Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: I think I might be an enneagram type 7 - Morcheeba's type

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Saugerties,NY
    TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default I think I might be an enneagram type 7 - Morcheeba's type

    I only say this because I relate to the description of an unhealthy 7, how that can manifest as being highly introspective like a 4, can anyone help me out to determine if in fact I am?
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1


    As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Saugerties,NY
    TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Idk if that link was very useful, I relate to the reactive group, but again this could be associated with an unhealthy 7 I would assume.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1


    As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

  3. #3
    Arete GuavaDrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Now in stores near you.
    TIM
    EIE 9w8-5-4 s?
    Posts
    1,524
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Reason is a whore.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Saugerties,NY
    TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up

    The first link was very helpful, I'm still a 4.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1


    As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

  5. #5
    Arete GuavaDrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Now in stores near you.
    TIM
    EIE 9w8-5-4 s?
    Posts
    1,524
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Haha, another one brainwashed to the fold.
    Reason is a whore.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Saugerties,NY
    TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post
    Haha, another one brainwashed to the fold.
    huh???
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1


    As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

  7. #7
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,633
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Unlikely (I mean 7 for you).
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Saugerties,NY
    TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Unlikely (I mean 7 for you).
    Why do you say that? I very well could be, i relate to some of what the description of an E7 would be, their are some correlations. What do you mean?
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1


    As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Saugerties,NY
    TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    and who are you anyway, i thought the drunk dude was responding lol.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1


    As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

  10. #10
    Arete GuavaDrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Now in stores near you.
    TIM
    EIE 9w8-5-4 s?
    Posts
    1,524
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post
    Haha, another one brainwashed to the fold.
    huh???
    I'm joking. Since business was temporarily over.
    Reason is a whore.

  11. #11
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't know if you should take what people say here too much to heart. I suppose this includes myself, but I'm still being kinda intellectually arrogant because I don't agree that you even are a 4. =p

    I always disagreed that you were a 4, and thought you were much more like a 5. I always thought, like I said before, other people pegged you as a 4 because of your stereotypical female-like compassion or something. It's a generic type a lot of people get lumped into.

    I see the 8 integration a lot more than I see you integrating to 1, but mehhh I guess it's up to you. It's like 'Just because somebody is empathetic and compassionate doesn't mean they are a fucking 4. Everybody should ideally be that way.'

    Have you personally blossomed by being more assertive, or by being more morally objective? I see the former a lot more than the latter. Even though being more morally objective is helpful for anybody on the planet, it's about what makes your own individual soul/psyche skyrocket. Somebody like Nick would personally grow by being more morally objective. Somebody like you... (a 5 imo) would grow more by being assertive and challenging/'pushy.'

  12. #12
    Azeroffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    California
    TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,216
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    integration/disintegration isn't the best way to figure out etype.

    5 just seems silly for her.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Saugerties,NY
    TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I don't know if you should take what people say here too much to heart. I suppose this includes myself, but I'm still being kinda intellectually arrogant because I don't agree that you even are a 4. =p

    I always disagreed that you were a 4, and thought you were much more like a 5. I always thought, like I said before, other people pegged you as a 4 because of your stereotypical female-like compassion or something. It's a generic type a lot of people get lumped into.

    I see the 8 integration a lot more than I see you integrating to 1, but mehhh I guess it's up to you. It's like 'Just because somebody is empathetic and compassionate doesn't mean they are a fucking 4. Everybody should ideally be that way.'

    Have you personally blossomed by being more assertive, or by being more morally objective? I see the former a lot more than the latter. Even though being more morally objective is helpful for anybody on the planet, it's about what makes your own individual soul/psyche skyrocket. Somebody like Nick would personally grow by being more morally objective. Somebody like you... (a 5 imo) would grow more by being assertive and challenging/'pushy.'
    I guess integration towards an 8 sounds more ideal, but again this could be HA. I think the HA for me in some part has to do with my sense of being weak in some way and trying to appear more assertive, grounded and tough in a sense. I'm on the fence as far as my etype could be.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1


    As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

  14. #14
    Arete GuavaDrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Now in stores near you.
    TIM
    EIE 9w8-5-4 s?
    Posts
    1,524
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well then, put it this way: deep down, deep deep down past all the facades and the walls, what hurts the most? What brings you to tears (or far-reaching pain)? What, when brought up to attention, makes the biggest hole in your heart? Not feeling your own worth, not feeling worthy of being human (or some variation thereof)? Or the fear of having to stop experiencing, stop searching and running, and facing the pain inside, the fear of facing pain?

    No need to report results, just think about it honestly.

    Hope this helps.
    Reason is a whore.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Saugerties,NY
    TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't know why I question my type, I took the test like 10 times today lol, everytime it says I'm a 4w5. I'm just too weird and self absorbed to be a 7.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1


    As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

  16. #16
    Azeroffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    California
    TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,216
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    have you ever seriously considered 3?
    they can be similar to 7s and 4s.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Saugerties,NY
    TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    have you ever seriously considered 3?
    they can be similar to 7s and 4s.
    I'm not ambitious or competent, lol, so no I guess I can't relate to E3.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1


    As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

  18. #18
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I feel like you are definitely the same Sociotype as Implied. She was 6w5 though.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  19. #19
    Azeroffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    California
    TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,216
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    have you ever seriously considered 3?
    they can be similar to 7s and 4s.
    I'm not ambitious or competent, lol, so no I guess I can't relate to E3.
    lol I don't think I've ever heard someone say they aren't competent. Everyone is competent at something.
    That statement alone makes me think e4 is probably right. lol
    3w4-5w6-9w8

  20. #20
    Arete GuavaDrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Now in stores near you.
    TIM
    EIE 9w8-5-4 s?
    Posts
    1,524
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    I don't know why I question my type, I took the test like 10 times today lol, everytime it says I'm a 4w5. I'm just too weird and self absorbed to be a 7.
    I wouldn't recommend tests but self-knowledge. Then you gain in the process, even if you don't come to a conclusion. Might just be me though.
    Reason is a whore.

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Saugerties,NY
    TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I feel like you are definitely the same Sociotype as Implied. She was 6w5 though.
    Sociotype???
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1


    As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

  22. #22
    Arete GuavaDrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Now in stores near you.
    TIM
    EIE 9w8-5-4 s?
    Posts
    1,524
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Found something brand new that could help put a full stop to this business:

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...oint-five.html

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...point-one.html
    Reason is a whore.

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Saugerties,NY
    TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks GuavaDrunk for taking the time to link those sites for me. I've decided that I am in fact 4w5, not sure why I questioned that to begin with.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1


    As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

  24. #24
    Arete GuavaDrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Now in stores near you.
    TIM
    EIE 9w8-5-4 s?
    Posts
    1,524
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    No problem, especially when I get thanked for it.

    Must be the identity fixation.
    Reason is a whore.

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Saugerties,NY
    TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I don't know if you should take what people say here too much to heart. I suppose this includes myself, but I'm still being kinda intellectually arrogant because I don't agree that you even are a 4. =p

    I always disagreed that you were a 4, and thought you were much more like a 5. I always thought, like I said before, other people pegged you as a 4 because of your stereotypical female-like compassion or something. It's a generic type a lot of people get lumped into.

    I see the 8 integration a lot more than I see you integrating to 1, but mehhh I guess it's up to you. It's like 'Just because somebody is empathetic and compassionate doesn't mean they are a fucking 4. Everybody should ideally be that way.'

    Have you personally blossomed by being more assertive, or by being more morally objective? I see the former a lot more than the latter. Even though being more morally objective is helpful for anybody on the planet, it's about what makes your own individual soul/psyche skyrocket. Somebody like Nick would personally grow by being more morally objective. Somebody like you... (a 5 imo) would grow more by being assertive and challenging/'pushy.'
    Ok, now I see your point, I am part of the power seeking triad for sure now that I did more research. If the type compatibilities are true then five makes more sense then 4, given the fact that my relations with a 2 in my life have been the most volatile of them all.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1


    As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •