So Aleksei has typed me already on another forum and was basically who got me interested in socionics in the first place...
I thought it'd be interesting to see what others thought my typing was, perhaps to prove him wrong
The first two questions are from another question set... I got bored towards the end and just copied those... happens when you start with the last question
1. What are 5 key qualities about you, and what is each of their direct opposites?
Observant vs unobservant
Guarded vs open
Nurturing vs neglectful
Confident vs timid
Calculated vs spontaneous
2. Now explain why each of the opposites COULD be you and why it might be GOOD to be that opposite characteristic. Own them even if they are negative traits.
I can be very unobservant some times when it comes to my physical reality. Looks seem to fade into the background, and make way for the truer underlying meanings to come to the forefront.
When somebody approaches me in a way for my barriers to come tumbling down I become very open. It is good to be open with people because you can develop trust and bond on a deeper level.
I can be neglectful to people/things when I am too focused on one area in my life: ie work. I become very one track minded and concentrate on that and that alone. In being neglectful I have more energy to get the job done correctly and people feel less need to depend on me. I feel less burdened.
I can be timid, this keeps me from making stupid decisions and not risk sticking my neck out only to get my head chopped off.
I can be spontaneous at times and do crazy things for the sake of lulz. This makes me come off less severe to the people around me and they seem to relax a lot more.
3) What are your interests? Why?
Tarot; it's a pre designed system that uses symbolism to explain hidden meanings in our day to day thinking.
Science Fiction/Fantasy novels... it's a different world, whats not to love?
Learning body language- helps me gauge other peoples motives.
Metaphysics- helps me get an idea of what to expect (did I mention I was a control freak.... anything to help me predict whats coming and use it to my advantage)
4) What do you want out of life?
Recognition for my efforts
A close knit circle of friends
My own family
A comfortable lifestyle
A supportive partner
5) What can you not do, because it might jeopardize your survival?
Show any sign of vulnerability.
6) What do you like in other people? Why?
Mental forititude - A strong minded person makes me feel that I can trust them a lot easier.
Eccentricity- I am addicted to the eccentrics in life. They help me feel alive.
Passion- A passionate person no matter what their cause makes them much more animated, interesting, and tend to be able to catch my attention faster.
Sensuality- I like a highly sensual people because they seem to compliment my own behaviour.
Intelligence- That way I can carry an intellectual conversation with them without getting bored with the mundane.
7) What do you dislike in other people? Why?
People who are constantly feeling sorry for themselves, but will not make the effort to fix themselves.... I tend to see them as weak and pathetic.
Emotional outbursts that have no structure to them...
People that speak with no substance.
Disrespectful people that offend my sense of time, resources, and importance. Ie turning up late to my house, dicking me around emotionally etc.
People who talk about their personal feelings at parties... ugh! OMG whyyyyy?
8) What would your ideal partner be like?
I like them a little bit angry LOL! Okay... passionate is the better term. I love it when they are the star of the show, the life of the party. I love watching my partner getting loads of attention and being enjoyed by those around them. I love them to be impressive, intelligent, dramatic, quirky, eccentric, overtly romantic, charming, ridiculous, dominant, daring. I want them to be able to stand up to me and be able to put me into my place. I want them to be able to keep up with me intellectually, and be open to my ideas and writings.. also not mock my personal philosophies which are intensely private.
I respect honesty and loyalty above most else. I have high expectations about my partner when it comes to loyalty... I can and enjoy watching flirtation but I expect to be number one to that person. I used to hate jealousy in a partner, but now I am realising that it's actually a little endearing... mostly showing that they care.
Physical appearance isn't overly important to me, I tend to zone in on quirks I like anyway... They need to smell good though, if a person offends my olfactory senses they immediately have no chance with me. I am incredibly picky in that respect.
I like them to be a lot more emotional than me and to be patient with my emotions... by them opening up first emotionally I feel more secure in opening up my own.. I dislike emotional spillage though when it is negative.. in that respect emotions are to be said in a detached clear and precise manner. No emotional blackmail is acceptable and is one of the things that will cause an immediate termination of the relationship.
I enjoy arrogance and confidence. I love a man that can think clearly and believe he is right no matter what. I like him to be more dominant than myself... not so much sexually but in thinking, but I have to naturally allow him to be dominant otherwise we're in for rocky waters.
I also like him to be decisive in what he wants in day to day matters. I want him to be dedicated to what he does, and to me- I want him to fight for me and I want to equally have to fight for him. I want him to be the King in the relationship and myself to be the Queen. Respect is very very important- mental, physicall and emotional boundaries of massive importance.
(Also sex on a first date is totally fine by me... LOL... shhh!)
9) Do you enjoy comfort, sensory indulgence, relaxation? Are you physically hedonistic (parties, dancing, binges, good eating, etc.)? Do you focus finely on physical sensations, carefully savoring them?
I am a creature of comfort.. this is why I am not thin lol. I love food, I love smells... I love to be surrounded by beautiful things, I like to wear good clothes that I know look good on me and eat in the best restaurants. If I like a particular food why should I not eat it? I have a habit of over indulging... food, alcohol (not binge drinking, but I do enjoy it a fair bit) socialising, sex, music... I think I am probably overly hedonistic.. and I tend to share my hedonism, so many others enjoy spending time with me because they know they will be fed well lol.
I do tend to feel a bit guilty about this and will then do the extreme opposite of going celibate, extreme dieting, water fasting, and periods of isolation to kind of ermmm... restore myself? I seem to have a love hate relationship with my hedonism.
10) Do you find yourself neglecting bodily concerns and pushing your body beyond reasonable limits (like skipping sleep or meals or the like)? If so, do you appreciate being encouraged to slow down and take care of yourself, or does it make you feel annoyed or mollycoddled?
If I am limerent I tend to ignore my body and live on very very limited sleep and will often forget to eat. I get really annoyed when people tell me to slow down but deep down inside I feel really loved if the other cares enough about me to tell me to get some sleep and eat etc.
I kind of also like this trait in others as well as it shows me the passion is returned...
11) Do you focus more on what you need to take care of at the moment, or on the end goal? Do you prefer an attitude of leaving no stone left unturned, or do you only focus on what you feel is necessary to reach your end goals? Are you thorough or sloppy? If neither applies to you, which do you prefer in other people?
I tend to focus on the end goal and will focus only on what I feel is necessary to get there... I can be quite sloppy though doing this method. I also have a tendency of doing everything last minute.
12) Are you forever chasing after new ideas and possibilities, or do you prefer dreaming up imaginative scenarios and fully fleshed-out plans? If neither applies to you, which do you prefer in other people?
I love to day dream up imaginary scenarios and fully fleshed out plans and I prefer this trait also in others.
13) Do you look for the hidden implications of concepts in analysis, and what they lead to? Or do you prefer to examine how concepts relate to each other? If neither applies to you, which do you prefer in other people?
I tend to do the former of the two.
14) Do you solve all variables, difficulties and contingencies as they come up? Or do you prefer to pick the most likely outcome or most likely conclusion and plan with it in mind?
I have a tendency to try to predict the most likely outcome and plan all my contingencies around that and the variables that could happen from that one outcome.
15) Are you prone to uncertainty or indecisiveness? When you have multiple opportunities to choose from, do you analyze them all? Or do you want to cut out the ones that aren’t likely or are least likely; pick just one?
I am a highly decisive person about pretty much everything... I have a tendency to cut out options and narrow down to the most likely, or most suitable one.
16) Are you open to any avenue that might offer potential opportunities? Or do you prefer to make sure the odds are in favor of a new avenue bringing benefits?
I am open, but I do prefer the odds to already be stacked towards me...
17) Are you assertive? Aggressive? Do you like it when other people are?
I am very assertive when I want something, I relentlessly pursue it until I get it. When it comes to my emotions though I am currently on massive self preservation mode so I haven't been so aggressive/confident romantically as I have been in the past. I've also noticed that I am having an extra hard time lately gauging how people feel about me.
In terms of others being aggressive towards me; I like it... but only on my terms. I find it a bit offputting for somebody to be so aggressively pursuing me if I myself am not overly interested. My mind is not easily changed about a person so by pursuing me harder you are only doing yourself a disfavour.
18) Are you able to relax? Or are you restless and fidgety?
I think I am able to relax but apparently I have a very stiff body. I'm not so much restless of fidgety I think my mind is always active. People tend to think I am stuck up/angry/annoyed due to my body language.
19) Do you prefer concepts, principles, rules, procedures, etc. to be precise and lack ambiguity, or do you prefer simple solutions that offer (or as long as they offer) greater efficiency and productivity?
The former of the two, but I prefer them to be flexible so I can change them if they are not proving to be effecient of productive enough.
20) Are you a practical person in general? Elaborate.
I think I am practical because I am adaptable. My survival is the utmost importance to me so by adapting to my environment (work, social, home) I learn what needs to be done. My way of being 'liked' is by being practical minded, as opposed to the common female 'emotional minded'. I struggle with my emotions and well, being a female in general so this forced me to become more practical.
21) Are you passionate? Emotional? Given to performance or histrionics? Do you enjoy those qualities in other people?
I am extremely passionate about my feelings towards my friends and significant others. I will go out of my way to write them epic love letters, poetry, shower them with gifts, and spend excessive amounts of time with them if that's what they want. I used to be a very jealous person and would have 'passion fits' if I felt the other was being disloyal. I am now a closet jealous person, I don't tend to act out my jealousy anymore... as I see it as immature.
I love complimenting people, and I love people that can take the compliments well. It is my way of showing them my appreciation. I also love people that give compliments... I am a bit of a peacock after all.
I enjoy other people who are similarly if not more passionate then myself emotionally... but are private about it at the same time. I can be extremely controling when it comes to public displays of emotion... (affection is fine though). Any public sign of weakness in our relationship and I go crazy... I hate looking weak and in all honesty, I hate my partner to also look weak... we need to look like an impressive unit.
22) Are you aware of when you're stepping on other peoples' toes, or offend them? When you're not liked?
Yes, I am highly aware of how I behave around other people. I have a hard time gauging other people's emotional responses to myself so I tend to watch for body language a lot to give me signals... When I know I am disliked I tend to try even harder to be nice to that person instead of dismissing them.
23) Are you sensitive to others being emotionally hurt or offended?
I would like to say that yes, I am in fact sensitive... but the truth of the matter is I am not. I am only sensitive to another person's emotional state when it directly impacts on myself and puts me into an uncomfortable situation.
24) Would you say that the status of your personal relationships with people, your distance to them, is an important criterion for guiding your behavior?
Very much so, but I think I already answered this question sufficiently.