C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Functional Breakdown-- Quasi-Identical and Extinguishment

Quasi-Identical

Base and Demonstrative Interaction

What you take seriously and exercise extensively as related to your Base function, your Quasi-Identical is more inclined to mock and belittle, though he may not do so in your presence. You, in turn, may be inclined to regard his Base expression in the same way. At the same time, with prolonged contact you will likely find yourself inadvertently responding to your Quasi-Identical’s Base manifestations by joining in rather uncharacteristically, and as long as you are alone together, you will probably not even feel embarrassed by it as you normally would.

Creative and Ignoring/Observing Interaction

Interaction between your Creative function and your Quasi-Identical’s Ignoring function—and vice-versa—will for the most part be regarded between you as simply unimportant to the relationship in general. Sure, you find it hard to value or encourage your Quasi-Identical in his Creative pursuits; but after all, it’s not like it’s his primary focus. When your Quasi-Identical is busy expressing himself Creatively, you are more likely to simply “sit back” or wander elsewhere (physically or mentally) as you wait for the moment to pass.

Role and Mobilizing/Hidden Agenda Interaction

This is probably one of the more beneficial interactions in a Quasi-Identical relationship. When a situation arises in which you start to feel pressure upon your Role, if you simply bring the issue to your Quasi-Identical’s attention he will likely be excited at the challenge and take it up willingly, thereby often diverting the need for you to personally engage in the activity. Of course, he eventually will tire of such a pursuit, but as long as the demand is not too great this will not be perceived as a problem.

Vulnerable/PoLR and Suggestive/Dual-Seeking Interaction

You and your Quasi-Identical share the same weakness in your Vulnerable and Suggestive functions. However, the weakness that you find most awkward and fearful to face, your Quasi-Identical actually seeks help in and gladly welcomes in support of his Base. Therefore, if one of you actually tries to seek help from the other in the area of your Suggestive function, the other is likely to shrug you away with a “Go ask someone else.”
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extinguishment/Contrary

Base and Ignoring/Observing Interaction

As your Ignoring function, the amount of time and focus your Extinguishment is naturally inclined to spend on his own Base function pursuits will—at best—amuse you, and—at worst—frustrate you and cause you to want to slap your Mirage upside the head and force him to see things your way for a change!

Not to say that your Extinguishment’s Base is an area in which you feel uncomfortable or unable to understand. Rather, you will probably understand easily. However, at the same time you will feel inclined to think "what's the use?" when approached with matters related to your Ignoring function, and reject them without much thought.

Nobody likes to be ignored, and of course you want your efforts in your Base function to be taken seriously, but your Extinguishment probably never will. Though he may humor you at times—as you will humor him—for the sake of maintaining a good relationship.

Creative and Demonstrative Interaction

Even though your Creative function is strong and valued, you may find yourself sometimes wishing for it to just take care of itself, as you focus on your Base and Hidden Agenda. As a result, the Creative function may be referred to as a "pseudo-dual-seeking" function.

At times, a strong manifestation of your Extinguishment’s Demonstrative function may “trick” you into thinking you’ve found “Duality” for your Creative function. However, you may be shocked and bewildered later, when you discover that your Extinguishment doesn’t take his Demonstration seriously, and hardly cares to talk about or dwell on it when pushed.

As a result, you may find yourself putting a whole lot more time and effort into your Creative function and less towards your Hidden Agenda, which can leave you feeling frustrated in your personal growth and psychological development. Or else you may find yourself beginning to neglect your Creative nature altogether in an effort to please your Extinguishment, which can be bad for your Ego.

Role and Suggestive/Dual-Seeking Interaction

At times, you will feel the need to exert yourself in your Role function. Efforts related to the Role, however, are uncomfortable at best, and something that you will try to avoid or put off as your Role function directly opposes your Base.

Expending too much time and effort in your Role can leave you feeling particularly exhausted and out of touch with yourself. However, as stated above, you will still feel pressure to focus on your Role at times, as a "necessary evil," particularly when it comes to defending or protecting yourself against pressures on your Vulnerable function, which is even more uncomfortable to focus on than your Role.

Your Extinguishment is ill-equipped to help you in this area, however, as your Role is his Suggestive. He may perceive the need for one of you to perform in this area, but he will hardly be able to do it, and so the task will likely fall to you. But you are liable to fail without the support that you need from a good “coach” or helper, and when that happens you may find yourself wanting to blame your Extinguishment partner for “backing out” on you when you needed him.

The other problem that can arise from this sort of relation, is that what you most need psychologically in support of your Base, but struggle to provide for yourself—or in other words, your Dual-Seeking needs—is something that your Extinguishment partner will hardly feel inclined to provide. He may at times offer suggestions (which may be more or less helpful) to try to help you in this area, but to actually put time and effort—which of course would oppose his Base—will be perceived as drudgery and hardly worthwhile. So, you will be left to either make your best effort to provide for yourself, or to find another person or source better able to fill your need.

Vulnerable/PoLR and Mobilizing/Hidden Agenda Interaction

As the weakest and most awkward part of your psyche, your PoLR is hardly an area in which you care to put any focus or energy. But as your Extinguishment’s Hidden Agenda, he will naturally be inclined to spend a good deal of time here in an effort to improve himself and support efforts in his Ego block. But as this is still a weak function even for your Extinguishment, he may try to get you involved as well—especially if you are in a very close relationship where you naturally want to be doing things together. You will immediately feel very inadequate and uncomfortable in this supportive role, however, and may find yourself making every excuse not to participate. This may offend your Extinguishment, who was only trying to strengthen your bond by inviting you to do something with him that he finds stimulating and enjoyable.
    My life's work (haha):

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the description says that extravertive parnter is in a worse position in extinguishment. I wonder how this could be explained in terms of functions, did you have any ideas about that?

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marietta View Post
    the description says that extravertive parnter is in a worse position in extinguishment. I wonder how this could be explained in terms of functions, did you have any ideas about that?
    Probably due to the Base vs. Ignoring; the same thing might be true with Mirage. If the Extroverted partner ignores the Introvert's Base, no problem really, since the Introvert can still live in his Base with little to no social/external contact. The Extrovert, on the other hand, really needs other people/the external world in order to feed his or her Base, and so if the one you're supposed to be spending most of your time with isn't interested in "going out" to pursue your own Base interests, then you're kinda stuck unless you're willing to break free and go out alone.
    My life's work (haha):

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interesting. But do you also feel that with your Mirage husband? Would you also say that you are in a bit a worse position because of that?

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marietta View Post
    interesting. But do you also feel that with your Mirage husband? Would you also say that you are in a bit a worse position because of that?
    Yes and no. I'm okay, because I have no problem doing stuff on my own (and taking the kids with me). And when it really is important that he come with me, he's usually pretty willing, mostly because he believes that it's important for him to spend time with family. He usually brings a book along, though When out in public, he also tends to wander to the corner a lot, or try to escape to the bathroom. Sometimes he's not as attentive to what we're doing together, which at times can get a little frustrating for me. But, I've learned to accept it.
    My life's work (haha):

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    Quasi-Identical

Vulnerable/PoLR and Suggestive/Dual-Seeking Interaction

You and your Quasi-Identical share the same weakness in your Vulnerable and Suggestive functions. However, the weakness that you find most awkward and fearful to face, your Quasi-Identical actually seeks help in and gladly welcomes in support of his Base. Therefore, if one of you actually tries to seek help from the other in the area of your Suggestive function, the other is likely to shrug you away with a “Go ask someone else.”
    I've noticed that Te seeking in ESIs makes me stressed because I start telling them what to do, I become bossy. And then when they do things "wrong" I get very irritated. It's like they are pulling Te from me or something.