I suppose this will double as my introduction. :)
Hello all! The name's Laura.
I borrowed these questions from someone who posted before me. I hope they don't mind...
Many thanks to anyone willing to brave the length of this post! :P
Also, if it helps...I'm MBTI ENFP (though marginally E>I); E6w7 sx/sp.
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I am indecisive. :P
I'm sort of waffling between IEE, EII, and IEI (I suppose). :P I am mostly debating between the first two. I am rather confident I am a Delta. :)
I tend to double-check things with other people before I make final decisions. I usually ask other people for their opinions of things. I am never really satisfied with most answers from within myself. I'm always double-checking outside myself. I wish I wasn't like that, but...I just don't feel comfortable making resolutions when I could get more input. I guess I just don't trust myself in making decisions like this. :P
I've always had a hard time deciding if I was an introverted or not. :/ I'm really shy and don't like parties...or anything like that. I'm uncomfortable meeting new people. I don't make friends easily. I dunno. But at the same time, I focus my energy outside myself a lot. I feel like a day completely alone is a day wasted. :/ It' just always been unclear to me....
Not to mention it helps me to talk to think...which indicates E>I. I just don't even know... :P
2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Hmm! I'm always looking for profound, meaningful experiences. I'm not satisfied with "mundane" feelings..
I also yearn for understanding. I love learning about things that interest me (psychology, philosophy, languages, etc).
I yearn to make a difference in the way people think about things (possibly helping them be more open-minded)...and to help people realize their potential.
3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I was lying by a pond at night with someone special to me. We were having interesting conversations about many things that are important to us. I was talking freely, offering advice; I didn't feel nervous. I was still careful about what I expressed, but...anyway. Haha.
4) What makes you feel inferior?
I am not good at contributing to conversation when I am in a group setting. When I talk in those situations, I come off really cold. I guess I normally do come off as stand-offish when talking to people, regardless of the setting, but...I attribute that to the kind of advice I give. I try to give honest, non-"fluffy" advice, which is hard to deliver kindly. Anyway, when I talk in group conversations, I tend to somehow..mess up the vibe. It's discouraging.
I also gauge how people respond to things I do and say. If I notice that something I am doing is making someone else respond unfavorably, I change my demeanor to maintain positive interactions as much as possible. It isn't all that bad, I just wish I could be myself...whatever that is...and not worry about maintaining harmony. Haha.
I'm just bad at expressing happiness. I don't understand things like pep rallies or concerts. I like concerts, but not for the collective involvement. I can never get into it. :/ I dislike receiving gifts because even if I really like something, it's hard for me to be animated about my appreciation and enthusiasm.
My thoughts are usually muddled. I want to think clearly, but I see different sides to things, so it's hard for me to have concrete opinions on some things.
5) What tends to weigh on your decisions?
Whe making decisions for myself, I consider my personal feelings about it, as well as how my decision will affect other people (but if I feel strongly about something that people are usually against, I choose to stand my ground and act on my personal feelings). If it's a big, difficult decision, I tend to analyze the pros and cons as well. I've found this helps me make more rational choices. When I give advice, I tend to remind people to do what is right for THEM (not other people)...and to ask themselves, "Which will I regret more: doing this...or not doing this?"
If I'm in a group and it's up to me to choose what to do or something, I will be extremely stressed. I do not like to make choices for other people. I don't want to somehow make people do things they don't want to do.. :/
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
Like a group project? I suppose I usually take up most of the responsibility. It depends on the other people. I tend to organize the group and get us started I would say I like to have a good hold of what to expect of the final product.
7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I was at the park with a friend of mine (who is now my boyfriend). We sat by the creek, far from everything. He's very taciturn. I played with the sand in my hands. I asked lots of "questions" and shared lots of ideas, such as "I wonder how many past lives I am holding in my hands (in the sand)...", "It's amazing how if you just stay still for awhile, the world envelops you. The birds come out, and go about their business as if you are not anything foreign...", "You know, we are kind of...made from the stars...". Being outside grounds me and helps me think more clearly. Not sure why. I also have to talk to figure out how I really feel about things..
8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
Memorization is NOT my thing at all. Hands-on helps if it's something like a computer program I want to learn (like Photoshop or something), but for normal learning, I just read and theorize. I understand things based on how they relate to other things...
9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Not at all. Haha. My room is never clean, and my school binders end up just a pile of papers. :P
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I do both. I don't really know which more or less. :/
11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Ahhh! Both. :( I'm not being helpful. :/ I mean, if I'm hanging out with friends, and someone is being excluded, I talk to them...but I don't really try to get the group involved with that one person. I just involve myself with that one person. I'm not usually central to a group anyway.
I worry about other people's feelings. But...I'm also very concerned with living by my principles and helping other people stand by their own principles. I am an avid promoter of individualism.
12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
If I'm uncomfortable, I plan my words to try to come across favorably. But...if I'm truly comfortable...I normally just ramble on and on in order to think. :P
I DEFINITELY prefer one-on-one...
13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I don't just jump into things. I try to see all the possible outcomes of things before i leap in.
Actions definitely speak way louder than words.
14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I'd be out the door in a heartbeat.
15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I tend to project my feelings. I try to talk it out, but am reminded that doesn't help at all. It just makes it worse. So I end up isolating myself. Probably taking a looooong nap. Haha.
16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Closed-mindedness, making hasty decisions, being judgmental of people and ideas, being fake.
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Their hopes for the future, their problems, shared interests, "what if" ideas, the beauty of the universe, philosophy...
18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
Fashion, physical orderliness, day-to-day matters...
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?
They perceive me as indecisive, passive, rather quiet, interested in people and their potential, imaginative, negative. Haha. I'm not really negative. I just don't agree with choosing ignorance>facing the hard things in life. Ignorance just...hinders your growth. I don't have much respect for the whole "ignorance is bliss" mindset.
They would never say I am outgoing or aggressive.
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Discussing ideas and potential things to do with friends...and doing fun stuff. :P
21) In a classroom setting do you ever find yourself helping other people out with projects or homework when you see their struggling? Do you do this to make yourself feel more comfortable?
I try to help people when I can. It's a way for me to break the ice with people, I suppose.
22) Any peculiarities that you have noticed about your personality?
I feel like I'm a giant contradiction. Haha. I don't really know what to put here. :P
I'm socially awkward, but I want to help people actualize their potential...and being awkward isn't conducive to that at all. Hehe.
And for VI purposes, if anyone likes to do those. :P
First one is me trying to not make my awkward face for a picture with my friend. :P
Second and third ones are of me making my awkward face...
And the fourth is when...I...am...extremely...uncomfortable...haha. Awkward face included.