Thread: Filatova's: Duality as Complementation between Strong/Weak Functions (Delta Edition)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Filatova's: Duality as Complementation between Strong/Weak Functions (Delta Edition)

Here is how Filatova approached Duality descriptions in her english socionics book. She describes how each type's Weakest function (Suggestive) works like a lock, and each type's Strongest function (Base) works like a key.

IEE - The Initiator
    : A talent for sensing promising opportunities, for discovering talents of people, for understanding the essence of matters.
    : Weak sense of own body and needs, problems with household organization, carelessness in financial issues, preference for delegating such matters to someone else.

SLI - The Craftsman
    : Dominance of the sensual world, harmony. balance and expediency in everything, aesthetics combined with practicality, good sense of own body, capability of creating comfort and well-being.
    : Weak understanding of hidden processes and of one's own hidden capabilities, gratitude to those who help to understand his own iniquity.

LSE - The Professional
    : Dominance of reality; need for people to submit to objective laws; importance of efficient work, high quality products, observation of law and order.
    : Poorly understands nuances of feelings; holds to accepted behavioral conventions; confused by non-standard ethical situations; difficulty in changing habits.

EII - The Psychologist
    : Sensitivity to others; obedient to moral norms; capable of empathizing and of establishing a good psychological climate; and expert in traditions.
    : Insecure about ability to efficient work; excessive amounts of time and effort spent in achieving necessary results.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you!
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    SLI - The Craftsman
    : Dominance of the sensual world, harmony. balance and expediency in everything, aesthetics combined with practicality, good sense of own body, capability of creating comfort and well-being.
    : Weak understanding of hidden processes and of one's own hidden capabilities, gratitude to those who help to understand his own iniquity.
    Definition of iniquity - gross immorality or injustice; wickedness. A grossly immoral act, a sin.

True, SLIs??? Is that what you appreciate?
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found that to be weird as well, but it is not a typo. I have a feeling she meant to say a word which means uniqueness, or HiddenCapabilities, although I have no idea what the word would be.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not so sure... I think iniquity could be what she meant... but i never realized that SLIs actually appreciate that.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Does it make sense that because LSE observe law and order they are able to work well in any system?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are these supposed to be true or something, or MBTI?

The one for INFJ makes sense, but not sure about . I could never make sense of Filatova.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    Definition of iniquity - gross immorality or injustice; wickedness. A grossly immoral act, a sin.

True, SLIs??? Is that what you appreciate?
    I think so; I think SLIs want to be better people, but they don't fully know how, and appreciate insight into that (and they appreciate it in a Te kind of way where they don't assign negative affect to criticism but rather appreciate it as constructive), which an IEE has plenty of from Ne/Fi

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

About the "expert in traditions" of EII

ahem...
    Well, EII observe the traditions of societies that they are in and like to be respectful of people's traditions and being the dual of joiners and traditionalists who part take of traditions they go along with it and conform to them

and about LSE and objective laws

Who keeps changing the wikipedia socionics descriptions arg
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Suz I find this to be 100% true actually. In my experience with a SLI that became very close to me, he would love it when I "opened his eyes" to what he looked like objectively. He approached it from a healthy perspective of self improvement and encouraged me to keep telling him when he did something that I deemed not okay. This actually is what made me realize that I wasn't an IEE bc I got exhausted of criticizing him (and an IEE would not probably even see it as criticism). He often said he enjoyed that I was able to see what was wrong/impolite in his behavior because it gave him "a reality check". Ofc I just wished he would treat people like humans already without needing my input so while the criticism always felt malicious to me, he still took it well. SLIs are interesting this way, they are impervious to most things and it takes A LOT to truly hurt them.
    Last edited by scio; 03-17-2017 at 05:59 PM.

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An* SLI

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sockpuppet View Post
    @Suz I find this to be 100% true actually. In my experience with a SLI that became very close to me, he would love it when I "opened his eyes" to what he looked like objectively. He approached it from a healthy perspective of self improvement and encouraged me to keep telling him when he did something that I deemed not okay. This actually is what made me realize that I wasn't an IEE bc I got exhausted of criticizing him (and an IEE would not probably even see it as criticism). He often said he enjoyed that I was able to see what was wrong/impolite in his behavior because it gave him "a reality check". Ofc I just wished he would treat people like humans already without needing my input so while the criticism always felt malicious to me, he still took it well. SLIs are interesting this way, they are impervious to most things and it takes A LOT too truly hurt them.
    Thanks! That's really eye opening for me!

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Suz ofc

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

that's funny, a few weeks ago I literally sat down with a SEE and asked her what she thought my flaws were with an aim to improve on them and she didn't really have much. mainly pay more attention to the dynamics of your environment (Se), whereas I'm pretty sure if I had the same conversation with the huxley in my life she would never shut up. I'm almost scared because I feel like she'd burn me into the ground if shes in a bad mood, and I feel pretty resilient to criticism in general

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    I found that to be weird as well, but it is not a typo. I have a feeling she meant to say a word which means uniqueness, or HiddenCapabilities, although I have no idea what the word would be.
    Surely she meant "unicity" or uniqueness.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I love LSE and they do compliment me well. I love close psychological relationships where we can talk about our feelings and the events of our lives and this weekend I was very depressed and overworked. My manager neighbor noticed my gloomy mood and she asked me "what are you doing Maritsa? Do you want to go to Solvang?" I asked why she wanted to drive out that far. She was looking for European shoes and she was sure that a shoe store two hours away had it. To be sure I asked if she called them and placed it on hold and she didn't care she wanted my company and to get out of the city. In the car she said "we aren't going to talk about men and relationships." I laughed and said "yes! We're going to have girl time" she said yes to that and she drove all that way. We had a pleasant conversation in the car and she mildly yet persistently asked me to look around and take in my scenery. She wanted me to live in the moment as my dual cousin too often sees me. When she sees me shut down emotionally she will say "in the moment " and then smiles at me. I came out of my funk as we observed the Dutch town taking in the different houses, the flowers, the decor, along the way and saying to each other what each one of us would rather have and not have in a home. She imparted a very good lesson to me "Maritsa, turn everything into humor." I love her. She's become a special friend.

As far as compliment of opposites, LSE are opposite to EII in that they know how to live in the moment and go after what pleases their senses while EII stay away from the sensory world for the most part and develop ethics, morals and principles the lights of which can only be found in fairy tales perhaps or literature No matter. LSEs agree with EII ethics.

Some EII ethics that LSE agree with

"You shouldn't sit there and embarrass you significant other in front of strangers "
    "Showing love and affection in front of strangers also shows how much you love the person and value your relationship"
    "You shouldn't be too loud and expressive"
    "Don't try to be cruel and mean"
    "Dress with class not like a wh***"

Those are some not all. EII live by many a many moral codes

LSE's appreciation for a loyal ethical friend who doesn't make them feel lonely and unwanted despite how course and difficult they can be speaks volumes.

Some examples of LSE courseness

"That B"
    "This color is for F-g-s"
    Um

Oh and most importantly the ability of EII to calm the storming seas yet paying full attention is unmatched

I'll stop here
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-20-2017 at 06:26 PM.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

She shows me her love for me with kindness and acts of service and I show her my love with friendship and words of adoration Duality at its best in my Diad at least

I have no problem with verbal e expression of my greatfulness so I told her "it's great to have you as a friend because you do such nice things for me and you take me to such nice places and get me out of my feelings. I appreciate this friendship "
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-20-2017 at 07:32 PM.
    -

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I tend to like it when people think I'm unique. One of my current roommates called me interesting once and I really liked that. One time I had a class where we posted messages in an online forum and my teacher sent me an email saying she really valued my contributions and said she really valued them even though it was a little different from how other people were posting and I thought that was really sweet. I have no idea what understanding my own morality even means, I generally try to be moral, but whatever

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

uniquity

yeah that would totally make sense too, but I feel thats more of an E4 thing

i've never felt like i'm not unique, although I do appreciate recognition to that end

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    uniquity

yeah that would totally make sense too, but I feel thats more of an E4 thing

i've never felt like i'm not unique, although I do appreciate recognition to that end
    Me neither to be perfectly honest, I think that's why I'm so surprised when I receive that kind of comment. I think it's because IEEs can see hidden potential that SLIs have trouble seeing themselves
    Last edited by AbZero; 03-21-2017 at 09:48 PM.