Thread: Looking to set up a Beta band in London?

TIM
    Fe-INFp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Looking to set up a Beta band in London?

I'm looking to set up a Beta band in London

Me (INFp) - Singer/Songwriter/Guitarist
    Drummer (ESTp)
    Guitarist/Keys/Pedalist/Vocals (ISTj)
    Bassist/Vocals (ENFj)

playing this type of music:

(Demo track)
    http://soundcloud.com/king-marigold/mornings-red

It be very interesting to see how it would work out...
    any takers?

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool idea.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I understand wanting to be the singer, but why limit other people to instruments based on their types? Go by skill. And availability.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    Fe-INFp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post
    I understand wanting to be the singer, but why limit other people to instruments based on their types? Go by skill. And availability.
    Well, I've played in many bands for many years, and its crazy how much influence your instrument designates in a band, and obviously your type controls how one would use this influence to affect the band and the members in it.
    For me to be in the position I want to be in a band, this appeared to be the most fair, balanced, and pleasurable layout for everyone I could think of...

I understand where you coming from with the whole skill/availability thing, but that, at least for me is only half of picture, the 'chemistry' or band dynamic is also extremely important too...

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post
    Well, I've played in many bands for many years, and its crazy how much influence your instrument designates in a band, and obviously your type controls how one would use this influence to affect the band and the members in it.
    For me to be in the position I want to be in a band, this appeared to be the most fair, balanced, and pleasurable layout for everyone I could think of...

I understand where you coming from with the whole skill/availability thing, but that, at least for me is only half of picture, the 'chemistry' or band dynamic is also extremely important too...
    Makes sense. Interesting idea.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sounds good!

I'm in Northeast Ohio in the USA, I'm an Se-SEE, and I'm gonna say this flat out - keep things open for a SEE drummer! I rule like all hell on the drums; not due to any massive abundance of technical expertise, but I'm always up for pounding it out, getting a great groove going on, and doing whatever the song requires... reliable too, and the IEIs seem to love the hell out of me in particular...

I'm too far away to do this for you myself though... and yep, I think you'll have an easier time finding Beta people than I will finding Gamma people, it's damn near impossible for me
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    LSI-Ti, E3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, keep an open mind for SEE drummers

I've had a SEE drummer who was a total badass. Unfortunately he went off on a major spiritual quest and hasn't been very interested in playing these days, but I never got along with him very well either. SLE drummers are great too, from my experience playing with a few.

As a LSI: I make a really good bassist and singer. I'm very mediocre on guitar...but I'd probably be good at playing the keys.

Cool idea. I'm in the US, so sorry I can't help

TIM
    Fe-INFp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ink View Post
    Yeah, keep an open mind for SEE drummers

I've had a SEE drummer who was a total badass. Unfortunately he went off on a major spiritual quest and hasn't been very interested in playing these days, but I never got along with him very well either. SLE drummers are great too, from my experience playing with a few.

As a LSI: I make a really good bassist and singer. I'm very mediocre on guitar...but I'd probably be good at playing the keys.

Cool idea. I'm in the US, so sorry I can't help
    Thanks for advice guys, I'll definitely keep an open mind for an SEE, it was the whole 'moth to the flame' thing I was worried about. now that you mention it, for what i need LSI maybe be much more suitable for bass