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm INFp because I write poetry and go on nonsensical rants about the reality of irreality and write poetry.

I'm ENFp because I'm tooooooo extroverted and toooooooo friendly and toooooo ethical and polite and even tempered and up with people to be beta.

I'm ESTp because my innnnnssssiiiiiiidddddeeeeesssssssss are PURE WILL like MOLTEN LAVA.

I'm ENFj because I like to talk to people.

I'm INTp because I think to think about things.

I'm ENTp because I got that result once in an MBTI test.

I am FREE FROM TYPES AND LABELS. I release myself into the infinite liquidity of fame!
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm INTj because while it doesn't make perfect sense, other typings make even less sense.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I read Jung, then while I was sleeping he came to me in a dream and told me my type.

oh, and he also said he is not a LII

... since I'm very very drunk ... and I've been drinking very very much.
    that was very good very drunk posting actually

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    I read Jung, then while I was sleeping he came to me in a dream and told me my type.

oh, and he also said he is not a LII
    And these are Ni dreams, so you know they have merit to them.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    that was very good very drunk posting actually
    lol thanks
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?
    I never thought about it.

TIM
    3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what my socionics type is because I don't want my relationships to be dictated by this system. What I have outlined is tentative, and it's meant to be there for the sake of being legit.

SLE/SEE/EIE/LIE
    pick and choose.
    언제나.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uwace View Post
    I don't know what my socionics type is because I don't want my relationships to be dictated by this system. What I have outlined is tentative, and it's meant to be there for the sake of being legit.

SLE/SEE/EIE/LIE
    pick and choose.
    EIE!(even though I dont know you very well)

TIM
    3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE/SEE/EIE/LIE
    pick and choose.
    Basis?
    언제나.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Basis?
    Well you seem very beta. And especially beta NF. And you dont seem intorverted, EIE feels just adequate

PS:I dig your siggy

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think certain people see me as another type but I personally don't think I doubted my type here much. In my mind I can change types on a day to day basis though. I don't really care that much about a "type" for me to discuss it much on here. Sometimes I think I am SEE as I feel I am quite grounded and quite occupied with here and now, other times I see myself as IEE for the fact I am not so grounded and in general not really aware of any details or anything around me. Sometimes I think I am IEI because I can feel like an introvert, yet still quite expressive and influencing my surrounding and like 2 hours later I feel nothing like IEI as I consider myself to bee too much extroverted. All of that can happen in a few minutes inside my head also.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what my socionics type is because I don't want my relationships to be dictated by this system.
    yeah right.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah he can only be Beta Extro or SEE, most likely the former; too much feelings-all-over-the-floor potential for SEE.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only types I've considered for myself are INFp, ISFp and ENFj.

I'm not ISFp. I'm too intense and I simply DO NOT NOTICE things/my surroundings the way most of them do. I'm far too deep in my head and imagination in my day to day life. Also, ENTps, as great as they are, aren't my dual. I don't need Ne at all.

I don't think I'm ENFj either because I'm not Si polr and I prefer/relate better to irrationals.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I type myself ISFj and the only other type I've ever thought about seriously is INFj. Some people around here think the latter fits me better. I just compare myself to other INFjs on this board and especially irl and it doesn't seem to fit. I don't think I have Se as a polr. I think I am pretty adept at using it when I want to. I see myself as having much more difficulty with Ne and seeing things from a different perspective or thinking "out of the box." I don't see myself as terribly idealistic but very realistic. I am very present minded and grounded. I don't have an issue with applying pressure to people to try to either encourage them to try something new or difficult. I can also be somewhat manipulative at times but not in a mean way. I will try to convince people to play a certain game if I really want to or do something I really want. I don't typically care what we and am usually flexible so I don't think its unreasonable to try to convince people to do something I want to do sometimes. I also feel more affinity for SEEs rather than IEEs. I feel like IEEs get more frustrated with me and I with them. I am pretty confident in my understanding of Si as well. Ni is another story. I frequently worry about the development of future events and I have a lot of issues with anxiety over the future and having to make big decisions.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm all four IP temperament types. But when that doesn't work I think "maybe I'm a..." and then I realize "no" and then it's back to the four IP temperament types.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm EII because:

I grow a beard just like this guy...

... who is typed EII according to This Site
    I like Naomi Watts who is EII according to the same site.
    I like the monarchy which is an aristocratic thing to do.
    I love Eminem and used to love Matt Damon (Well at least until he started spewing out all this liberal bullshit), so now I can't watch his movies anymore, because he's against everything I stand for.
    I'm good with people and like to give advice.
    Also: I see colorful lines interconnecting people

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol you like the monarchy, shame on you

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socialist dog.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast