Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tasks for the entrance exams for prospective students studying Socionics:

TIM
    INTJ
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tasks for the entrance exams for prospective students studying Socionics:

1. How many combinations exist of three fingers? (One hand, a sequence of three fingers - ignored)
    2. Given the message that is encoded by 5 bits. Total massages may be 2: S1 = 00 000; S2 = 11111. The probability of true transmitting one bit of information 0.9. (1) Calculate the probability that the received message will be INTERPRETED correctly. (2) Message received S = 10000. Determine how likely the message S1 = 00 000?
    3. Given a sequence of 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34 ... What is this? Continue range of up to 15 members of the sequence. To display a table of values. Compare the value and an/an-1 and (SQRT(5)+1)/2
    4. Write an algorithm for Pascal program that hoped to be the value function, factorial, depending on the introduced quantity of factorial. For example: Input: 5. Output: 5! = 120
    5. How many of the segments can be connected by a multitude of n - of points ( the maximum possible number of segments, no three points lie on a straight line)?
    6. The concept of derivative in mathematics.
    7. The law of diminishing marginal productivity (utility) in the economy.

Bonus: (score being discussed)

8: The relationship of matter and energy. Einstein's formula.

9. Compare 3 languages: English, Russian and Ukrainian. On objects: the ability to express their feelings and emotions and through them the ability to express complex business rules, algorithms, schemes and designs. Reply to justify the examples.
    10. Bring 5 examples of creatures that could be a transitional species in the evolution of each other. Example: duck flippers are kind of transition between the rear fins about the walrus and ordinary bird legs.
    11. What is the exoplanet in astronomy? Tell us a little about the difficulties faced by astronomers to identify them?

To assess the "excellent" must obtain at least 7 points. Each problem is worth 1 point.
    Last edited by Yaaroslav; 07-14-2011 at 07:28 AM.

this is left-brain heavy stuff.we support a significantly more holistic approach towards socionics here.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yaaroslav View Post
    1. How many combinations exist of three fingers?

2. Given the message that is encoded by 5 bits. Total massages may be 2: S1 = 00 000; S2 = 11111. The probability of true transmitting one bit of information 0.9. (1) Calculate the probability that the received message will be interpreted correctly. (2) Message received S = 10000. Determine how likely the message S1 = 00 000?

3. Given a sequence of 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34 ... What is this?
    An elephant.

4. Write an algorithm for Pascal program that hoped to be the value function, factorial, depending on the introduced quantity of factorial. For example: Input: 5. Output: 5! = 120
    Almost there, I'm coming.

5. How many of the segments can be connected by a multitude of n - of points ( the maximum possible number of segments, no three points lie on a straight line)?

To assess the "excellent" must obtain at least 7 balls. Each problem is worth 1 point.
    Make it marbles instead of balls.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you're supposed to have an aptitude towards understanding relationships if you know what a derivative is, or do some simple combinatorics?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    INTJ
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absurd told absurd

TIM
    INTJ
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    So you're supposed to have an aptitude towards understanding relationships if you know what a derivative is, or do some simple combinatorics?
    If you want to correctly identify the types of untangling the puzzle while not having any of the properties are uniquely determined by the typical symptom - you need to understand the basics of probability theory and combinatorics. Other objectives aim to understand the other sections of Socionics.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want to correctly identify the types of untangling the puzzle while not having any of the properties are uniquely determined by the typical symptom - you need to understand the basics of probability theory and combinatorics. Other objectives aim to understand the other sections of Socionics.
    I really, really don't think this approach makes sense.

TIM
    INTJ
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really, really don't think this approach makes sense.
    This is just your pathetic IMHO

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course it's my pathetic...opinion? Still, since you come on an internet forum, you're bound to hear it.

TIM
    INTJ
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course it's my pathetic...opinion? Still, since you come on an internet forum, you're bound to hear it.
    I do not listen to miserable flooding. If you're against - argue your position, by the essential of arguments!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics has nothing to do with relationships in the traditional sense, but in the mathematical sense apparently
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Absurd told absurd
    Yup, I said what I think again, didn't even have to think about it.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the burden of proof lies with you. You must prove how your test is even remotely connected to socionics and the study of it.

If given this as a test to study anything I would probably just assume it was some kind of joke.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    INTJ
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Absurd: You are telling - not thinking)))))

TIM
    INTJ
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bardia View Post
    I think the burden of proof lies with you. You must prove how your test is even remotely connected to socionics and the study of it.

If given this as a test to study anything I would probably just assume it was some kind of joke.
    It just proved in the message number 6

TIM
    INTJ
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    Socionics has nothing to do with relationships in the traditional sense, but in the mathematical sense apparently
    +1

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bardia View Post

It just proved in the message number 6
    That is not a proof, moron.

Where is the initial set of axiom?
    Where are the logical steps?
    Where is the conclusion?

Your test seems good as an aptitude (not completely fluid, though) test for a statistics class, perhaps mathematical economics.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absurd's solutions are elegant.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

2 Absurd: You are telling - not thinking
    That's what I said. I don't know what should I do with it. Can you tell me what I can do with it ? Ride a donkey ? Alright. Bundle of words to me, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Absurd's solutions are elegant.
    Of course, I'm foolproof just like user Infematible.

Thanks.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timewu View Post
    this is left-brain heavy stuff.we support a significantly more holistic approach towards socionics here.
    lol
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i could easily answer this if it was framed in English.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I use math more in knitting than I do in socionics.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    INTJ
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    i could easily answer this if it was framed in English.
    If you have some difficulties with understanding tasks - write them. Because originally - these tasks were written in Russian, translated by Google translator, and then - edited a little by me. Perhaps I could made some mistakes. So report me if you find them

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

What the hell does knowledge of abstract mathematical relations have to do with personality?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nil View Post
    What the hell does knowledge of abstract mathematical relations have to do with personality?
    When I first learned socionics, I set up some mathematical equations to study. Here they are. (With "Dual" spelled correctly.)

Same arrangement = Identical
    Reversed Colors = Contrast
    Business + Dual = Illusionary
    Flipped Horizontally = Dual
    Flip 1&2; 3&4 = Mirror
    Mirror + Dual = Activation
    Flip 1&3 = Business
    Flip 2 & 4 = Kindred
    Business + Kindred = Super-Ego
    Dual + Kindred = Semi Dual
    Conflict + Dual = Quasi Identity
    Flipped Vertically = Conflict
    Director > Mediator = Supervisor
    Supervisor + Dual = Benefactor

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    INTJ
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

What the hell does you do in socionics?

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    When I first learned socionics, I set up some mathematical equations to study. Here they are. (With "Dual" spelled correctly.)
    I said personality, not socionics. Of course there is a good deal of mathematics in socionics- in not only the intertype relations, but also in the dichotomies and other facets. I actually did somewhat the same thing you did, except I used more of nested system approach, such as "the dual of my conflictor is my quasi-identical." However, I have doubts that such a neat mathematical system can actually exist in reality, and even that socionics accurately models personality, hence my first sentence.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What the hell does you do in socionics?
    We type people, discuss people's types and how they manifest in relationships, play with stereotypes, think of simpler definitions for socionics functions, laugh at obvious socionics-related interactions we see, that sort of thing.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    INTJ
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

I said personality, not socionics. Of course there is a good deal of mathematics in socionics- in not only the intertype relations, but also in the dichotomies and other facets. I actually did somewhat the same thing you did, except I used more of nested system approach, such as "the dual of my conflictor is my quasi-identical." However, I have doubts that such a neat mathematical system can actually exist in reality, and even that socionics accurately models personality, hence my first sentence.

Doubts?
    I have lots of practice - which confirms that all of it's mathematics in socionics - exists!!!
    You know: everything, what did I told anyone of you just now are the "alphabets" between the real thinks what did I seen and what do I know.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I said personality, not socionics.
    Oh. Well, socionics is related to personality, and math is related to socionics. So they are related indirectly.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

3. Given a sequence of 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34 ... What is this? Continue range of up to 15 members of the sequence. To display a table of values.
    Fibonacci cursing in his grave, ranting about your misuse of mathematics.
    1+1=2; 2+1=3; 2+3=5; etc.

(...)
    No.

Ask something schoolkids haven't heard of.

10. Bring 5 examples of creatures that could be a transitional species in the evolution of each other. Example: duck flippers are kind of transition between the rear fins about the walrus and ordinary bird legs.
    What kind of heresy is this? Flippers would be a duck on the way to having bat wings for feet. Sea-mammals' fins are toeless flattened feet basically. Please require anatomical evidence of similarity.

And please research reptile to mammalian jaw transition as involved in earbones formation. Or whale evolution.

To assess the "excellent" must obtain at least 7 balls.
    Do they count if I wiped the blood off?

Subsidiary question: How the fuck does one quantify one's personality, something so far considered qualitative? You have two minutes.

In case of failure refer to SQAB
    Last edited by GuavaDrunk; 07-14-2011 at 01:34 AM.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Yaaroslav, this is a brilliant way of scaring away prospective students from studying socionics!
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It must be his ridiculous
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    It must be his ridiculous
    No, it's his boring .
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway, I'll give it a shot.

1. How many combinations exist of three fingers? (One hand, a sequence of three fingers - ignored)
    Assuming you mean combination in the technical sense i.e. order does not matter, and assuming you mean "how many ways there are to choose 3 fingers out of 5", then:

n = 5! / 3! 2! = 5*4*3*2 / 3*2*2 = 10

2. Given the message that is encoded by 5 bits. Total massages may be 2: S1 = 00 000; S2 = 11111. The probability of true transmitting one bit of information 0.9. (1) Calculate the probability that the received message will be interpreted correctly. (2) Message received S = 10000. Determine how likely the message S1 = 00 000?
    Uhm, supposing the probability of correctly transmitting consecutive bits does not depend on preceeding outcomes, and supposing the transmission is serial (i.e. they're transmitted sequentially), then:

1) 0,9^5 = 0,59
    2) (0,9^4)*0,1= 0,0656

?

TIM
    INTJ
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway, I'll give it a shot.

Assuming you mean combination in the technical sense i.e. order does not matter, and assuming you mean "how many ways there are to choose 3 fingers out of 5", then:

n = 5! / 3! 2! = 5*4*3*2 / 3*2*2 = 10
    Right!
    Uhm, supposing the probability of correctly transmitting consecutive bits does not depend on preceeding outcomes, and supposing the transmission is serial (i.e. they're transmitted sequentially), then:

1) 0,9^5 = 0,59
    2) (0,9^4)*0,1= 0,0656
    Wrong!
    Tip: The bits would not only transmitted but also INTERPRETED For example: if received combination 00001 then it would be interpreted as 00000
    if received combination 11010 then it would be interpreted 11111. Because we have only two possible variants in this task

?
    write a general formula which does not require a lot of times the sum

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2. Given the message that is encoded by 5 bits. Total massages may be 2: S1 = 00 000; S2 = 11111. The probability of true transmitting one bit of information 0.9. (1) Calculate the probability that the received message will be INTERPRETED correctly. (2) Message received S = 10000. Determine how likely the message S1 = 00 000?
    3. Given a sequence of 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34 ... What is this? Continue range of up to 15 members of the sequence. To display a table of values. Compare the value and an/an-1 and (SQRT(5)+1)/2
    6. The concept of derivative in mathematics.
    7. The law of diminishing marginal productivity (utility) in the economy.

Bonus: (score being discussed)

9. Compare 3 languages: English, Russian and Ukrainian. On objects: the ability to express their feelings and emotions and through them the ability to express complex business rules, algorithms, schemes and designs. Reply to justify the examples.
    11. What is the exoplanet in astronomy? Tell us a little about the difficulties faced by astronomers to identify them?

To assess the "excellent" must obtain at least 7 balls. Each problem is worth 1 point.
    why

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wrong!
    Tip: The bits would not only transmitted but also INTERPRETED For example: if received combination 00001 then it would be interpreted as 00000
    if received combination 11010 then it would be interpreted 11111. Because we have only two possible variants in this task
    I don't understand then how interpretation is decided - by the number of zeros or one (i.e. if zeros > ones -> 00000, otherwise 11111)? If that's the case then you only need three "correct" bits for the message to be interpreted correctly i.e. 0,9^3...

for 2) then I'd have to use Bayes theorem...l8r maybe.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

balls

Honestly though - what does any of this have to do with workable aspects of Socionics?
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast