Thread: Jason Wade (Lifehouse)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Jason Wade (Lifehouse)

From the band Lifehouse.

quotes:

I'm at a place where it doesn't matter to me what other people think. I'm comfortable being myself. I write from an honest place, not thinking about who's going to hear it, what they're going to think. Or how they're going to interpret it. The lyrics can't be contrived. They have to hit you right in the heart.

Unfortunately we're not one of those bands that gets a whole lot of press, or belong to the Katy Perry, Lady Gaga genre. We've had to work harder to make people familiar with our band. And that means a lot of time touring and a lot of time in the studio. Many nights at the Holiday Inn.

My favorite experiences in the studio are the ones that happen unexpectedly and spontaneously.You never know when the inspiration will hit or that kind of magic will happen. But that's what we love about what we do.

Maybe it’s me moving to California from Seattle where it rains nine months out of the year to this place where it’s sunny all of the time. I’ve always kind of pulled from the elements of whatever is going on around me. I think there’s such really powerful metaphors in nature that I’ve always kind of gravitated toward.

Leaving a record company to kind of become more of an independent band is really exciting and I feel like it’s really liberated us to kind of create without the fusion of the business aspect — the music business kind of convoluting and getting in the way of the art that we want to make.

I feel that "Hanging by a Moment" gave the rest our songs an opportunity to be heard. The only problem with that song is the temptation to recreate it in some way. I feel it is best to just keep moving forward and hopefully your audience can grow with you.

Q. Is there a particular lyric either in ‘Broken’ or ‘Flight’ that really stands out to you?
    A. "If I’m tearing up, or if I feel the chills up and down my arm, that’s when I know a song is working." Probably with ‘Flight’ it’s the ending — ‘No more running, no more hiding’ — it just feels like you’re breaking free from whatever you’re dealing with. That’s one of those songs that gives me the chills every single time. And that’s how I know when a song is truthful and honest and coming from a good place — to have kind of a visceral reaction to it.

Q. When you guys first got together I know you were a Christian band, so why the change in direction?
    A. I don’t really think there was a change in direction. I think there was a perception of us in the earlier days, because a lot of the music on the first record was spiritual. And I feel like the Christians kind of wanted to peg us as that and own us – and put us in a box. And that was never our intentions. Our intentions was to play music for everyone. We didn’t want to play music for a genre. So I don’t feel like it was a change in direction for us, I just think the perception has kinda changed. A lot of the songs we’ve come out with like “You And Me” – they’re just love songs. I feel like it’s a good thing that a lot of our music can be taken whatever way the listener wants to take it.

Q. Out of all the songs that you’ve written, is there one that you’re the most attached to? That you feel is the most personal?
    A. Jade Wade: For me, right not, it’s probably this song called “Broken” from our last album. Every time I play the song, I feel like it hits me on an emotional level. I wrote it in Nashville for a friend of mine who needed a kidney transplant. He really wasn’t doing well. I wrote it for him – as third person almost. Every time I play that song I feel like I’m tapping into whatever he was going through at the time.

Last edited by silke; 03-31-2015 at 04:02 AM. Reason: updated w videos

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SLI

TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    SLI
    Agreed. Lifehouse has always seem Delta to me. Love their song "Everything".

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si-ISXp? Was never a great fan of the band, but Wade seems like a cool guy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post
    Love their song "Everything".
    I do too. I love his voice.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same thing

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Same thing
    just checking

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    just checking
    You're welcome

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I saw them in concert at the hard rock cafe on sunset blvd. They opened for betrer than ezra

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I saw them in concert at the hard rock cafe on sunset blvd. They opened for betrer than ezra
    lucky you

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    lucky you
    They were great live ....rubbing it in

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp