Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ego functions most socialized?

In the paragraph on Duality, the Wikipedia article on Socionics states:

"...Thus, the ego functions (the strongest and most socialized) ..."

Now, as a student of Sociology, socialized in my dictionary means those aspects of an individual that have come from outside the individual (as in 'conditioned'), whereas Socionics teaches us that these traits are innate, i.e. not coming from external social sources (regardless of the question whether these functions are genetic or not). So what is meant by 'socialized' in the above sentence?
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would assume "socialized" in this context to mean "functions most readily utilized in and adjusted to a wide variety of situations," which given what I observe about Socionics would make the most sense. If it was a matter of "socializing" from your aforementioned Sociological perspective then I doubt I would be ENFp much less anything Fi, given how my entire extended family is comprised almost solely of Alphas.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably they mean 'more used in social contexts'.
    Though IMP, role function and demonstrative function are used just as easily, perhaps with little less dextery.

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    In the paragraph on Duality, the Wikipedia article on Socionics states:

"...Thus, the ego functions (the strongest and most socialized) ..."

Now, as a student of Sociology, socialized in my dictionary means those aspects of an individual that have come from outside the individual (as in 'conditioned'), whereas Socionics teaches us that these traits are innate, i.e. not coming from external social sources (regardless of the question whether these functions are genetic or not). So what is meant by 'socialized' in the above sentence?
    It means that 4D functions (base and demonstrative) learn the most from the world around them.

How I've always imagined the functions is like statically charged balls. Stronger functions are more charged, so attract more information to themselves, even being able to extract their associated aspect out of a generalised aspect soup (like what usually occurs in the world).

There's no contradiction at all imo. Si dominants don't just wake up knowing sports or massage therapy or whatever, but they're most disposed to extracting information about bodily comfort and positive internal states from the world outside, especially from communicating other people. Restating the above, more Si (and whatever Ji is in their demonstrative function) sticks to them than any other type of information.

--

More directly, the apparent contradiction can be resolved if you consider that what is innate and inborn about functions is predisposition to certain information aspects.

I don't know how much a biology analogy would work for you, but you can consider an individual's Model A to be like a batch of 8 types of enzyme, in a broth of the 8 types of substrate in equal proportions (the information aspects). Different Model As (the 16 types) have those 8 enzymes in different proportions, and so metabolise the 8 types of substrate at different rates.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Does my post help?

I'm with my dual

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...postcount=3473

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks all of you. I think that the word 'socialized' should be removed from that sentence, since it might be confusing to people who do not know about Socionics, especially social and behavioral scientist might get the wrong idea. It is a general wiki after all. I personally feel Galen's description fits the social application of the ego functions best, but also what CKC said, what do you think?
    The future of Socionics:

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Does my post help?

I'm with my dual

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...postcount=3473
    It's obvious that duality works like that (or sort of), I have no problem understanding it. But I think that using the word 'socialized' is a very bad word to label what you are describing.
    The future of Socionics:

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Does my post help?