Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Temperaments

Here's a cool idea by MisterNi about temperaments that I wanted to share:

Exxp - Box Expanders
    Ixxp- Box Destroyers
    Exxj - Box Enforcers
    Ixxj - Box Creators

What do you guys think? I think it's true generally speaking.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Creepy-Snaps

When you realize there are no limits on dreams, imagination, and creativity, then you realize there is no box at all.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mountain Dew, that's a very typical IP perspective, which neatly fits in what the OP was trying to say.

Not everybody is creative, imaginary or visionary or even WANTS or desires to be. Not everybody is an artist. Some people are just business-y hardworker types and I guess that's okay. Some people are a mixture. Some people are just pure one way or another. A lot of kinds in this world huh.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

perfect
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's a "box" supposed to be?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Mountain Dew, that's a very typical IP perspective, which neatly fits in what the OP was trying to say.

Not everybody is creative, imaginary or visionary or even WANTS or desires to be. Not everybody is an artist. Some people are just business-y hardworker types and I guess that's okay. Some people are a mixture. Some people are just pure one way or another. A lot of kinds in this world huh.
    no because he's expressing his own (personal and subjective) conceptualization, which is IJ
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Some kind of a container, I guess.

this makes Exxjs sound like douchebags and Ixxjs like the douchebag Elite.Also,box destroyers sounds funny for Ixxps.Well,maybe if they sit on boxes and won't get up,sure.

"box expanders" sounds negative since i automatically perceive the box as something limiting.Indeed,Ne/Se leadings do not always fathom what exactly they try to expand and its real impact on the COSMOS,but it's all in the glorious game of creation so its ok.

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off, thanks for posting this Traveler. An idea from the chatbox has finally made its way into a forum post.

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    The "box" are logical or ethical rules that society imposes on the individual which are either deemed acceptable or unacceptable behavior. So the natural types to create these frameworks would be the types with or as their dominant function which is why the Ixxj are the box creators. They create the boundaries or the framework. ie: the Box.

The ExxP on the other hand realize that the framework provided by the IxxJ is valid and consistent with their worldview but in its original form is much too limiting and thus strive to push the boundaries of the original framework due to their worldview and often expansively broad perception or . The Exxp creates breathing room within the boundaries. ie: expanding the Box.

The Exxj understands that people aren't just going to adhere to the framework without someone either enticing people to follow the framework either through incentives, persuasion, coercion, force etc etc. They're the best suited for this due to the extroverted nature of their dominant function and . The sensibility of their methods or message just plain makes sense. ie: they enforce the Box.

The Ixxp realizes that this framework is somewhat arbitrary in nature and thus actively attempts to reduce the effects, if not actively attempting to destroy, the framework that keeps the individual bound from complete freedom. and is sharply perceptive to the flaws of the framework and can navigate, easily exploit the flaws, or if necessary pick it apart piece-by-piece. ie: they either improve, maintain or destroy the Box.

So yes, the Box is metaphorical but using metaphors was the only way to explain what I was trying to say with something that would be a common theme across all of the quadras.

DISCLAIMER: This is still very much a raw idea and definitely needs further refining.

EDIT: Made a slight edit to the Ixxp paragraph.
    Last edited by MisterNi; 07-12-2011 at 06:34 PM.

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timewu View Post
    this makes Exxjs sound like douchebags and Ixxjs like the douchebag Elite.Also,box destroyers sounds funny for Ixxps.Well,maybe if they sit on boxes and won't get up,sure.

"box expanders" sounds negative since i automatically perceive the box as something limiting.Indeed,Ne/Se leadings do not always fathom what exactly they try to expand and its real impact on the COSMOS,but it's all in the glorious game of creation so its ok.
    So if "box expanders" sounds negative, then what would you suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    I hate this entire idea and think it's stupid. I question the assumption that there 'is' or 'need be' a box at all.
    For the feedback, many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton

Yeah.
    I think timewu was actually agreeing with the idea and providing some criticism which is great.

IEE Ne Creative Type

!!!!!!

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I just kinda do stuff - whether it falls inside or outside any specific "box" (there are many) doesn't matter much to me in and of itself, unless the box really needs to be annihilated, or just to be allowed the right conditions to dissolve...
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

did i imply that i agree with the idea?is war what you want ?
    those titles are pretty generic.like,this concept already exists but it is presented as some epiphany in this thread.
    plus,everyone more or less expands,creates,destroys and enforces his/her own boxes (as in limitations) but the degree up to which those actions are applied do not really give us the right to establish those titles about temperaments .those pompous "elemental" temperament concepts should be kept loose if not called into question.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

this is one of those things where it might make sense in a strictly theoretical mathy kinda way but nobodys gonna be like "hell ya i love limitations i enforce those mofos all the time"

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    ahahahahah

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl
    I just kinda do stuff - whether it falls inside or outside any specific "box" (there are many) doesn't matter much to me in and of itself, unless the box really needs to be annihilated, or just to be allowed the right conditions to dissolve...
    Seems Exxp to me.

those titles are pretty generic.like,this concept already exists but it is presented as some epiphany in this thread.
    plus,everyone more or less expands,creates,destroys and enforces his/her own boxes (as in limitations) but the degree up to which those actions are applied do not really give us the right to establish those titles about temperaments .those pompous "elemental" temperament concepts should be kept loose if not called into question.

Yes, you're probably right in a way but your post kind of melts into one long run-on sentence so I'll try to break it up into discrete bits.

Agreeing with someone is considered an act of war? .

OK, well I didn't search the forum or the net to double check if it's a completely original idea/concept but lets just say Traveler got the ball rolling and I've collated, collected and gussied it for your reading pleasure.

plus,everyone more or less expands,creates,destroys and enforces his/her own boxes (as in limitations) but the degree up to which those actions are applied do not really give us the right to establish those titles about temperaments.
    Yes of course. People don't always fit neatly into specific roles and there's going to be a lot of overlap between the temperaments but each temperament should have specific strengths that should played to instead of ignored and potentially ignoring your strengths.

those pompous "elemental" temperament concepts should be kept loose if not called into question.
    Pompous? Keeping it loose? Nice choice of words. lol

IEE Ne Creative Type

!!!!!!

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course you ejs and ijs don't like it, but thats how it is. I get shit everyday for not being an Ij or Ej member of society who is a preditable workaholic box stuffer. I understand the need for box creation, but too much of anything is bad. Thus dynamic Ips and box expanding Eps. Suck on deez nutz.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterNi View Post
    hey don't make fun of my english.

jughead,i dread pushy job environments ,too.however i understand why people try to make the best out of their employees since capitalism allows it.besides,money=security/best services in this political system so pressure has to do with whether your boss feels secure enough or not.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boxes
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

jughead there are plenty of irrationals with jobs lol

what do you get shit for EVERY DAY? ive been criticized for not working hard enough when i was working my ass off and told i'm working too hard when i feel like i'm slacking off so i don't think it even has much to do with what i actually do but more about how much shit in or out of my control is being taken care of and how people feel about me.

^this

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cas? He's joking.

In any case, the idea that j = follower is nuts.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Boxes
    Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    Of course you ejs and ijs don't like it, but thats how it is. I get shit everyday for not being an Ij or Ej member of society who is a preditable workaholic box stuffer. I understand the need for box creation, but too much of anything is bad. Thus dynamic Ips and box expanding Eps. Suck on deez nutz.
    YES, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    this is one of those things where it might make sense in a strictly theoretical mathy kinda way but nobodys gonna be like "hell ya i love limitations i enforce those mofos all the time"
    lol! I dunno about you but I always think to myself, "man eff those boxes, I'm going to totally push it to the limits."

hey don't make fun of my english.

jughead,i dread pushy job environments ,too.however i understand why people try to make the best out of their employees since capitalism allows it.besides,money=security/best services in this political system so pressure has to do with whether your boss feels secure enough or not.
    It was just a funny choice of words is all.

IEE Ne Creative Type

!!!!!!

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    Of course you ejs and ijs don't like it, but thats how it is. I get shit everyday for not being an Ij or Ej member of society who is a preditable workaholic box stuffer.
    /thread

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Cas? He's joking.
    No he isn't lol.
    Then he's dumber than you. Which is rather impressive.

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tough crowd.

IEE Ne Creative Type

!!!!!!

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Analogous thread I made awhile ago: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=34645
    BOOM Headshot!

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Analogous thread I made awhile ago: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=34645
    The funny thing, your entire thread places you squarely into an Exxj lol. Oh well. This thread was just food for thought that seems pretty accurate IMO.

IEE Ne Creative Type

!!!!!!

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Except now it seems you've changed your type to SLE.

IEE Ne Creative Type

!!!!!!

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    but nobodys gonna be like "hell ya i love limitations i enforce those mofos all the time"
    lmao
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Octopuslove
    Thanks for the feedback octopuslove! I meant to use the base function, that is, the leading function for each of the temperaments since those should be the strongest and most easily used for any particular person.

Writing solely from the perspective of Ji gives an over-precedence on Ji IMO especially considering that Ji needs Je and vice versa and Pi needs Pe and vice versa. So as for your points:

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    I guess I can see this kind of working, but based on positions of Ji functions rather than temperaments per se.

e.g. for Ti

The "box" are logical or ethical rules that society imposes on the individual which are either deemed acceptable or unacceptable behavior. So the natural types to create these frameworks would be the types with or as their dominant function which is why the Ixxj are the box creators. They create the boundaries or the framework. ie: the Box.
    LXI, Ti-base - works well enough.
    XLE - Ti-creative - I guess the creative function could be interpreted as expansive, due to its greater flexibility than the base function? "Expander" might not be the best term here though, since I don't think it's used with the primary purpose of expansion.

The other option is XEE - Ti-PoLR. I guess they expand the box by trying to prove its foundations are false using Te? Not sure which one works better.
    Ok, then instead of calling them box expanders what would you suggest?

I don't really agree with this one. Ti is either DS or ignoring function in Ejs, neither of which can really be described by "enforcing".
    OK, how about "upholding"?

The Ixxp realizes that this framework is somewhat arbitrary in nature and thus actively attempts to reduce the effects, if not actively attempting to destroy, the framework that keeps the individual bound from complete freedom. and is sharply perceptive to the flaws of the framework and can navigate, easily exploit the flaws, or if necessary pick it apart piece-by-piece. ie: they either improve, maintain or destroy the Box.
    I think this is a reasonable description of how the demonstrative function can work.
    Cool, thanks.

IEE Ne Creative Type

!!!!!!

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

First off, thanks for posting this Traveler. An idea from the chatbox has finally made its way into a forum post.
    Your welcome MisterNi.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Your welcome MisterNi.
    Responding to all of the feedback+criticism is really time consuming though so I can't do this too often but thanks, I don't want to seem like an ingrate. Hey, btw I'm the one that ended up taking all of the heat for this thread, not you.

IEE Ne Creative Type

!!!!!!

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Your welcome MisterNi.
    Responding to all of the feedback+criticism is really time consuming though. Hey, btw I'm the one that ended up taking all of the heat for this thread, not you.
    LOL that's true . That's what happens when your the originator of the idea.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Responding to all of the feedback+criticism is really time consuming though. Hey, btw I'm the one that ended up taking all of the heat for this thread, not you.
    Haha, not so fast. We're partners in crime on this.

IEE Ne Creative Type

!!!!!!

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Haha, not so fast. We're partners in crime on this.
    Yes, I'm the middle man. Anyways in the end, you got to realize that there will always be people who will accept your ideas and there will always be people who reject your ideas. It's just what happens in life.
    Last edited by Raver; 07-13-2011 at 04:38 AM.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post

no because he's expressing his own (personal and subjective) conceptualization, which is IJ
    ... or I could have been repeating it, something someone else said, and not my own words. Therefore I'm 'enforcing' the box that there is no box.