Thread: Filatova's: Duality as Complementation between Strong/Weak Functions (Alpha Edition)

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Filatova's: Duality as Complementation between Strong/Weak Functions (Alpha Edition)

Here is how Filatova approached Duality descriptions in her english socionics book. She describes how each type's Weakest function (Suggestive) works like a lock, and each type's Strongest function (Base) works like a key.

ILE - The Seeker
    :Burning curiosity for everything new, inquisitiveness; unpredictable behavior; creative excitement; ability to recognize essence under the surface.
    : Need for support in everything that concerns health, well-being, and leisure activities.

SEI - The Epicurean
    : Focus on well-being and physical comfort; ability to create comfortable and pleasant feelings; good cooking capabilities.
    : Seeing the surface rather than the essence; need for help in foreseeing potential outcome of actions and in evaluation of his/her potential capabilities.

LII - The Analyst
    : Analytic thinking, classification, generalization; striving to understand general principles, for creating a model of the world systematization.
    : Reserved and cautious in relations with others poorly understands emotional nuance; fears looking obtrusive and therefore prefers keeping a distance in communication.

ESE - The Enthusiast
    : Cannot live without people and communication with them; creates atmosphere of an emotional feast for self and others; charges people with enthusiasm and good tonus.
    : Difficulty in prioritization and information structuring; often makes precipitate decisions based on emotions.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    Here is how Filatova approached Duality descriptions in her english socionics book. She describes how each type's Weakest function (Suggestive) works like a lock, and each type's Strongest function (Base) works like a key.

ILE - The Seeker
    :Burning curiosity for everything new, inquisitiveness; unpredictable behavior; creative excitement; ability to recognize essence under the surface.
    : Need for support in everything that concerns health, well-being, and leisure activities.

SEI - The Epicurean
    : Focus on well-being and physical comfort; ability to create comfortable and pleasant feelings; good cooking capabilities.
    : Seeing the surface rather than the essence; need for help in foreseeing potential outcome of actions and in evaluation of his/her potential capabilities.

LII - The Analyst
    : Analytic thinking, classification, generalization; striving to understand general principles, for creating a model of the world systematization.
    : Reserved and cautious in relations with others poorly understands emotional nuance; fears looking obtrusive and therefore prefers keeping a distance in communication.

ESE - The Enthusiast
    : Cannot live without people and communication with them; creates atmosphere of an emotional feast for self and others; charges people with enthusiasm and good tonus.
    : Difficulty in prioritization and information structuring; often makes precipitate decisions based on emotions.
    Did she also say anything on how the creative and mobilizing functions work together? What is being said here, does not only apply to duality, but also to semi-duality. I would like to know about the other 50% that is involved in dualization.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Where's the rest?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Where's the rest?
    Yea, really
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Completely disagree. The base function locks the suggestive, and the dual's base unlocks and fills it (the suggestive).

LIIs aren't socially inept because they "lack" social graces -- they simply don't give a fuck. They think them trite, disingenuous, and quite frankly roboticizing of relationships. I will never bow to Fe because to do so is robotic. It's not that I fear losing myself in the Fe morass... it's that people generally will behave exactly as you want them to pretty much without deviation. To bow before Fe is to be truly alone, because you "lose" others to it far more than you could ever lose yourself.

It's one thing to do Ti OR Fe... but Ti AND Fe? Count me out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Completely disagree. The base function locks the suggestive, and the dual's base unlocks and fills it (the suggestive).

LIIs aren't socially inept because they "lack" social graces -- they simply don't give a fuck. They think them trite, disingenuous, and quite frankly roboticizing of relationships. I will never bow to Fe because to do so is robotic. It's not that I fear losing myself in the Fe morass... it's that people generally will behave exactly as you want them to pretty much without deviation. To bow before Fe is to be truly alone, because you "lose" others to it far more than you could ever lose yourself.

It's one thing to do Ti OR Fe... but Ti AND Fe? Count me out.
    Crispy's post didn't even mention "social graces." Do you disagree with Filatova's characterization of ESE, or do you agree with it but still think it doesn't represent a good complementary type for you personally?

Also, if you have such problems with Fe, how do you get along with your second type? I thought your EM type was Beta Fe (?).

@Crispy: I'd be very interested to see what she wrote for the other dual pairs.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Filatova
    Was there a difference between these types and the other types that share these elements as their base?
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use my Fe EM for two purposes: 1) criticizing moral standards, 2) feeling sorry for people. An Fe IM type may feign empathy ("I understand how that must make you feel...") but that doesn't mean they are genuinely sympathetic. Only strong F IM-EM types are.

Remember that next time an ethical type gives you "the talk".

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    Filatova
    Was there a difference between these types and the other types that share these elements as their base?
    Yes as you shall see from the forthcoming Beta Edition.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)