View Poll Results: is socionics something that really exists?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

16 64.00%
  • no

3 12.00%
  • other, i'll explain

6 24.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is socionics real?

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    how often does it occur that all other factors are neutral enough that socionics is the most significant thing at play?

i dont expect this to have a precise answer, obviously.
    In an ideal setting.

Its so/so thing if use of socionics is actually justifiable. But people can use it to proving whatever mental schemes they want to go around proving and think of it as the holy truth.

But this is the way people work everywhere. Whatever they set up to prove. THey are also able to prove it to themselves.

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Analyst Trevor View Post
    how often does it occur that all other factors are neutral enough that socionics is the most significant thing at play?

just look at the people you hang out/live with. also at people who you get along with on this forum. Isn't it obvious that those other factors are not all that strong in comparison to socionics? In fact, they're pathetic.
    YOu havent considered thet fact that people here are biased by socionics types and actually change theyr attitude based on the type. I have noted this happening here.

And with my friends or colleagues or whatever i dont note a general trend with types. Infact there are too many variations in the type. SEriously you are one these fanatical freaks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 strongest sociofactors, when it comes to compatibility, would be JUD/DEC, MER/SER and P/J

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NewBorn STAR View Post

And with my friends or colleagues or whatever i dont note a general trend with types. Infact there are too many variations in the type. SEriously you are one these fanatical freaks
    You don't even know what their bloody types are, don't you?

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't even know what their bloody types are, don't you?
    Yes i know what theyr supposed "types" are. THere are alot variations in single type though. Making so that all these dnch typings and other are too insufficient. Its gonna go futher away.

You dont know many people right ? Introvert that you are making the world fit your schemes or other self restricted shit you have allowed the opress you. People are typed based on stereotypes here too. Instead of theyr actual information metabolism . YOu too SUCK at typing

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 strongest sociofactors, when it comes to compatibility, would be JUD/DEC, MER/SER and P/J
    This i can agree with. But we dont really need socionics to "get " this do we ? Its like an obvious thing

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Of course it is. Given more or less equal settings / compatibility, socionics type is the best predictor of who you're going to get along best / be friends with, socionics quadras are the best predictor of which groups will "automatically" form among a group of randomly chosen humans.
    I suppose about this much predicting power socionics actually possesses. Has anyone though tested this ? When i go out i dont see same quandra people hanging out with each other as general correlation.
    Really? Weird. I see it every day, although people have to meet each other for some time (say, 2-3 months).

I read some russians that placed mer-ser as the biggest factor, then p-j, then jud-dec.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

just look at the people you hang out/live with. also at people who you get along with on this forum. Isn't it obvious that those other factors are not all that strong in comparison to socionics? In fact, they're pathetic.
    are you being serious? do you notice me getting along best with other deltas here? i think i do in real life but whos to say its not just in my head lol.

also strongly agree w/ newborn re: confirmation bias and people on the forum treating eachother a certain way based on type and thus getting the results they expect.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whos to say its not just in my head lol.
    Everything is in our head, of course - we interpret reality through our brain, so that's not a real issue.

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose about this much predicting power socionics actually possesses. Has anyone though tested this ? When i go out i dont see same quandra people hanging out with each other as general correlation.
    Really? Weird. I see it every day, although people have to meet each other for some time (say, 2-3 months).

I read some russians that placed mer-ser as the biggest factor, then p-j, then jud-dec.
    I cant really get into your head.

In social settings where-ever you are there is a tendency for the people that you group as similiar or those who spend time together to be grouped in a similiar way. As one searches for the proof of the type one concentrates on the uniting and those factors that are similiar with the people. And its very likely that that the searching mind finds proof for whatever one sets to proof.

I do admit though that similiar kind of people, people that have something in common on some level are more likely to group together. It doesnt really matter if you use socionics to figure this out or not. By itself i think socionics as too limiting system to use. Its too static and leaves out many factors and the whole spiritual view of people.

Its like people being desperate of wating to be set and known and understand themselves and have distinct easy self image that they can easily comprehend and keep up for what they should do in life. So to have this permission for theyrself and what they are they are eager to also restrict others and themselves to this imcomplete system of false notions.

Sorry babes socionics isnt it

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whos to say its not just in my head lol.
    Everything is in our head, of course - we interpret reality through our brain, so that's not a real issue.
    Its an issue when something subjective is claimed as objective. Augustas brainfarts are not objective.

JUNG KEPINSKI AR GOOD STUFF

As long as this shit satisfies you then good. But when you feel burn for something more when you feel like doubt that you are the type that you are or want a change. DOnt be afraid to discard socionics. It deserves to be discarded. IT doesnt explain you or its not you

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In social settings where-ever you are there is a tendency for the people that you group as similiar or those who spend time together to be grouped in a similiar way. As one searches for the proof of the type one concentrates on the uniting and those factors that are similiar with the people. And its very likely that that the searching mind finds proof for whatever one sets to proof.
    Eh, not necessarily. Some of these people formed "groups" much before I knew about socionics (thinking about my childhood friends for example, that I still meet sometimes), and in certain cases their types are completely obvious, separadely from the group they belong to. Plus, quadras don't necessarily have similar types - how are INFjs and ESTjs similar? ESFp and INTp?

Anyway yes I agree with you, you don't need to know socionics to notice such things. But f.e. it can sometimes help when you're having a issue with someone, might give a glimpse into their reasoning, especially for logical types that aren't necessarily empathetic.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Interesting. I was never really able to tell which one of those was the strongest, but come to think of it; isn't whining about MER/SER mismatch the most common type of whining here? So they might very well be right about MER/SER being that strong.
    Last edited by Trevor; 07-22-2011 at 03:51 PM.

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh, not necessarily. Some of these people formed "groups" much before I knew about socionics (thinking about my childhood friends for example, that I still meet sometimes), and in certain cases their types are completely obvious, separadely from the group they belong to. Plus, quadras don't necessarily have similar types - how are INFjs and ESTjs similar? ESFp and INTp?

Anyway yes I agree with you, you don't need to know socionics to notice such things. But f.e. it can sometimes help when you're having a issue with someone, might give a glimpse into their reasoning, especially for logical types that aren't necessarily empathetic.
    Jung

is

enough

socionics

is

waste

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh
    are you being serious? do you notice me getting along best with other deltas here?
    Dunno. You tell me? What are your top five forum members? What are their types? And how are you all configured in terms of MER/SER, P/J and JUD/DEC?

It wasn't just about quadra values. Notice the P/J thing. The P/J thing isn't quandra related.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jung

is

enough

socionics

is

waste
    BUT WHAT ABOUT THE REININ DICHOTOMIES, HE NEEDS SOME Luv too!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jung

is

enough

socionics

is

waste
    BUT WHAT ABOUT THE REININ DICHOTOMIES, HE NEEDS SOME Luv too!
    OK YOU ARE RIGHT. SORRY REININ

REININ.

YOU DID THE WORLD OF PSYCHOLOGY A GREAT FAVOR. GIVING SOMETHING OBVIOUS A NAME. SOCIONICS LOVES YOU

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

ahhh the all in your head thing drives me nuts, i mean its probably true but whats the point of doing or discussing anything then, it makes everything seem pointless.

@ newborn rah rah

@ trevor could be an interesting exercise, i think i'll do it unposted just for my own amusement. i could pm you if you actually care.

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahhh the all in your head thing drives me nuts, i mean its probably true but whats the point of doing or discussing anything then, it makes everything seem pointless.

@ newborn rah rah

@ trevor could be an interesting exercise, i think i'll do it unposted just for my own amusement. i could pm you if you actually care.
    For the amusement of making others believe that you are right.

To have fun communicate and try stuff. WHat lies fit you the best ?

Maybe the truth even ? Well you will find the truth if you are ready for it

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't care

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't care
    Socionics fucked him in the ass

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

trevorrrr when are we going to share our feeeeeelings?

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

trevorrrr when are we going to share our feeeeeelings?
    I dont think he is ready yet =(

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hey NBS you don't strike me real.

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Hey NBS you don't strike me real.
    Oh you dear soul. What do you mean ? Are you real ? OMFG

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Of course I am, always been, you don't like it ? Anyway, the priest is reverend only so far as you reverence him. If you cease to reverence him, he is no longer reverend for you.

.dioteB

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Of course I am, always been, you don't like it ? Anyway, the priest is reverend only so far as you reverence him. If you cease to reverence him, he is no longer reverend for you.

.dioteB
    ok

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics. Estj-Ne/ Infp-SE/ TI or any other combination

ONLINE PERSONA ENTJ-NI

Mbti ENTP, Entj, Isfp, Esfj, INTJ Depending on my mood

Rising Lagna Scorpio

Moon: Shravana These together work.
    This is a typical signature for someone who doesn't understand psychological types.

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post

Socionics. Estj-Ne/ Infp-SE/ TI or any other combination

ONLINE PERSONA ENTJ-NI

Mbti ENTP, Entj, Isfp, Esfj, INTJ Depending on my mood

Rising Lagna Scorpio

Moon: Shravana These together work.
    This is a typical signature for someone who doesn't understand psychological types.
    Hey isfj dual come to my caress

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

What is Real? According to my own definition, reality is a set of signals what can be interpreted by my brain.
    What is Socionics? You can see it when you look out your window, when you go to work, when go to church, when you pay your taxes.
    Socionics is the world that has been pulled in front of you to blind you from the truth. What truth? That Madonna was born in the XIX century and she survives as a soldier of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and, if you can find them, maybe you can hire THE A-TEAM
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every INFP I've ever tried to date has lectured me at one point or another about proper Fe. Yes, socionics is very, very real.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Every INFP I've ever tried to date has lectured me at one point or another about proper Fe. Yes, socionics is very, very real.
    Do or do not, BUT THERE IS NO TRY

ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post

Hey isfj dual come to my caress
    thanks for confirming my suspicion.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand the question. There must be something I'm missing here that everyone else seems to know; in what physical sense is OP asking if socionics is real? Under what interpretation of the functions, under what physical model of its existence (i.e. is it a physical manifestation in our brains, is it something that exists outside the human, etc.), under what extended structure and application is OP asking about?

From what I've seen of this topic, it seems like people are giving their answer based on their personal versions of socionics, which have a wide disparity between each other.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

sorry if theres already been a thread on this, i didnt feel like searching.

is socionics (the functions, model, etc) something that exists in the real world that the theory points to?

my answer is no - though ive argued otherwise in the past (my thought at the time was something along the lines that it should be real to have a point to it). i think this is the reason i'm fed up with it now, having seen it as some tangible and restricting thing for so long (and its still a hard idea to get rid of). i wish i could word myself better, i'm not sure if my question makes sense the way i want it to, but maybe i can clarify if i get responses that point the way.

thoughts?
    Don't you think the problem is with cunts who try to make it describe everything?

Sorry about the language but that's how I chat.

Sometimes it works more than other times...some people.

I mean, some folk hate a particular dual, life.

Just put it as an arsenal of many, it's like saying all blacks are loosers, most of them might be, but....life.

Hope this helps...it's not an exact science, but it can sometimes work a lot.

Just don't expect it to explain everything, but if it explains NOTHING, find a forum/a thing that does matter.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see that threads of a "is socionics real" kind do nothing but flourish these days. It probably has to do with too much of an emphasis given to functions over dichotomies and stuff. The functions are tricky. They're very bad to start with. At this point in time, at least.
    Last edited by Trevor; 08-20-2011 at 12:04 AM.

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's as real as any other form of psychology IMO. Although I'll admit that Socionics is better because pop psychology, especially western pop psychology, is one giant clusterfsck of fail.

Don't tell the teenagers though, they might start rebelling against the system hardcore.

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12