TIM
    LSE (-Si)/9w1/ENTJ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Delta Dispersment Theory

Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to socionics and typology in general and I've started typing all the people in my life. What I've found is that there are almost no other Deltas in my life, even though growing up there have been a lot of significant Delta's. In fact the only 2 Delta's that I still talk to outside of work are my sister and a friend of mine who I tend to go in and out of contact with.

It's no secret that delta's don't value their Fe function (I like to call it the social function), but does this means we are doomed to drift apart from each other if we don't maintain some sort of Fi (deep) or Te (productive) or maybe even Ne (adventurous) relationship?

I am also starting to think, being deltas, these more meaningful relationships/friends take time to develop so we may never be getting to know our fellow deltas to develop these Te/Fi satisfying relationships unless thrown into close proximity for a solid period of time.

What are your experiences fellow deltas?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't particularly go out of my way to maintain something I see doesn't work at all, sure, I do try a few times but seeing it doesn't produce anything but strife, I, either don't bother with it, or condemn it, not wanting to have anything intimate in common.

TIM
    LSE (-Si)/9w1/ENTJ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    I don't particularly go out of my way to maintain something I see doesn't work at all, sure, I do try a few times but seeing it doesn't produce anything but strife, I, either don't bother with it, or condemn it, not wanting to have anything intimate in common.
    This is true of me also, I do like to switch on my role function if I feel I am becomming isolated to try and catch up with people but it is a lot of effort and gets switched off again as soon as I get distracted or make any progress. Deltas in particular are quite hard to engage using as we arn't much for small talk or wasting time/effort.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moredhel View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to socionics and typology in general and I've started typing all the people in my life. What I've found is that there are almost no other Deltas in my life, even though growing up there have been a lot of significant Delta's. In fact the only 2 Delta's that I still talk to outside of work are my sister and a friend of mine who I tend to go in and out of contact with.

It's no secret that delta's don't value their Fe function (I like to call it the social function), but does this means we are doomed to drift apart from each other if we don't maintain some sort of Fi (deep) or Te (productive) or maybe even Ne (adventurous) relationship?

I am also starting to think, being deltas, these more meaningful relationships/friends take time to develop so we may never be getting to know our fellow deltas to develop these Te/Fi satisfying relationships unless thrown into close proximity for a solid period of time.

My experiences are consistent with what you're referring to. Not just with fellow Deltas but with anyone. I feel like with fellow Deltas, in particular Delta NFs, once I am good friends with someone, I get less resentment when I'm not in touch for a while than with perhaps other types. Like, when we get back in touch we just pick up where we left of and there's sort of an implicit understanding that we get really engrossed in our daily lives and we're all sort of scattered.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    This is true of me also, I do like to switch on my role function if I feel I am becomming isolated to try and catch up with people but it is a lot of effort and gets switched off again as soon as I get distracted or make any progress. Deltas in particular are quite hard to engage using as we arn't much for small talk or wasting time/effort.
    hate small talk.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I relate to pretty much all that's been said so far. I hardly ever say "goodbye" to people, even when I know there's little likelihood that we'll be seeing each other again soon, if ever. I prefer a "see you later," or "hope we meet again someday," or something like that.

I love, love, love it when I can run into an old friend (or even a current friend that I just don't see all that often) and just pick right up where we left off as if it were only yesterday when we were together last. Low-maintenance, high-security friendships are what I seek for.

Like, one time when I was young my mom was driving me and my siblings all home on a 1-hour trip; my dad was not with us. The car broke down in Las Vegas, and so we had to stay the night. It happened to be the night of Mike Tyson's first match after getting out of jail, and every single hotel room in Vegas was booked. My mom remembered that we used to have some neighbors who had moved to Vegas several years before; she looked them up in the phonebook, gave them a call, and they immediately agreed to house all six of us, and even gave us their own bedroom and king-sized bed to sleep in.

THOSE are the friendships worth seeking. And the type of friend I strive to be.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello and cool hat.

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Delta's...Delta's
    I looked at your post and this was all I noticed. Maybe I'm obsessive.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    LSE (-Si)/9w1/ENTJ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Delta's...Delta's
    I looked at your post and this was all I noticed. Maybe I'm obsessive.
    Haha maybe, I seem to of gotten the grammer correct > 50% which is pretty good for me . For some reason firefox isn't spell checking my posts which always makes me feel a little vulnerable. Lets just say I was always more of a math and science kind of guy.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, maybe. I seem to have gotten >50% of the grammar correct, which is pretty good for me . For some reason, Firefox isn't spell-checking my posts which always makes me feel a little vulnerable. Let's just say I was always more of a math and science kind of guy.
    Fixed, so that Abbie can read it without getting chest pain.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Haha maybe, I seem to of gotten the grammer correct > 50% which is pretty good for me . For some reason firefox isn't spell checking my posts which always makes me feel a little vulnerable. Lets just say I was always more of a math and science kind of guy.
    That's possible for an LSE.

True, but how is Socionics not a waste of time and effort for you?
    And, how old are you?

How old were you when you first learned Socionics?
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 07-14-2011 at 05:45 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first of all, welcome to the forum

I think a lot of people from every type can relate to finding it difficult to form meaningful relationships with people since it's not always easily obtainable to find places where there's that kind of open social environment to meet new people without coming off as intrusive or having to fake a facade.

From my experience, I've found it easiest to find Delta (especially IEE's for some reason) and good relationships through doing, just as you mentioned, things that have put me in close proximity to them for elongated periods.

I have to say over the last year or so Socionics has helped move things a bit faster than before I knew about it since I generally was very stand-offish and shy around strangers, when they spoke to me I just remained polite and didn't contribute much, but now I've found it easier to recognize the non-threat in some people and that's helped me become more open and social.
    Although Id still like to be more involved in the future when things get more settled for me, perhaps join some outdoor clubs like I did back in school, it's something I enjoy and will probably involve other Deltas as well.
    I think that's probably a good way for anyone to meet people; just find something you enjoy and see how you can incorporate that into interacting with others
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Actually, that's a punctuation error. Punctuation is an even bigger deal to me than grammar. And misplaced apostrophes are a primary pet peeve. You're fortunate to be more into math than English. People aren't constantly messing up their math.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    LSE (-Si)/9w1/ENTJ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True, but how is Socionics not a waste of time and effort for you?
    And, how old are you?

How old were you when you first learned Socionics?
    I'm 23, I've only been learning socionics for about 6 weeks but as a large portion of my time during that period.

I find it to be an extremely productive branch of knowledge as I place a lot of value on knowing myself and understanding those around me. It's helps me identify potentialy rewarding relationships and avoid or control potentialy problematic ones. And thats just the immediate direct benefit.

Hello and cool hat.
    Thanks

I have to say over the last year or so Socionics has helped move things a bit faster than before I knew about it since I generally was very stand-offish and shy around strangers, when they spoke to me I just remained polite and didn't contribute much, but now I've found it easier to recognize the non-threat in some people and that's helped me become more open and social.
    I have found this as well in the short time I've had to use this knowledge, on top of that I can now think of several activities/clubs etc. I could take up where I would be likely to meet more deltas, it's just a mater of finding the time and motivation .

Unfortunatly with the long lost deltas in my life already I can't think of a practical way to engage them as the time and exposure deltas need to form bonds cannot really be manufactured.

TIM
    LSE (-Si)/9w1/ENTJ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, that's a punctuation error. Punctuation is an even bigger deal to me than grammar. And misplaced apostrophes are a primary pet peeve. You're fortunate to be more into math than English. People aren't constantly messing up their math.
    People do however mess up the folder structures on their computer and countless other silly things like saving everything to the desktop, which annoyies me to no end.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People aren't constantly messing up their math.
    Speak for yourself...
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I rarely meet Delta types irl, but whenever I get to meet and converse with one, I feel comfortable talking to him/her at times as our conversation tends to be meaningful and purposeful rather than merely just a small talk. Nevertheless, there are still times where I find it hard to maintain a friendship with a Delta type as our number of meetings tends to cease when there is no longer anything in common between the two of us. For instance, we might drift apart after we have graduated from high school and do not find any reason to meet up anymore. Even if we were to meet up, we have nothing much to talk about except to keep the conversation going with what we dislike - small talk.

As such, I think I tend to have more Alpha friends. It seems like the Alpha SFs I have known irl are more likely to take the initiative to call me out and they usually plan all the fun stuff to do together. They seem more adept in keeping the momentum going imo.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of mine is conjunctions without a comma, though it's grammatically correct lol.

As for the OP, I do find it hard sometimes to maintain relations with other Deltas. Part of it is me being jaded and the other is not having enough common interests. I used to value friendship a lot more, and would take the initiative and call/email friends to keep in touch. Now I just have a small circle of friends, and a few of them are Delta. I'm not against small talk, actually. An SLI friend and I text each other often to see what each of us are up to, and it's seldom deep.

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

People aren't constantly messing up their math.
    This is not true, though perhaps grammar mistakes are easier to notice considering they are much more prevalent.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm fairly new to socionics and typology in general and I've started typing all the people in my life.
    I did the same thing! It must be type-related.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm 23, I've only been learning socionics for about 6 weeks but as a large portion of my time during that period.

I find it to be an extremely productive branch of knowledge as I place a lot of value on knowing myself and understanding those around me. It's helps me identify potentialy rewarding relationships and avoid or control potentialy problematic ones. And thats just the immediate direct benefit.
    One thing, you don't answer my questions in order that I ask them. You make me cautious of you because of that. This was a purposeful test. I'm sorry, but my duals are very orderly.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post

One thing, you don't answer my questions in order that I ask them. You make me cautious of you because of that. This was a purposeful test. I'm sorry, but my duals are very orderly.
    Oh, brother. You think being orderly means organizing them the way you would? So he rearranged them. That doesn't make them disorderly.

When I answer questions, I usually list all the questions, then insert answers in whatever order I want to, usually easiest first.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Oh, brother. You think being orderly means organizing them the way you would? So he rearranged them. That doesn't make them disorderly.

When I answer questions, I usually list all the questions, then insert answers in whatever order I want to, usually easiest first.
    I expected him to answer them in the order that I asked. It's like my boyfriend, at dancing, saying to me "honey, let's do it in order."

Please don't "oh brother me." That's a very important part of an LSE.
    -

TIM
    LSE (-Si)/9w1/ENTJ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I expected him to answer them in the order that I asked. It's like my boyfriend, at dancing, saying to me "honey, let's do it in order."

Haha yeah i noticed I did that as well, I normaly answer things in order in conversation, however I rearanged the order in my wirtten response as it made more sense that way. The way you asked the questions was disorderly but that may of been deliberate .

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Your boyfriend may be LSE, but he's not the epitome of all things LSE.

How would one dance out of order? That would just make a mess.

You expected him to answer them in your order, but he answered them in his order instead. Woop-de-do. You're not even an LSE; why do you think his order has to be the same as yours?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Haha yeah i noticed I did that as well, I normaly answer things in order in conversation, however I rearanged the order in my wirtten response as it made more sense that way. The way you asked the questions was disorderly but that may of been deliberate .
    It made more sense to you because of how the object was placed, it appealed to your internal sensation. Te is an objective, external function and takes things as they are without moving by what "felt right" to them. You shifted my answer according to what made sense to you, this is subjective not objective.

I'll bring on my boyfriend or cousin one of these days to show you what I mean.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It made more sense to you because of how the object was placed, it appealed to your internal sensation. Te is an objective, external function and takes things as they are without moving by what "felt right" to them. You shifted my answer according to what made sense to you, this is subjective not objective.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

yes.
    -

TIM
    LSE (-Si)/9w1/ENTJ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fancy that, using my creative function to assist my leading function.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes you can be so busy looking at the trees that you miss the forest Maritsa.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    LSE (-Si)/9w1/ENTJ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you sure your Delta Maritsa? Your method of typing seems very detail focused, valued based and a little aggressive...Ti, Fe, Se = Beta. You also seem decisive > judicious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Are you sure your Delta Maritsa? Your method of typing seems very detail focused, valued based and a little aggressive...Ti, Fe, Se = Beta. You also seem decisive > judicious.
    She's definitely an aristocratic feeler. There is no consensus on whether she is an EII or an EIE. But she is sure she is EII.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    LSE (-Si)/9w1/ENTJ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's definitely an aristocratic feeler. There is no consensus on whether she is an EII or an EIE. But she is sure she is EII.
    I vote EIE if we get to vote

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moredhel, please don't let what Maritsa says about your type phase you. For the longest time she typed me as SEE, among several other types at varying times, and was pretty aggressive about it and upset at me when I didn't heed her. We're on good terms now and she currently agrees with my self-typing but for awhile it was a little... um, unpleasant, and I had to practice just letting it go.

Actually, for that matter, please don't let what anyone here says about your type phase you. You sound like you've done at least as much study as half the people here, and if what you've decided about socionics works for you - in your everyday life and relationships - I wouldn't worry about it.

As for her type, I'm ok with her being EII.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    LSE (-Si)/9w1/ENTJ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, for that matter, please don't let what anyone here says about your type phase you. You sound like you've done at least as much study as half the people here, and if what you've decided about socionics works for you - in your everyday life and relationships - I wouldn't worry about it.
    Thank you very much I really appreciate that . Thats exactly the sort of thing my other EII friend would say (sorry to relate that wonderful compliment to socionics).

I like to trust peoples self typing over other peoples typing of them, simply because in theory someone who has an intermediate knowledge of socionics is in a better position to type themselves than any expert. So much of what socionics describes is below the surface. Plus I find if you throw up some fairly extensive information about a person on a forum there will never be a consensus as to the type, even if it's quite obvious to some.

As for Maritsa type I think she is EIE but I won't push it, as a judisous delta I think she is entitled to choose her own type.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

(sorry to relate that wonderful compliment to socionics).
    No, no, that's what you're supposed to do.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for Maritsa type I think she is EIE but I won't push it, as a judisous delta I think she is entitled to choose her own type.
    Now see, that's beautiful. You're ok with me thinking what I think; I'm ok with you thinking what you think. Even though they're different things. This is good.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LOL

Ok.

Let's see. I asked my boyfriend and this is what he said...

"I would have to order the questions based on which ones took me the longest to formulate an answer because I value things based on efficiency. It's more efficient and time saving to answer your questions in this order: 2, 1, then 3."

My ILE friend explained it to me by saying that I expected that an LSE would answer in my order because that's my system, using my rule function; but, LSE ignore Ti. You didn't catch the use of my role function and the fact that EII are naturally cautious around other people (as objects) because we try to understand our feelings towards others.

But, you didn't use the word efficiency, which is what your duals respond to. You might want to use some of the Te words in the future to give your type signals to indicate that you're a Te base type and explain why you've ordered something in the order in which you see fit, and say that is because you ignore SYSTEMS IN FAVOR OF EFFICIENT METHODS..

Thanks.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 07-16-2011 at 03:56 AM.
    -

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny that's what a lot of us have been saying for months... good call.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast