Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: IEIs and SLEs secretly think each is smarter than the other? (INFp and ESTp duals)

  1. #1
    Creepy-aurora_faerie

    Default IEIs and SLEs secretly think each is smarter than the other? (INFp and ESTp duals)

    ...that INFp-ESTp couples and/or friends secretly think they are smarter than the other? The INFp because they think the ESTp's can't intuitivly grasp the things they can, and the ESTp because they think they are always right no matter what.


    Eh?

    Sometimes I feel smarter than my ESTp boyfriend, and sometimes my ESTp dad too. I just feel they can't ever "get" what I "get". Or something...

    And with the boyfriend, I always get the feeling that he is just SAYING he agrees when he actually doesn't. And I don't just get the feeling, I KNOW, cuz I look at him, and give him a look, and he gives a look back, then I let out on of those exasperated noises and he laughs.

    Yes, we can communicate through looks.

  2. #2
    Clearance level: 10 (9 is maximum) Fermi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    entp
    Posts
    695
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    nha, they are just stupid. I GET it! it's just you that don't get it really..
    is like a wet kiss on the cheek and a warm hug by a cute smiling girl.
    is the confetti shots on your birthday party with all your friends.
    is a way to completely rip apart the face of god and stare directly at the naked universe.
    is like over here and then over there and they are all connected and I am on amphetamine.

  3. #3
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,631
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Depends on how smart the ESTp is, of course.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    601
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yea. ESTPs tries to teach you and everyone about how the world works, how harsh it is and INFPs in turn tries to teach them how to loooveeee.
    INFP

  5. #5
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    I do have to admit that my INFp friend is really, really smart!

    We are smart in different areas.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  6. #6
    Clearance level: 10 (9 is maximum) Fermi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    entp
    Posts
    695
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I often think how smart I am. I've also thought about the trouble of passing my smartness over to my offsprings. Maybe I am just living for myself and my little ones will be just normal, average.

    Perhaps I should be a lone cowboy in the desert. In the burning desert I will reach enlightment and the answer of life itself. Being one with nature. That would be awesome!
    is like a wet kiss on the cheek and a warm hug by a cute smiling girl.
    is the confetti shots on your birthday party with all your friends.
    is a way to completely rip apart the face of god and stare directly at the naked universe.
    is like over here and then over there and they are all connected and I am on amphetamine.

  7. #7
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    INFp generally think they're better then everyone else. But don't let that bring you down. Let the fact that it's horribly wrong bring you down.

    I mimic the other person. If I'm an equal I'm an equal. I'm guessing you "equals" are not.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NiFe
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: I think maybe...

    =)

  9. #9
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    perhaps I shouldn't speak on beta duality... but imo, competition isn't a healthy thing in a relationship
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  10. #10
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    perhaps I shouldn't speak on beta duality... but imo, competition isn't a healthy thing in a relationship
    I guess playful competition can be healthy, but that's probably not what you're talking about here.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    601
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's not healthy?
    What if you have two beta duals and they each challenge the other to do better?
    Now that you mention it, the ESTP is the only one who makes me feel like I could do better and should do better (with my writing) and so now I am but no one else could had pushed me.
    INFP

  12. #12
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yeah... playful competition is healthy and fun... thinking you're smarter than eachother and experiencing frustration over the matter sounds more like unhealthy competition.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  13. #13
    Creepy-aurora_faerie

    Default

    This post wasn't made out of frustration, I just thought it was weird. Or something...I don't know.

    I also don't feel like I'm in competition with ESTp's.

    For example, he is always wanting to get into people's face and give them a piece of his mind and I ALWAYS discourage it. But I've realized that it's better for him to get whatever he has off of his chest and it's good for the person to know what my husband is thinking.
    I normally like when he does that sort of thing, because I sort of want to, but hate doing it and don't think fast enough on my feet to get my point across. So I find it very satisfying when he does it before I even need to debate with myself if I should or not.


    I don't think I'm better than anyone. Sometimes I feel like no one see's or hears me, because they think I'm not worth seeing or hearing. Because of that, I normally keep my mouth shut, because no one listens anyways, which results in me seeing things and picking things up that the others miss, because they are too busy....uhm...listening and seeing each other. >_>


    Whenever muh ESTp and I disagree, I KNOW there is a way to come to an agreement, he just normally doesn't care to dig into it. He seems satisfied to just leave it alone. *shrugs*

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    601
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't think I'm better than everyone but if there's someone who is def. not better than me, I do think that...I am better...not as a person but...there's this girl who two people say are a better writer than i am and I def. don't think so, I was so outraged, still am, I'll show them. It's awful when close friends support someone else. Gah, they should just get down and kiss my feet.
    INFP

  15. #15
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    Seer
    Posts
    12,804
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zem

    I don't think I'm better than anyone. Sometimes I feel like no one see's or hears me, because they think I'm not worth seeing or hearing. Because of that, I normally keep my mouth shut, because no one listens anyways, which results in me seeing things and picking things up that the others miss, because they are too busy....uhm...listening and seeing each other. >_>
    ahah... thatís exactly how I feel, then I get all depressed because of it and I feel like Iím basically nothing worth talking to. guhh... I hate getting all emotional about stupid things like that... but I guess its all part of being an INFp



    Quote Originally Posted by dreamer
    I don't think I'm better than everyone but if there's someone who is def. not better than me, I do think that...I am better...not as a person but...there's this girl who two people say are a better writer than i am and I def. don't think so, I was so outraged, still am, I'll show them. It's awful when close friends support someone else. Gah, they should just get down and kiss my feet.
    ughh I know what you mean... somebody did the same thing with my artwork when I knew I was better then the other person. It sounds kind of self centered I guess, but I think INFpís can tend to secretly be like that
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

  16. #16
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kraus
    I do have to admit that my INFp friend is really, really smart!

    We are smart in different areas.
    There was an MBTI N-related research paper I read a few years ago. I wish to beeeeeeeeeep'in life that I had saved it. It was a research that was correlating N to G-factor. If this is true, would it be false that those that test highly in Ni are more likely to have a higher G-factor (General Intelligence)?

    My ISFp friend is sometimes down because he does not feel very intelligent. I keep reminding him that there are things that he can do that I would be an entire novice at. I also remind him that just because I test really well and am a 3.5-4.0 student, that I am not always intelligent about everything. It just means that I'm good at that part of life.

  17. #17
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,631
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The only correlation I've seen so far - I have no clue about the source, but please trust me - it's that Opennes to New Experiences correlates with a factor of 0.04 (significance 0.01) with I.Q.. N and P are correlated with Openness as well, usually, so there might be something, but still really small.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  18. #18
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    Oh nice! Thanks FDG

  19. #19
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    A certain INFp showed me where to find some more...

    http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/c...TRY=1&SRETRY=0

    h0t! I score low in Neur. High in Openness... but moderate in I/E in the big 5.

    I found this one and thought of you, FDG:

    http://www.leaonline.com/doi/pdfplus..._2?cookieSet=1

  20. #20
    sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    641
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am an INFp and I must admit I'm rather smart... I've always felt smarter that almost all my peers back in school, I was in that top 5%... BUT smart does not matter if you cannot fructify smartness. I have a mild form of ADD but that is enough to screw my return value...
    "What is love?"
    "The total absence of fear," said the Master.
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

    I chose Love

  21. #21
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sigma
    fructify smartness

    *giggle* lol. I gotta use that one

  22. #22
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,631
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I need an user+pass access in order to be able to wiev the links you provided, Jade.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  23. #23
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    Weird! I got them from google scholar for free. Uhm... I dont know how to bypass that :/

  24. #24
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    Seer
    Posts
    12,804
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    ..........

  25. #25
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    This reminds me of some of the childish things educators would do to ADD/ADHD children :/

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •