Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Chaos

So the president of the United States decides to lower the average expectancy in his country. The British Government declares war on News Corp. And I hear the Republicans are trying to destroy California...?

The News Corp war aside... did I wake up in the Twilight Zone last Monday?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Murdock must have overstepped his bounds somehow. Part of this may be a bid by Britain to save the United States from chaos, which it lurches toward as the Tea Party gains strength. The first step towards this end, a necessary one for Britain, is to remove Murdock, who has systematically sought to buy up every center-right media property he can get his hands on. Then he shuts the center-right voices out, and permits only the far right voices to speak. This is the process by which the Rockefeller Republicans gave way to what has ultimately emerged as the Tea Party. To stabilize the right wings of the English speaking world, Murdock's centralized influence must end.

Obama is about to destroy his campaign by selling the Democrats out. He doesn't think he'll be primaried, but he doesn't realize Al Gore is waiting in the wings. Gore realizes Obama's inexperience and his dangerous practicality. He knows how to sabotage Obama lightly and then stand back as Obama inflicts wounds of his own on himself. Looking at it from afar, it almost reminds me of Britney Spears. An editor for Time Magazine once opined that Britney was doing all those crazy things because she wanted to test the power of her charisma. Charisma is a dangerous thing to test: it may work for a while, but resentment slowly builds. When it reaches a threshold, its effect vanishes for some, and for others it becomes a rationale for projecting the leader's weaknesses on theirs and the leader's common enemy. I'm seeing this on Democratic Underground right now, as the site's Dems divide into pro- and anti-Obama camps. The pro-Obama people (ENTPs, ENFPs, and ISTPs) are defending the president's plan to raise retirement ages for Social Security and Medicare. Needless to say the Obama campaign will be routed if it follows through on its plan to cut Social Security and Medicare. The responsibility will be completely on Obama: the Republican leadership never asked for discussions about either.

My impression is that Obama has lost touch, a condition that is remarkably easy for ISTPs when they gain stature. They often forget where they came from. I think even the blacks will rebel against the rape of the New Deal legacy. There was an article on MSNBC today detailing how blacks have lost all of what they gained in the wake of the recession -- in fact, black community leaders are mobilizing against a new wave of covert racism by the Tea Party: complex voter identification requirements that makes it easier to stop people from voting. Then you pay off the local KKK at the county level by letting their representatives serve as the challengers, to get their vote. Blacks won't idly support someone who doesn't represent their interests, no matter the color of their skin. (especially not now that they've already voted for him once). At least I hope not.

9.2 percent unemployment and a static job market. Wow, just wow. But the best part is, everyone knows it's bad now. And everyone knows that people on top are trying to make it bad. That definitely improves the chances of a violent revolution. The only question is whether America's police officers are prepared to look the other way as it transpires.

I guess we'll know in August.

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This had good tittle. But boring text. I need to avoid tcaudillag

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NewBorn STAR View Post
    This had good tittle. But boring text. I need to avoid tcaudillag
    Indeed.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it's all over now. The Republicans found their way to successfully pull the wool over the Tea Party's eyes they'd been looking for. I must say Obama is a shrewd motherfucker. And if any of you still believe he's an ENFP after this deal, you need to meet more ISTPs.

An ENFP would never in a million years put themselves out like that like he did. They would be afraid of losing. But Obama's strong Te puts everything into perspective: he knows where everybody's commitments lie. This was pure calculation in a way that only a Te type could manage. The only thing he has truly risked is his rep -- which should go a long way towards indicating which function he values least.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All this affirms to me what people have told me for a long time and what I have increasingly come to suspect is true: that both parties are far more psychologically balanced than they are willing to let on, if differently and at heart support most of the same policies, if for different reasons.