Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 162

Thread: Type InvisibleJim

  1. #1
    InvisibleJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Si vis pacem
    TIM
    para bellum
    Posts
    4,832
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Type InvisibleJim

    Some of you know me, some of you don't.

    Go wild!


  2. #2
    함부로 애틋하게 Kierva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    TIM
    3w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    228
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ESFP 7w6 ESE-Fe

    im just pulling that out of my ass
    언제나.

  3. #3
    Quack quack Hemoglobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Australia
    TIM
    LSI- Se 6w5
    Posts
    241
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sexy
    Narcissistic
    Egotistical
    Loyal
    Intelligent

    ...oh wait you mean typology?

  4. #4
    InvisibleJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Si vis pacem
    TIM
    para bellum
    Posts
    4,832
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Cute.

  5. #5
    Cat King Cole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Posts
    736
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    InvisibleJim
    Know I'm mistyped?


    Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

    DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

  6. #6
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    resolute IxTx
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  7. #7
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,693
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I know INTx, and I was always inclined toward INTj. But not enough experience to be sure.
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

  8. #8
    InvisibleJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Si vis pacem
    TIM
    para bellum
    Posts
    4,832
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have determined thus far that I am INTp/ILI-Te. You can convince me away from the current position if you can tease from me any relevant evidence or theory I might be unaware of to make changing this position the correct choice.

  9. #9
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Seems fine to me.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  10. #10
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,693
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    I have determined thus far that I am INTp/ILI-Te. You can convince me away from the current position if you can tease from me any relevant evidence or theory I might be unaware of to make changing this position the correct choice.
    Is Te-ILI justification or precision?
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

  11. #11
    InvisibleJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Si vis pacem
    TIM
    para bellum
    Posts
    4,832
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    Is Te-ILI justification or precision?
    I do not know.

  12. #12
    ഗന᎕ᒹ ±ᗉᚔXᙂഗ woofwoofl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Southern Arizona
    TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Posts
    1,907
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't have much to go on, and for this very reason, I'm considering SLI pretty heavily

    I'm gonna say Te-IxTp right now, I need more evidence though...

  13. #13
    InvisibleJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Si vis pacem
    TIM
    para bellum
    Posts
    4,832
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    I don't have much to go on, and for this very reason, I'm considering SLI pretty heavily

    I'm gonna say Te-IxTp right now, I need more evidence though...
    Is it the normal for you to assume an answer when you confess you don't have anything like the required evidence?

  14. #14
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How can people have some evidence after 5 posts. Write something about yourself.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  15. #15
    InvisibleJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Si vis pacem
    TIM
    para bellum
    Posts
    4,832
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    How can people have some evidence after 5 posts. Write something about yourself.
    As I said above, in a roundabout way, ask!

  16. #16
    Quack quack Hemoglobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Australia
    TIM
    LSI- Se 6w5
    Posts
    241
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Jim Jim, you should fill out Aleksei's questions

    Go to my type me thread and use those questions if you want.

  17. #17
    Hiding Typhon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Valhalla
    TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Posts
    2,645
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have seemingly misleading question for you Invisible Jim: Do you like to remain in the shadows and fear the spotlight?

  18. #18
    ഗന᎕ᒹ ±ᗉᚔXᙂഗ woofwoofl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Southern Arizona
    TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Posts
    1,907
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    I don't have much to go on, and for this very reason, I'm considering SLI pretty heavily

    I'm gonna say Te-IxTp right now, I need more evidence though...
    Is it the normal for you to assume an answer when you confess you don't have anything like the required evidence?
    Yes!

    If I'm right, I'm done; if I'm wrong, then someone's gonna clean up the mess! If they don't, then I'm as good as right

    Hop in one of the chatboxes or in the IRC so we can all get to know you better! If you're in or close to Gamma, I think you'll like the IRC in particular, it's pretty Gamma up in there and it rules...

  19. #19
    InvisibleJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Si vis pacem
    TIM
    para bellum
    Posts
    4,832
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Jim Jim, you should fill out Aleksei's questions

    Go to my type me thread and use those questions if you want.
    I'm sure I've answered this elsewhere, therefore I am likely to skip questions due to repetition

    1) What are 5 key qualities about you, and what is each of their direct opposites?

    Observant - Engaged
    Temperamental - Stable
    Honest - Dishonest
    Reliable - Unreliable
    Objective - Subjective

    3) What are your interests? Why?

    Engineering - Tis my job
    Economics - Tis fun
    Computering - Tis fun
    Gaming - Tis fun

    5) What can you not do, because it might jeopardize your survival?

    Become overly reliant upon other individuals

    6) What do you like in other people? Why?

    Competence - can trust them to be reliable and follow through
    Honesty - clearly
    Evidence based decision making - Is a great trait

    7) What do you dislike in other people? Why?

    The opposite of 6.

    8) What would your ideal partner be like?

    A multibillionaire supermodel who is introverted and likes lots of sex.

    9) Do you enjoy comfort, sensory indulgence, relaxation? Are you physically hedonistic (parties, dancing, binges, good eating, etc.)? Do you focus finely on physical sensations, carefully savoring them?

    This varies; occasionally I can bask in thai massage etc, or binge on going with friends for meals and drinks; but rarely more than this.

    10) Do you find yourself neglecting bodily concerns and pushing your body beyond reasonable limits (like skipping sleep or meals or the like)? If so, do you appreciate being encouraged to slow down and take care of yourself, or does it make you feel annoyed or mollycoddled?

    Yup. Not really, its mollycoddling.

    11) Do you focus more on what you need to take care of at the moment, or on the end goal? Do you prefer an attitude of leaving no stone left unturned, or do you only focus on what you feel is necessary to reach your end goals? Are you thorough or sloppy? If neither applies to you, which do you prefer in other people?

    Neccessary, thorough and both!

    12) Are you forever chasing after new ideas and possibilities, or do you prefer dreaming up imaginative scenarios and fully fleshed-out plans? If neither applies to you, which do you prefer in other people?

    This depends, my focus jumps from new idea to new idea and rests on it. Usually I move on when everyone else appears to be encroaching on my pet idea. This crowds my intellectual headspace and winds me up.

    14) Do you solve all variables, difficulties and contingencies as they come up? Or do you prefer to pick the most likely outcome or most likely conclusion and plan with it in mind?

    I solve the lot the required level of detail and then steer the conclusion unless there is substantial evidence available to prove the best direction of outcome.

    15) Are you prone to uncertainty or indecisiveness? When you have multiple opportunities to choose from, do you analyze them all? Or do you want to cut out the ones that aren’t likely or are least likely; pick just one?

    I'm uncertain when I don't know where to go, otherwise I'm decisive.

    17) Are you assertive? Aggressive? Do you like it when other people are?

    I'm assertive and aggressive when people rub up against me. I don't mind others being the same when they feel threatened or when the have a good track record for doing it in a decent way. Call it trust.

    18) Are you able to relax? Or are you restless and fidgety?

    Totally fidgety.

    19) Do you prefer concepts, principles, rules, procedures, etc. to be precise and lack ambiguity, or do you prefer simple solutions that offer (or as long as they offer) greater efficiency and productivity?

    Depends on the stage of the concept. Yes, I prefer things to be laid out efficiently, but I loathe people executing things mechanically that are ill thought through.

    21) Are you passionate? Emotional? Given to performance or histrionics? Do you enjoy those qualities in other people?

    Passionate. I do like it in other people. It shows a level of care.

    22) Are you aware of when you're stepping on other peoples' toes, or offend them? When you're not liked?

    Yes and I enjoy it when I've decided this what I want to do.

    23) Are you sensitive to others being emotionally hurt or offended?

    Not really; not unless its someone I care for that not to happen to.

    24) Would you say that the status of your personal relationships with people, your distance to them, is an important criterion for guiding your behavior?

    Yes, very much so.

  20. #20
    InvisibleJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Si vis pacem
    TIM
    para bellum
    Posts
    4,832
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    I have seemingly misleading question for you Invisible Jim: Do you like to remain in the shadows and fear the spotlight?
    This depends on what is required; it's situational.

  21. #21
    Bananas are good. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Rift
    TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,632
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm tentatively going with LII-Te, but this is ridiculously difficult. You don't put in nearly enough bloody detail in your answers.
    Last edited by Aleksei; 07-29-2011 at 09:49 PM.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

    Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

    For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

    -Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

  22. #22
    InvisibleJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Si vis pacem
    TIM
    para bellum
    Posts
    4,832
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    I'm tentatively going with LII-Te, but this is ridiculously difficult. You don't put in nearly enough bloody detain in your answers.

  23. #23
    Bananas are good. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Rift
    TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,632
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    *detail.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

    Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

    For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

    -Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

  24. #24
    Self banned bionic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    gotham city
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w9 sx/sp
    Posts
    163
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    I'm tentatively going with LII-Te, but this is ridiculously difficult. You don't put in nearly enough bloody detain in your answers.

  25. #25
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What is an LII-Te?

  26. #26
    InvisibleJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Si vis pacem
    TIM
    para bellum
    Posts
    4,832
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    *detail.
    Regarding detail:

    Detail is a flawed typing mechanism. All it leads to in the Ji-Pe categorization perception is ticking of 'relevant boxes' as opposed to understanding of the direction/vectors of action that leads to a more detailed understanding.

    Therefore, one can tick 50% ENTP if one chooses, but it doesn't mean that is the 'true' answer.

    And thus my disdain for massively erroneous 'Ti-Ne/Se' circle jerk questionnaires.

  27. #27
    Quack quack Hemoglobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Australia
    TIM
    LSI- Se 6w5
    Posts
    241
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nawww thanks for filling it out... I like it when you listen to me


    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post

    17) Are you assertive? Aggressive? Do you like it when other people are?

    I'm assertive and aggressive when people rub up against me.
    LOL.

    *rubs*

  28. #28
    silke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Posts
    3,805
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    yep Te-ILI

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    *detail.
    Regarding detail:

    Detail is a flawed typing mechanism. All it leads to in the Ji-Pe categorization perception is ticking of 'relevant boxes' as opposed to understanding of the direction/vectors of action that leads to a more detailed understanding.

    Therefore, one can tick 50% ENTP if one chooses, but it doesn't mean that is the 'true' answer.

    And thus my disdain for massively erroneous 'Ti-Ne/Se' circle jerk questionnaires.
    That's Ji-Si you're talking about. This need for specifics and details seems to be associated with Si. If you're referring to Aleksei's typing methodology majority of people here type him as ENTp, a Ti-Si type, not as an ENFj which is his self-typing.

  29. #29
    InvisibleJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Si vis pacem
    TIM
    para bellum
    Posts
    4,832
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    yep Te-ILI

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post

    Regarding detail:

    Detail is a flawed typing mechanism. All it leads to in the Ji-Pe categorization perception is ticking of 'relevant boxes' as opposed to understanding of the direction/vectors of action that leads to a more detailed understanding.

    Therefore, one can tick 50% ENTP if one chooses, but it doesn't mean that is the 'true' answer.

    And thus my disdain for massively erroneous 'Ti-Ne/Se' circle jerk questionnaires.
    That's Ji-Si you're talking about. This need for specifics and details seems to be associated with Si. If you're referring to Aleksei's typing methodology majority of people here type him as ENTp, a Ti-Si type, not as an ENFj which is his self-typing.
    Si is overrated when it comes to 'detail'. S is always a sensate detail function, merely whether your attitude is to inwards/introverted the information to a single appreciation from the viewer.

    You should be careful: This is not a thread titled 'Type Aleksei Off Topic'. Also his ego is not both Ji-Si, that's just silly and defies the laws of typology. Je<->Pi, Ji<->Pe please.

  30. #30
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    You always seemed like an ISTj to me, personally.

    ISTjs are the tough 'military guys' in the Beta quadra, NOT estp. (somebody like that wouldn't be my dual) estps are more of the fantasy 'movie star' action hero that is more idealistic (Ni dual seeking vs. Fe dual seeking)

    Being fidgety is related to IJ temperament as well. My INTj dad has the shakes so bad! =/

    Also the fact you like passion in other people REALLY points to Fe dual-seeking.

  31. #31
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just curious, why do you think in your head that you are Te valuing and not Ti valuing?

  32. #32
    InvisibleJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Si vis pacem
    TIM
    para bellum
    Posts
    4,832
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    You always seemed like an ISTj to me, personally.

    ISTjs are the tough 'military guys' in the Beta quadra, NOT estp. (somebody like that wouldn't be my dual) estps are more of the fantasy 'movie star' action hero that is more idealistic (Ni dual seeking vs. Fe dual seeking)

    Being fidgety is related to IJ temperament as well. My INTj dad has the shakes so bad! =/

    Also the fact you like passion in other people REALLY points to Fe dual-seeking.
    Fidgety is an agreeable approximation. I am Fe PoLR. However, the prioritisation of N over S is based on reactionary S/Id breakthrough.

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Just curious, why do you think in your head that you are Te valuing and not Ti valuing?
    Because although I'm process inclined and I base my logical/critical judgements on dissonant external evidence as opposed to attempting to tick all the internal head-maths boxes. In addition I am always willing to layout the critical analysis box for review to others (Te parent, not Ti parent).

  33. #33
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    You always seemed like an ISTj to me, personally.
    Yep, that was my unsubstantiated impression too.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  34. #34
    InvisibleJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Si vis pacem
    TIM
    para bellum
    Posts
    4,832
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    You always seemed like an ISTj to me, personally.
    Yep, that was my unsubstantiated impression too.
    16 types doesn't understand Ni either. This doesn't surprise me, although, socionists should be more familiar of the consequences of Ego vs Id positions.

    Anyway, many people have asked me how I can very quickly gauge if claimed Ni dominants are 'as they say' before they change type many months later.

    It's really quite simple.

    To earn a place in the Ni dominant seat (which is much more exclusive than suggested by typology forums) one must be constantly seeking highly individualised external environments to the point of madness to the onlooker...

    It is the nature of the Ni dominant to seek an 'individual' frontier. To be Ni dominant is to seek rejection of Se. Se is a function driven to relate in the moment to sensory input from individuals around you. Ni is the opposite, it seeks to expel individuals around you to free up mind space.

    To locate the Ni dominant look for the individual who is willing to push their friends away for space often for extended periods of time and also to travel totally against societal grain in doing so.

    This is true of all Ni dominants. We are incredibly fickle and particular beasts and you can see that it is 'borderline' present in the Ni 2nds, the ENxJs.

    What you tend to find is that Ni dominants are both 'early adopters' and 'early leavers' and can also be frictional in doing so. The mindset of Ni is such that it is actively resentful that others have encroached on it's intellectual and psychological head space.

    What I tend to find on Typology forums is 'weak Ni counter-rationalisation' from many members of typology boards to label themselves with a more 'favourable' in their view type because they feel organised and thus J and mystical and thus Ni... really, come on.

    Until you can clear that from the mind, you might as well look for the simpler factor: Id breakthrough, but this is not 100% in screening due to others being capable of manufacturing the required 'experience' in the correct 'order' to fool the logical classification.

    This is a repeat of a post I made on INFJsforum recently.

  35. #35
    InvisibleJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Si vis pacem
    TIM
    para bellum
    Posts
    4,832
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    I'd highly disagree that doms seek rejection of —rather, both are complementary to one another (though not necessarily in the stereotypical ways that get parroted here).

    Anyway, I was thinking since your arrival that you smell like faux-ILI and are probably LII.
    *facepalms* I almost got whiplash from the speed of that facepalm.


  36. #36
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh jesus, please don't take it personally and rant about it. I believe in self-typings thus if your own impression of yourself is coherent with ILI, then ILI will be. But don't rant on me for expressing an opinion which I clearly specified as being unsubstantiated. The nature of Ni has little to do with it, given that I have only read a handful of your posts, thus I don't have much information upon which I could try to base an inference about your usage of such or such function.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  37. #37
    InvisibleJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Si vis pacem
    TIM
    para bellum
    Posts
    4,832
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Oh jesus, please don't take it personally and rant about it. I believe in self-typings thus if your own impression of yourself is coherent with ILI, then ILI will be. But don't rant on me for expressing an opinion which I clearly specified as being unsubstantiated. The nature of Ni has little to do with it, given that I have only read a handful of your posts, thus I don't have much information upon which I could try to base an inference about your usage of such or such function.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    *facepalms* I almost got whiplash from the speed of that face palm.
    Break your own neck next time.
    Defensive about our opinions aren't we?

    Okay let me educate you. There can be several Se Super-id types are inertia-driven with regards to sensate activities. However you will note that they will always be reactionary negative to spontaneous/unexpected sensate changes.

    So whiplash is a highly appropriate summary of the situation.

    Sorry if I just Ni jizzed on your monitor.

  38. #38
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You're asking for an opinion in this thread, so you don't need to educate others about what their opinion ought to be in order to agree with your own mental construct. Next time, just decide your type on your own and avoid discussing altogether, if you can't take a diverging opinion without acting annoyed.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  39. #39
    InvisibleJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Si vis pacem
    TIM
    para bellum
    Posts
    4,832
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    You're asking for an opinion in this thread, so you don't need to educate others about what their opinion ought to be in order to agree with your own mental construct. Next time, just decide your type on your own and avoid discussing altogether, if you can't take a diverging opinion without acting annoyed.
    Incorrect, I'm not looking for opinions; I'm looking for logical deductions regarding type. If we base our analyses on whether one 'prefers' blue or 'prefers' red, then it is a futile exercise.

    If you wish to demand that others have no right to challenge your logical deductions then I recommend you pull the cable out the back of your internet router and back away slowly from the internet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Methinks you're firing blanks.
    Says the man who has provided little consequential deduction other than... 'In my opinion you are'. Isn't your type Te first and thus prone to looking for and sharing logic with others in it's environment. I recommend that you engage this rather than being juvenile.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Not really.
    I recommend you read the following:

    Quote Originally Posted by Wikisocion, ILI
    ILIs are often characterized by their inertia. If left to their own devices, they may choose to do relatively little to interact with the outside world. When they do interact, they often find their activities empty and unsatisfying
    Woops. I believe you've just came up short as a knowledgeable person regarding differentiating Nx vs Sx and it's position in the psyche. I recommend selling warbonds and spend that consumer surplus on improving your understanding. This isn't a newbie error, it's a complex one and thus I do not blame you for making it. The introverted perceiving functions are notoriously difficult to discombogulate.

  40. #40
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How can you create a chain of logical deductions based on absolutely no evidence? People cannot possess large amounts of information about a "newbie", so I doubt this attitude of yours is constructive.

    Plus, the typing process does not necessarily lend itself to such a strict methodology. Obviously, I'm not reacting to a perceived challenge towards my logical deductions, since I didn't even make any.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •