Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Filatova's: Duality as Complementation between Strong/Weak Functions (Alpha Edition)

  1. #1
    Crispy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,097
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Filatova's: Duality as Complementation between Strong/Weak Functions (Alpha Edition)

    Here is how Filatova approached Duality descriptions in her english socionics book. She describes how each type's Weakest function (Suggestive) works like a lock, and each type's Strongest function (Base) works like a key.

    ILE - The Seeker
    :Burning curiosity for everything new, inquisitiveness; unpredictable behavior; creative excitement; ability to recognize essence under the surface.
    : Need for support in everything that concerns health, well-being, and leisure activities.

    SEI - The Epicurean
    : Focus on well-being and physical comfort; ability to create comfortable and pleasant feelings; good cooking capabilities.
    : Seeing the surface rather than the essence; need for help in foreseeing potential outcome of actions and in evaluation of his/her potential capabilities.

    LII - The Analyst
    : Analytic thinking, classification, generalization; striving to understand general principles, for creating a model of the world systematization.
    : Reserved and cautious in relations with others poorly understands emotional nuance; fears looking obtrusive and therefore prefers keeping a distance in communication.

    ESE - The Enthusiast
    : Cannot live without people and communication with them; creates atmosphere of an emotional feast for self and others; charges people with enthusiasm and good tonus.
    : Difficulty in prioritization and information structuring; often makes precipitate decisions based on emotions.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

  2. #2
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,782
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    Here is how Filatova approached Duality descriptions in her english socionics book. She describes how each type's Weakest function (Suggestive) works like a lock, and each type's Strongest function (Base) works like a key.

    ILE - The Seeker
    :Burning curiosity for everything new, inquisitiveness; unpredictable behavior; creative excitement; ability to recognize essence under the surface.
    : Need for support in everything that concerns health, well-being, and leisure activities.

    SEI - The Epicurean
    : Focus on well-being and physical comfort; ability to create comfortable and pleasant feelings; good cooking capabilities.
    : Seeing the surface rather than the essence; need for help in foreseeing potential outcome of actions and in evaluation of his/her potential capabilities.

    LII - The Analyst
    : Analytic thinking, classification, generalization; striving to understand general principles, for creating a model of the world systematization.
    : Reserved and cautious in relations with others poorly understands emotional nuance; fears looking obtrusive and therefore prefers keeping a distance in communication.

    ESE - The Enthusiast
    : Cannot live without people and communication with them; creates atmosphere of an emotional feast for self and others; charges people with enthusiasm and good tonus.
    : Difficulty in prioritization and information structuring; often makes precipitate decisions based on emotions.
    Did she also say anything on how the creative and mobilizing functions work together? What is being said here, does not only apply to duality, but also to semi-duality. I would like to know about the other 50% that is involved in dualization.
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

  3. #3
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Where's the rest?

  4. #4
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,693
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Where's the rest?
    Yea, really
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Completely disagree. The base function locks the suggestive, and the dual's base unlocks and fills it (the suggestive).

    LIIs aren't socially inept because they "lack" social graces -- they simply don't give a fuck. They think them trite, disingenuous, and quite frankly roboticizing of relationships. I will never bow to Fe because to do so is robotic. It's not that I fear losing myself in the Fe morass... it's that people generally will behave exactly as you want them to pretty much without deviation. To bow before Fe is to be truly alone, because you "lose" others to it far more than you could ever lose yourself.

    It's one thing to do Ti OR Fe... but Ti AND Fe? Count me out.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,969
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Completely disagree. The base function locks the suggestive, and the dual's base unlocks and fills it (the suggestive).

    LIIs aren't socially inept because they "lack" social graces -- they simply don't give a fuck. They think them trite, disingenuous, and quite frankly roboticizing of relationships. I will never bow to Fe because to do so is robotic. It's not that I fear losing myself in the Fe morass... it's that people generally will behave exactly as you want them to pretty much without deviation. To bow before Fe is to be truly alone, because you "lose" others to it far more than you could ever lose yourself.

    It's one thing to do Ti OR Fe... but Ti AND Fe? Count me out.
    Crispy's post didn't even mention "social graces." Do you disagree with Filatova's characterization of ESE, or do you agree with it but still think it doesn't represent a good complementary type for you personally?

    Also, if you have such problems with Fe, how do you get along with your second type? I thought your EM type was Beta Fe (?).

    @Crispy: I'd be very interested to see what she wrote for the other dual pairs.

  7. #7
    24601 ClownsandEntropy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Posts
    670
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think it works quite well - including the ESE and LII descriptions. There are some "social graces" which I think are unnecessary, but often if I'm joining an already established group I will follow them, somewhat, as it would be discourteous to do otherwise. But I do think that ESEs are good to have around as they can "create an emotional feast" and "charge people with enthusiasm."

    Look forward to any more descriptions for the other quadras if they are available.
    Warm Regards,



    Clowns & Entropy

  8. #8
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Completely disagree. The base function locks the suggestive, and the dual's base unlocks and fills it (the suggestive).

    LIIs aren't socially inept because they "lack" social graces -- they simply don't give a fuck. They think them trite, disingenuous, and quite frankly roboticizing of relationships. I will never bow to Fe because to do so is robotic. It's not that I fear losing myself in the Fe morass... it's that people generally will behave exactly as you want them to pretty much without deviation. To bow before Fe is to be truly alone, because you "lose" others to it far more than you could ever lose yourself.

    It's one thing to do Ti OR Fe... but Ti AND Fe? Count me out.
    Crispy's post didn't even mention "social graces." Do you disagree with Filatova's characterization of ESE, or do you agree with it but still think it doesn't represent a good complementary type for you personally?

    Also, if you have such problems with Fe, how do you get along with your second type? I thought your EM type was Beta Fe (?).

    @Crispy: I'd be very interested to see what she wrote for the other dual pairs.
    LOL, he's just speaking from his conceptualization of something; it may or may not be related to the topic. Us Ne types tend to speak what we are thinking sometimes.

  9. #9
    Azeroffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    California
    TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,216
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    Filatova
    Was there a difference between these types and the other types that share these elements as their base?
    3w4-5w6-9w8

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I use my Fe EM for two purposes: 1) criticizing moral standards, 2) feeling sorry for people. An Fe IM type may feign empathy ("I understand how that must make you feel...") but that doesn't mean they are genuinely sympathetic. Only strong F IM-EM types are.

    Remember that next time an ethical type gives you "the talk".

  11. #11
    Crispy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,097
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    Filatova
    Was there a difference between these types and the other types that share these elements as their base?
    Yes as you shall see from the forthcoming Beta Edition.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •